PDA

View Full Version : [Compilation] iPhone 5 Walletcases/Leather/Pouches/Sleeves

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Veriac
Nov 14, 2012, 09:38 AM
Nobody bought the hard graft smoke or heritage case yet? I ordered mine and I'm currently waiting for it to arrive. Couldn't find any reviews or real life pics of this case so I'm hoping I made a good bet.

MarkCooz
Nov 14, 2012, 12:43 PM
I found this one to be pretty cool looking. I might pick it up. This guy I watched on YouTube just posted it. But it's a bit expensive though.

http://bellavitausa.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/400x400/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/p/h/photo10_300dpi_1_-_copy.jpg

http://bellavitausa.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/400x400/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/5/_/5.jpg

dA7KKKd2oRs

anyone else have this case? What do you think?

jasonbaum
Nov 14, 2012, 05:48 PM
I found this one to be pretty cool looking. I might pick it up. This guy I watched on YouTube just posted it. But it's a bit expensive though.

Image (http://bellavitausa.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/400x400/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/p/h/photo10_300dpi_1_-_copy.jpg)

Image (http://bellavitausa.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/400x400/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/5/_/5.jpg)

YouTube: video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=dA7KKKd2oRs)

anyone else have this case? What do you think?

It looks big, when one of your prerequisites is being able to put the case in your pocket, which I suspect is not the case for someone looking at a "wristlet" as it is described on their web site.

I also don't love the idea of holding my wallet up to my face when I talk so for me the ability to pull the phone out of the case quickly, easily and repeatedly are critical which is why I went with a wallet/pouch configuration.

Amazon has nine reviews of it and they seem very positive so that's a good sign I guess. They don't have one for the iPhone 5 and there didn't seem to be anything on Bella Vita's website about plans for a 5 case. (Oddly enough, there's blog post on the broad spectrum of cases out there from October 2012, but nothing about their own plans to address the market.)

I don't know if I've helped you at all especially since you're probably looking to hear from people who have the case but I figured I'd share my thoughts.

Good luck!

aquablue
Nov 14, 2012, 07:00 PM
With most pouches having no jack hole, how are you supposed to listen to music or mute the ringer with a headset if you can't access the buttons (i.e, phone is upside down in case)? Anybody know of a good pouch that has a jack opening?

Iamjoshlee
Nov 14, 2012, 10:33 PM
Has anybody tried these yet? They are really expensive but are SO nice.
http://i.imgur.com/y6zQw.jpg
http://www.etsy.com/listing/108587293/iphone-5-retromodern-aged-leather-pocket

meistervu
Nov 15, 2012, 02:24 AM
After a month, my Atelier Pall wallet finally arrived. But that's the price you paid for getting a hand made item from Romania shipped to the US using normal air mail. The cost of shipping was negligible; it just takes a long time if you are used to domestic shipping. You just have to be patient.

First impression: a lot less bulkier than I expected for all the included compartments and strap. I have seen normal wallet that's thicker. You are basically look at the thickness of 4 layers of high quality leather plus the strap.

At first the phone compartment was quite tight, but after inserting the phone and squeezing the sides to mold the pocket to the shape of the phone for about 30 seconds, the fit was perfect: snug, but fairly easy to remove the phone, but no danger of the thing slipping out even up side down.

My top concern was how bulky the wallet was going to be. It turned out to be quite manageable in my opinion. With 3 cards and 4 bills, it is probably about the typical size of an average wallet with bills, cards, and receipts, and certainly thinner than some wallets I have seen daily. As a test, I tried and it easily accommodates 6 cards and probably 8 bills at the same time.

I am one who appreciate simple and elegant designs. I am a perfectionist when it come to making things, and I have dabbled in all sorts of craft as an amateur. This is a wallet that I admire for a long time. The simplicity and the craftsmanship is astounding the more I look at it. It looks like a piece of art that belongs in a museum. I just love the way it looks. It's a bonus that it holds the iPhone 5 really well, and functions nicely as a normal wallet.

anvikapur
Nov 15, 2012, 02:37 AM
http://www.calypsocrystal.com/calypsocase
these are the most classic cover ever came acrossed

Veriac
Nov 15, 2012, 04:01 AM
Image (http://i.imgur.com/y6zQw.jpg)

Would like to know that to...
Real life pictures please :)

Bechmann
Nov 15, 2012, 11:38 PM
After a month, my Atelier Pall wallet finally arrived. But that's the price you paid for getting a hand made item from Romania shipped to the US using normal air mail. The cost of shipping was negligible; it just takes a long time if you are used to domestic shipping. You just have to be patient.

First impression: a lot less bulkier than I expected for all the included compartments and strap. I have seen normal wallet that's thicker. You are basically look at the thickness of 4 layers of high quality leather plus the strap.

At first the phone compartment was quite tight, but after inserting the phone and squeezing the sides to mold the pocket to the shape of the phone for about 30 seconds, the fit was perfect: snug, but fairly easy to remove the phone, but no danger of the thing slipping out even up side down.

My top concern was how bulky the wallet was going to be. It turned out to be quite manageable in my opinion. With 3 cards and 4 bills, it is probably about the typical size of an average wallet with bills, cards, and receipts, and certainly thinner than some wallets I have seen daily. As a test, I tried and it easily accommodates 6 cards and probably 8 bills at the same time.

I am one who appreciate simple and elegant designs. I am a perfectionist when it come to making things, and I have dabbled in all sorts of craft as an amateur. This is a wallet that I admire for a long time. The simplicity and the craftsmanship is astounding the more I look at it. It looks like a piece of art that belongs in a museum. I just love the way it looks. It's a bonus that it holds the iPhone 5 really well, and functions nicely as a normal wallet.

Thank you for the review. I have been looking for the perfect case for weeks, and finally decided on buying this model. Can't wait to get it.

meistervu
Nov 16, 2012, 12:22 AM
You are welcome. Make sure you order the right one. They come in 2 styles and the Duo at $45 is the one with 2 pockets for cards and cash.

I think it's an incredible deal for a beautifully hand made leather item. Many mass produced plastic, synthetic phone cases are sold for almost that much.

The other thing I forgot to mention is that the stitching is beautiful. They mentioned hand punch holes and hand stitched, but I didn't really appreciate that until I finally saw the finished product. There is an organic quality to it, but not in a bad way like the work of a beginner seamtess learning how to sew :) but more like what you see in beautiful leather upholstery. The threads they used looks beefy and has a sheen to it, like miniature nylon ropes, unlike the flimsy polyester variety that one often sees on mass produced leather goods that fray with age.

I really appreciate the fact that companies like this is still around and accessible to us in this mass produced world.

Adutrumque
Nov 16, 2012, 10:42 AM
BookBook for the iPhone 5 just released!
I'm not gonna buy it but letting you guys know!
http://www.twelvesouth.com/products/bookbook_iphone5/

cuzo
Nov 16, 2012, 11:00 AM
I hear the black loses color quicker is this true?

Bear87
Nov 16, 2012, 04:48 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/2zso28j.jpg

Maybe I will buy this one. The color is blue, the inside is red. Nice color combination here I think, also because of the outside stichting in white! It is supposed to be a nice dark blue color. Very nice.

It is from iCase which was only mentioned once here, and I don't know why. They have great products on their website.

King Julian
Nov 16, 2012, 05:51 PM
Following my purchase of the iKonic Edge case, as soon as it arrived it was swiftly followed by another leather case I just felt I had to have.

This time I bought from Esty, I think a nice little number finished in Horween chromexcel leather and I would say jet black and boy does the black simmer and gleam in the sunlight(if it ever shines).

I love the look and texture of this case and although the touch of the case is harder that my previous purchase the case is beginning to ease out and the leather feels softer by the day and I would say will aged better with time.

The inside is what caught my eye when perusing through the various collections, something different I thought a nice white soft nappa leather which really strikes a complete opposite balance and contrast to the outside.

I went for the initials on the outside this was suppose to 3 letters but I pushed it to 4 letters. I thought this was the "piece de resistance" to such a classy case, and so far has been welcomed by many.

The one thing I would say is for me the case was slightly lose, no problem though a touch of glue solved that.

The phone fits perfectly and is easily removed, hold the case upside down and the phone will not fall out.

All in all a great buy $39 plus $6 postage

http://www.etsy.com/shop/farragobags

esfrost
Nov 17, 2012, 01:20 AM
Image (http://i45.tinypic.com/2zso28j.jpg)

Maybe I will buy this one. The color is blue, the inside is red. Nice color combination here I think, also because of the outside stichting in white! It is supposed to be a nice dark blue color. Very nice.

It is from iCase which was only mentioned once here, and I don't know why. They have great products on their website.

The quality is outstanding. Im using a black one from thin series with my i5. The best leather pouch i've ever seen. I'd get the thin series if i were you, the inside stitching does the trick!

Bear87
Nov 17, 2012, 03:34 AM
The quality is outstanding. Im using a black one from thin series with my i5. The best leather pouch i've ever seen. I'd get the thin series if i were you, the inside stitching does the trick!

How is the inside with the inside stitching? Is it smooth and soft, no change to scratch the phone? First I'd go for Sena but I like the color options iCase offers. In what option is it better than Sena? Thnx!

esfrost
Nov 17, 2012, 06:08 AM
How is the inside with the inside stitching? Is it smooth and soft, no change to scratch the phone? First I'd go for Sena but I like the color options iCase offers. In what option is it better than Sena? Thnx!

The stitches are soft inside, they wont scratch the phone, but i can imagine that i will polish the side of the phone after some time, as it did with my i4's sides, but that was a knomo pouch, it had the same inside stitch, but it was much more rough, than the icase's. I use ********** stickers on the sides of the phone, so it wont affect it.

ZipZap
Nov 17, 2012, 06:55 AM
Image (http://i45.tinypic.com/2zso28j.jpg)

Can you provide a link.

Bear87
Nov 17, 2012, 07:17 AM
Can you provide a link.

Sure: http://www.icaseleather.com/iphone_5_bortok_1/slim_fit_14

DeeEss
Nov 17, 2012, 10:02 AM
I am considering getting one of these (http://www.calypsocrystal.com/calypsocase) cases for my iPhone 5. I like to use my phone naked, because it's so beautiful, but I'd like to keep it safe from scratches in my pocket and especially my wife's purse. But I'd like my case to be equally as beautiful (but not too feminine) as the iPhone
I know a lot of people would go :eek: :confused: $130 for an iPhone case, but I figure I'm paying ~2500 for my iPhone & plan over the contract, so what's $130 for a beautiful looking case.
However, before I pay $130 for a case I want to know that I'm going to get good use out of it. Has anyone bought one of these cases before? Can you tell me if it has lasted, or if it falls apart easily, if it gets too lose eventually for the iPhone, etc. Will this case stand up to daily use for 2+ years?
Image (http://www.calypsocrystal.com/en/image/large/312/CalypsoCase_line.jpg)

Alternatively does anyone have any suggestions for a really premium (under $150 shipped) pouch for the iPhone that they know is high quality?

Thanks!

A case at that price should NOT have a logo on it. It's the only thing that stopped me buying that one.

Dechter
Nov 17, 2012, 01:42 PM
This time I bought from Esty, I think a nice little number finished in Horween chromexcel leather and I would say jet black and boy does the black simmer and gleam in the sunlight(if it ever shines).

Nice looking case! Who is the seller on Etsy?

DeeEss
Nov 17, 2012, 06:02 PM
All these cases with stupid, ugly logos on them.

King Julian
Nov 18, 2012, 03:29 AM
Nice looking case! Who is the seller on Etsy?

Hi I have updated my post with the link, hope you find something to your taste.

foreplay
Nov 20, 2012, 07:35 AM

Good review

Would this wallet fit with a small case? Like a switcheasy tones? or candy grip etc?

What about a behemoth like a defender?

cuzo
Nov 20, 2012, 11:49 AM
Get this deal for Michael Kors Wallet Clutch for iPhone 5, 50% off.
http://www.dealighted.com/main/page/comment/Michael_Kors_Wallet_Clutch_for_iPhone_5_iphone_4_50_off_for_Christmas_5527286

hope this is for chicks:p

meistervu
Nov 20, 2012, 12:32 PM
Good review

Would this wallet fit with a small case? Like a switcheasy tones? or candy grip etc?

What about a behemoth like a defender?

I had to remove my Ringke Slim case to make it fit, so as is I don't think the wallet will fit any case.

But leather stretches, so I would think you may have chance of stretching it to fit a slim case. I was on the fence about cases so it's no big loss for me.

Also, I wonder if the maker would risk their reputation by making the case a little bigger to accomodate an iPhone with a case on request. The way it is, their sizing is impecable for a naked iPhone 5.

hotsauce
Nov 21, 2012, 12:08 PM
I had to remove my Ringke Slim case to make it fit, so as is I don't think the wallet will fit any case.

But leather stretches, so I would think you may have chance of stretching it to fit a slim case. I was on the fence about cases so it's no big loss for me.

Also, I wonder if the maker would risk their reputation by making the case a little bigger to accomodate an iPhone with a case on request. The way it is, their sizing is impecable for a naked iPhone 5.

Did it really take a month? I'm going on s week and a half. Hopefully I get it before Xmas.

meistervu
Nov 21, 2012, 12:42 PM
Did it really take a month? I'm going on s week and a half. Hopefully I get it before Xmas.

It did take a month in my cases. I was told 10 to 20 business days, depending on if the package ended up in custom. The bonus is nice Romanian stamps on the package ;)

For me, without a doubt the wait was worth it.

-C-
Nov 22, 2012, 04:02 AM
Mine took just over two weeks from Romania to Los Angeles.
Worth the wait for me too, it's perfect.

I also have an ikonic edge but it's not very useful to me because it only holds three cards max, and that's almost too many for the case. This one easily holds my four plastic cards, a few business cards, a few stamps and cash with plenty of room to spare if needed.

Most important everything is held in secure and super easy to get at - walking around paying for stuff and quick checking the phone for info is no fuss. Usually I don't have to pull everything out and fumble just to get the one thing I want so for everyday use it's great. Brilliant design.

als88
Nov 22, 2012, 07:03 AM
how tight will the phone be with back front and side protectors in the case? is it easy to get to or do u hv to pull it out a bit

oneflipgguy
Nov 22, 2012, 09:01 AM

Is this the brown or black? I can't tell.

hotsauce
Nov 22, 2012, 01:30 PM

It is burgundy. Basically a shiny brown.

meistervu
Nov 22, 2012, 11:03 PM

It's is old burgundy, which is quite different from burgundy AFAIK. To me burgundy is brown with a reddish tone, where as old burgundy is not as red. I have seen burgundy and I didn't really care for it, so not trusting Atelier Pall photos, I went looking for old burgundy definition. I have to say Atelier Pall's photo (http://www.atelierpall.com/products/iphone-leather-wallet-mono-old-burgundy.html) is pretty accurate.

indiekicks
Nov 23, 2012, 02:43 AM
Hmm... I'm getting a case tomorrow but I think I want to invest in an extra pouch/sleeve as well. I'm still kind of uncomfortable putting the phone in my bag even if it does have a cell phone compartment.

Anyone know of pouches/sleeves with zippers? I want it wrapped up tight with no chance of loose coins or whatever crap is floating around my bag getting in there.

Also, has anyone found that keeping their phone in a pouch makes it harder to hear when you get calls or messages? I already have bad hearing, so this is something I need to consider.

Thanks.

hotsauce
Nov 23, 2012, 11:18 AM
Hmm... I'm getting a case tomorrow but I think I want to invest in an extra pouch/sleeve as well. I'm still kind of uncomfortable putting the phone in my bag even if it does have a cell phone compartment.

Anyone know of pouches/sleeves with zippers? I want it wrapped up tight with no chance of loose coins or whatever crap is floating around my bag getting in there.

Also, has anyone found that keeping their phone in a pouch makes it harder to hear when you get calls or messages? I already have bad hearing, so this is something I need to consider.

Thanks.

Check out the two sleeves offered by Waterfield. They have a zip up style that you might like.

indiekicks
Nov 23, 2012, 09:55 PM
Check out the two sleeves offered by Waterfield. They have a zip up style that you might like.

The last one is rad, it even lets you use the phone without taking it out of the case! Never even considered that.

Thanks! :)

iPhonagain
Nov 23, 2012, 09:59 PM
Curse this thread !! I was perfectly happy with my Ikonicedge leather pouch for my iPhone 5 when I saw the pics of the Atelier Pall & for some reason could not get it out of my mind.
I have seen every leather case on this whole forum and a couple more to boot, and thought the Ikonicedge was the most perfect for me. I bought my first Ikonicedge last year & loved it so much I got a new one for my iPhone 5 as soon as I got it. Then I was just cruisin' the threads of leather cases, as I am prone to do, when I came across the Atelier Pall on here. I haven't been able to get it out of my mind since I saw the first pic, it's got some magnetic appeal to me for some reason. So after a tormenting 15 hours of agony, I just placed my order for the Burgundy double pocket one. Now I have to suffer waiting day in and day out until it arrives. I was sooooonclose to ordering a Bookcase from TwelveSouth right before I saw the Atelier Pall & my brain was racked with anarchy.
Thanks to all who posted pics of the Atelier Pall and saved me from buying what would have been the wrong case for me....

meistervu
Nov 24, 2012, 01:41 AM
Yep, same thing happened to me. I had a really nice leather pouch for my iP4 and never used it much, as the thought of a phone in a pouch in my pocket seemed so redundant. Then I started reading this wallet combo case thread and found Etsy. I was going get a bifold until I stumbled across the Atelier Pall. I kept going back and forth between the two until it I realized that I really like the Atelier Pall design. It was a month of waiting but now that I had it for more than a week, I find it extremely practical. I love the way it looks but you never know until you use it if it will actually works as you envision it would. I went out this evening and had to check my pockets again because I felt like I forgotten wallet. The thing is slim!

Bear87
Nov 25, 2012, 07:37 AM
Just got the case, and i must say that its by far the best leather pouch i have ever tried (in my oppinion its even better than the Knomo and even better than the Sena cases). Fits the i5 perfectly, its tight, very very well made, and the sizing is perfect as its almost adding NO bulk to the phone. I highly recommend this for anyone who is looking for something elegant, minimalistic, and real. And because it is genuine leather its going to get better and better with time!

and here are some pictures:
Image (http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/1950/photo2012102795945.jpg)
Image (http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/2580/photo20121027100034.jpg)
Image (http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3368/photo20121027100050.jpg)

Could you possibly post a picture with the phone inside? Especially interested if the silent button is free, or in the sleeve.

esfrost
Nov 25, 2012, 08:26 AM
Could you possibly post a picture with the phone inside? Especially interested if the silent button is free, or in the sleeve.

The silent button is almost completely free, you can easily use it, i had no problems with that. Everyone knows that the leather stretches out a bit, with time. Im using it for almost a month now, and it still snug fit, which i personally really like.

I love this case so much, that i'm thinking about getting the same case, but in this colour:

http://www.icaseleather.com/product_images/thin_series_14-wpfg1351811027.jpg

Anyways, here are my pictures, sorry for the size.

http://imageshack.us/a/img405/854/fot5t.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img607/7489/fot4.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img688/9507/fot2z.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img703/3641/fot1l.jpg

Bear87
Nov 25, 2012, 08:42 AM
@ esfrost

Thank you so much, greatly appreciated!

esfrost
Nov 25, 2012, 08:47 AM
@ esfrost

Thank you so much, greatly appreciated!

Your welcome, i hope it helps you decide what to get.

Bear87
Nov 25, 2012, 09:37 AM
Definitly it will be an Icase. But all their models look great and as you already said, they have great colors too. I guess I'll be flipping a coin..alltough must admit that the elegant serie is a bit pricy at 35 euro's..

esfrost
Nov 25, 2012, 09:45 AM
Definitly it will be an Icase. But all their models look great and as you already said, they have great colors too. I guess I'll be flipping a coin..alltough must admit that the elegant serie is a bit pricy at 35 euro's..

I have to repeat myself, again. :) If you want absolutely minimal bulk, i highly suggest you to get the Thin Series.

darrinaltman
Nov 25, 2012, 11:59 AM

Do you have to unsnap the strap to remove phone from the sleeve? Does unsnapping the strap make it easier to remove? Thanks for response.

meistervu
Nov 25, 2012, 12:37 PM
Do you have to unsnap the strap to remove phone from the sleeve? Does unsnapping the strap make it easier to remove? Thanks for response.

No, you don't. I supposed if you really really overstuff the wallet with say 6 cards, 10 bills, a stack of receipts then unsnapping the strap may help a bit. But that is being excessive. If you are one who hate thick wallets and tend to keep your wallet trim, you shouldn't have a problem with it.

PastorJeff
Nov 25, 2012, 12:44 PM
The silent button is almost completely free, you can easily use it, i had no problems with that. Everyone knows that the leather stretches out a bit, with time. Im using it for almost a month now, and it still snug fit, which i personally really like.

I love this case so much, that i'm thinking about getting the same case, but in this colour:

Image (http://www.icaseleather.com/product_images/thin_series_14-wpfg1351811027.jpg)

Image (http://imageshack.us/a/img405/854/fot5t.jpg)
Image (http://imageshack.us/a/img607/7489/fot4.jpg)
Image (http://imageshack.us/a/img688/9507/fot2z.jpg)
Image (http://imageshack.us/a/img703/3641/fot1l.jpg)

Do you carry this in front pocket? How comfortable is it?

esfrost
Nov 25, 2012, 01:20 PM
Do you carry this in front pocket? How comfortable is it?

Yeah, most of time i have it in my front pocket. Its really comfortable, i almost cant tell if the sleeve is on the phone or not, its that slim. Slides in and out of the pocket without a problem. The phone stays in the sleeve very well, its snug fit, and i cant see it getting any more loose than it is right now, which is a good thing, you don't want your phone falling out of the sleeve. I really don't think that theres any other this type sleeve or pouch (leather) on the market which would be thiner with the phone in it.

darrinaltman
Nov 25, 2012, 01:38 PM
No, you don't. I supposed if you really really overstuff the wallet with say 6 cards, 10 bills, a stack of receipts then unsnapping the strap may help a bit. But that is being excessive. If you are one who hate thick wallets and tend to keep your wallet trim, you shouldn't have a problem with it.

Thanks again. Really nice review.

PastorJeff
Nov 25, 2012, 01:44 PM
Yeah, most of time i have it in my front pocket. Its really comfortable, i almost cant tell if the sleeve is on the phone or not, its that slim. Slides in and out of the pocket without a problem. The phone stays in the sleeve very well, its snug fit, and i cant see it getting any more loose than it is right now, which is a good thing, you don't want your phone falling out of the sleeve. I really don't think that theres any other this type sleeve or pouch (leather) on the market which would be thiner with the phone in it.

Thanks for the reply. Might have to order me one and see what it's like. 😀

brudog68
Nov 25, 2012, 03:51 PM
Quick tangent...for those of you who have used these folio wallets styles, ie bookbook, pad n quill etc...is there much of a concern for the screen if you don't want to use a screen protector?

I realize if any abrasive got between it could scratch, but just the opposing card side?

kodath
Nov 26, 2012, 12:43 AM

Image (http://www.icaseleather.com/product_images/thin_series_14-wpfg1351811027.jpg)

Hi,

The case looks awesome! Just wondering how would I order this? I went on the website but it's in a different language? Also it shows the cost as 5900 EUROS?

Thanks!

esfrost
Nov 26, 2012, 01:01 AM
Hi,

The case looks awesome! Just wondering how would I order this? I went on the website but it's in a different language? Also it shows the cost as 5900 EUROS?

Thanks!

Yes, its a hungarin company, but you can change language on the top right corner, in the scroll down menu. The prices shows correctly for me, for instance, the thin series is 29 euros. Hope this helps...

kodath
Nov 26, 2012, 01:16 AM
Yes, its a hungarin company, but you can change language on the top right corner, in the scroll down menu. The prices shows correctly for me, for instance, the thin series is 29 euros. Hope this helps...

Thanks for the fast reply, would you happen to know how much shipping cost to Canada? I tried paying with PayPal and it said it would cost $0.14 cents total, I did not proceed because I don't know if they would add a crazy amount for shipping afterwards.

esfrost
Nov 26, 2012, 03:23 AM
Thanks for the fast reply, would you happen to know how much shipping cost to Canada? I tried paying with PayPal and it said it would cost $0.14 cents total, I did not proceed because I don't know if they would add a crazy amount for shipping afterwards.

I couldnt find the price for shipping to the U.S.

I suggest you to drop them an email.

Adutrumque
Nov 26, 2012, 03:46 AM
You should be able to view shipping in the final stages before you purchase the product.

jasonbaum
Nov 26, 2012, 02:49 PM
I received and started using my Brussardo leather about two weeks ago.

The Good: very nice quality leather, stitching and snaps. Has room for a four or five pieces of plastic/license, as well as some cash... eight or nine bills as well as the iP5.

The Bad: there really isn't anything bad about the case whatsoever. It is more design preferences that prevent me from loving the case. There's no "clean" way to hold U.S.-sized currency for instance. The case is too short to put a bill in lengthwise. And when you fold a dollar in half and put it in one of the pouches it is just long enough to get tangled up in the crease.

I have found getting the phone out of the pouch when it is snapped can be a bit of a chore. Once I get it out, I typically put the wallet back in my pocket and then fail to put my phone back into the case and also putting it in my pocket. Much more often than not. And there have been a few times I have pulled out my phone and put my wallet on the table while I talked. Not a good habit to get into!

So after all this, I've decided I am better off with a separate phone case and wallet. Live and learn.

ski4gold
Nov 26, 2012, 10:43 PM

meistervu, great OP on this sleeve. Thanks for the great detail. Couple quick questions...If I missed a post with answers to these question please send me the link!

1) Following up on the quoted post above, I envision keeping the sleeve in my pocket at all times (except when paying for things) and ONLY pulling out my phone from the sleeve to answer / play on my naked phone, then sliding back in my pants pocket when done. Do you use the same way and what is your experience doing so? Pretty easy to pull out and put back in one-handed? If the phone rings in the sleeve in your pocket, can you get to it quick-enough to answer?

2) Do you carry around in your front pocket? How bulky is it when you do?

Am torn between the AtelierPall case you posted and the DODOCase (http://www.dodocase.com/products/durables-wallet-for-iphone-4-5).

Thanks!

meistervu
Nov 27, 2012, 12:56 PM
ski4gold,

1) Following up on the quoted post above, I envision keeping the sleeve in my pocket at all times (except when paying for things) and ONLY pulling out my phone from the sleeve to answer / play on my naked phone, then sliding back in my pants pocket when done. Do you use the same way and what is your experience doing so? Pretty easy to pull out and put back in one-handed? If the phone rings in the sleeve in your pocket, can you get to it quick-enough to answer?

Yes, that's how I use mine. I usually insert the phone into the sleeve so that the speaker end exposed so that way the rings are not muffled and I can use my headset for listening to music. When the phone rings, I can retrieve it pretty quick to answer. I have never missed a call due to the phone being in this wallet. It does however take a little more effort to remove the phone from this wallet than from my pocket: I can't do it one handed as it is now - I have to hold on to the wallet as I pull the phone from it. I suppose I could stretch the leather a bit more and make it possible to remove the phone one handed, but I like the snug fit for now. There is no chance the phone would accidentally falls out.

2) Do you carry around in your front pocket? How bulky is it when you do?

Yes I do. I don't think it's bulky at all: a bit thicker at the bottom, thinner at the top, and tapper at the corners. I am used to a Taxi wallet (look it up) which is more compact than a typical wallet, and this wallet is not any thicker than a Taxi wallet. As a matter of fact it's narrower than the Taxi wallet so it's more comfortable to keep in my front pocket. But I do share your concern when I ordered it. I wasn't sure whether it's too thick. For me it isn't and I think it's thinner than many wallets I have seen.

One thing that I didn't mention in any of my comments so far is how protective it is of the phone. In the worst case scenario if you drop the wallet with the top hitting the ground first, you still have 5mm of leather lips protecting the phone. In other scenarios, you phone is fully protected from all sides.

What's the one negative? compare to my old Taxi wallet, I have to fold my bills in half and unfold them to retrieve a bill. But that is a small price to pay to be able to carry all my cards and cash in a wallet along with a phone.

Hooterville
Nov 27, 2012, 01:05 PM

Do you have a link to purchase this black sleeve?

esfrost
Nov 27, 2012, 01:23 PM
Do you have a link to purchase this black sleeve?

Sure, here you go. If its in a foreign language, than change it in the top right corner, in the drop down menu.

http://www.icaseleather.com/iphone_5_bortok_1/thin_series_7

Hooterville
Nov 27, 2012, 03:39 PM
Thanks, esfrost
Are you in the US and how long did it take to receive?
Thanks.

zen97
Nov 27, 2012, 05:53 PM
Has anyone in the US ordered the Mujjo leather sleeve? Mine shipped about a week ago and I was wondering how long it took. Tracking the shipment says "The item was handed over to the International Logistics Center Frankfurt on Nov 21, 2012 to be forwarded to United States of America."

Bluehinder
Nov 27, 2012, 10:09 PM
Can anyone comment on the pouch that they received from ikonic edge? I find the pouch to be quite a bit longer than the phone, whereas the iPhone4 pouch used to line up quite well.

My experience with IE has been horrible. My first case came ill fitting, too long, sloppy fit, too large. Their response was to send it back to New Zealand at my expense. After I balked at that, they said they would ship me a replacement. That was a month ago, I have never received anything. I'd pass on these guys.

esfrost
Nov 28, 2012, 01:02 AM
Thanks, esfrost
Are you in the US and how long did it take to receive?
Thanks.

Unfortunately, im in Europe/Hungary, where they make theses cases, its a hungarian company, so the delivery was really fast, actually, one day only. I'd say i'd took 1-3 weeks for the package to get to the U.S.

Dino F
Nov 28, 2012, 06:52 AM
Gotta say that I don't normally go for pouches for my iPhones - the only pouch I ever had was for my iPhone 4 and that was one from PDair (great case!!)

HOWEVER:eek:....!!!! Looking at this one (which a previous poster detailed above), I think I'm in love with this one : http://www.atelierpall.com/products/iphone-leather-wallet-duo-full-grain-black.html

The duo version looks like it does everything I would want from a pouch - dual sides for bank notes and credit cards with both sides fastened together with buttons.

I know someone posted some pics earlier but is there any chance of any more photos with the case in your hand (just to visualize how big the case is)?!!

jcutner
Nov 28, 2012, 10:08 AM
I have a switcheasy duo sleeve for my iPhone4 which I love - but damnit it all if sleeve cases aren't hard to find.

I ordered a SENA UltraSlim for my iPhone5 yesterday. Waiting game begins.

Just saw the atelier pall cases. Couldn't resist - ordered a Leather Sleeve in Charcoal Gray as well.

Dino F
Nov 28, 2012, 04:06 PM
Hmm, I'm now having trouble deciding between either this pouch:

...or this one ( which seems to be the best of both worlds as it also comes with a slim style cover for the phone itself):

meistervu
Nov 28, 2012, 06:08 PM
...or this one ( which seems to be the best of both worlds as it also comes with a slim style cover for the phone itself):

Sorry, what do you mean by "the best of both worlds" in reference to the zippered wallet made by Carri.

To me the two are very different, and likely appeal to different types of people. From my point of view:

Atelier Pall:
slim (probably about 1/2 the thickness of the Carri
old world hand made all leather construction
simple

Carri Zippered Wallet:
thick (twice the thickness of the Atelier Pall)
wider
can accommodate an iPhone with a case
machine sewn with cloth, zipper, leather

To me the Carri looks more like a purse than a wallet. It looks like something you could pick up from Target. The Atelier Pall looks like something than can be made last century.

If you were looking for a wallet/purse that can accommodate an iPhone 5 in the case, then Carri is probably your better choice. But if you are looking to carry a naked iPhone 5, a few cards(3,4,5), a few bills (6,8), like a really slim wallet, hate zippers, like high quality hand made leather crafts, then the Atelier Pall is your choice.

As for me, I can't get past the zipper look let alone the thickness. So the Carri is definitely not for me.

meistervu
Nov 28, 2012, 10:50 PM
Gotta say that I don't normally go for pouches for my iPhones - the only pouch I ever had was for my iPhone 4 and that was one from PDair (great case!!)

HOWEVER:eek:....!!!! Looking at this one (which a previous poster detailed above), I think I'm in love with this one : http://www.atelierpall.com/products/iphone-leather-wallet-duo-full-grain-black.html

The duo version looks like it does everything I would want from a pouch - dual sides for bank notes and credit cards with both sides fastened together with buttons.

I know someone posted some pics earlier but is there any chance of any more photos with the case in your hand (just to visualize how big the case is)?!!

Here are some photos of the wallet being held. The hand in the model wear gloves size small I believe. The wallet as pictured contained an iPhone 5, 3 cards, and 7 bills.

iPhonagain
Nov 29, 2012, 12:40 AM
Thanks for the pics meistervu, they are great!
Can't wait till mine arrives, hopefully a week & a half from now.......

That sweet Aetlier just looks better and better every time I see it!

Dino F
Nov 29, 2012, 03:00 AM
Here are some photos of the wallet being held. The hand in the model wear gloves size small I believe. The wallet as pictured contained an iPhone 5, 3 cards, and 7 bills.

Thanks for providing those pics - it certainly does look like a nice pouch. Just a quick question on this, however: does the pouch have any perforations at the bottom, for the speaker and mic of the phone? Also do you find it easy to pull the phone out to answer a call?

I'm toying with either going for the black duo or there is a brown suede one which looks pretty cool, however I can see the suede being worn with constant in and outing from a pocket!!

Bechmann
Nov 29, 2012, 03:14 AM
I got my Atelier Pall last week, and I must say i'm really pleased with it. It has all the real-use benefits i was looking for in a case/wallet. The quality is very nice and you can tell it's handcrafted.

I asked on their Etsy store if they had a dark tan version of the case, and luckily they did. They just hadn't made it available in their store yet. I ended up buying the mono version in dark tan at a premium price of 5 additional USD.

I never carry more than 4 cards with me, and I never carry any bills, so the mono version is perfect for me. When i'm out and about I carry it in my jacket pocket, and when i'm at work I place it on my desk in front of me. If I don't have my jacket with me i can quite easily carry it in my pants pocket as well.

Shipping from Romania to Denmark was very fast. Shipped on monday, and to my surprise, got it on thursday.

I can snap a couple of photos if anyone would like too see anything in particular.

fishmd
Nov 29, 2012, 06:01 AM
Just for those who were wondering, if you contact Atelier Pall about their duo pouch, they will custom make one to fit the iPhone with a case on it for an extra 10$ US. You just tell them the dimensions of the iPhone plus case. Still a really great price in my opinion. I almost ordered one myself which was why I was looking into it. Just contact them through Etsy.

Analbarbiturate
Nov 29, 2012, 10:52 AM
I received both the Piel Frama 597 Black Leather Slim Pouch and a Joli sleeve the other day. Quality is excellent on both.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m102/Thor_photo/th_DSCF1578.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m102/Thor_photo/th_DSCF1588.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m102/Thor_photo/th_DSCF1583.jpg

meistervu
Nov 29, 2012, 11:04 AM
Thanks for providing those pics - it certainly does look like a nice pouch. Just a quick question on this, however: does the pouch have any perforations at the bottom, for the speaker and mic of the phone? Also do you find it easy to pull the phone out to answer a call?

No perforation at the bottom but that is not necessary for the iPhone 5 IMH. I always insert the phone top first, so the speaker faces the opening, that way I can hear if it rings, and I can plug in my head set for listening to music. Apple moving the head set jack to the bottom make a lot of sense in this case.

darrinaltman
Nov 29, 2012, 08:10 PM
I sent a question today to Atelier Pall about a custom pouch I was thinking about. The person who wrote me back, immediately, named Ovidiu, was super responsive. It blew me away how flexible and open to change he was. I asked about a duo pouch with a different leather than he shows on his page and a different color stitching and different buttons. Without hesitation he said he could do what I wanted. Totally unique and custom and since I one time purchased something else from him, he didn't want any more than the listed price. You can't get that kind of service from anywhere else.

Bechmann
Nov 30, 2012, 12:43 AM
I sent a question today to Atelier Pall about a custom pouch I was thinking about. The person who wrote me back, immediately, named Ovidiu, was super responsive. It blew me away how flexible and open to change he was. I asked about a duo pouch with a different leather than he shows on his page and a different color stitching and different buttons. Without hesitation he said he could do what I wanted. Totally unique and custom and since I one time purchased something else from him, he didn't want any more than the listed price. You can't get that kind of service from anywhere else.

I second that! Very responsive and helpful seller!

meistervu
Nov 30, 2012, 03:04 PM
Now that I have had my Atelier Pall wallet for 2 weeks, what do I think of it?

I love it. It is compact yet function extremely well as a wallet for me. I love the fact that it works as a pouch so it provides complete protection for the phone, that I can remove the phone easily when it rings. When I take public transportation I often listen to music and with the head set plugged in the phone can be in the wallet protected. The fact that I can carry 3+ cards and quite a number of bills and the wallet remain slim is really nice. When I ordered it I wasn't sure if it would be practical for me as I don't like thick wallets.

The wallet looks fantastic. I have to say this is the nicest leather thing I ever owned, and I am picky. Both the design and craftsmanship are amazing: simple, elegant, timeless.

I am glad that shop like this is accessible to us on the Internet. The person I contacted, Ovidiu, was extremely responsive and nice. It's like walking down the village and talk to your local leather smith. Amazing hand made item at very reasonable price.

nightlong
Nov 30, 2012, 06:24 PM
Spigen Illuzion leather wallet, indigo and lemon. Excellent quality, fit and protection. It is easy to remove the phone when I don't want want to use speaker phone.

MsRandall
Dec 1, 2012, 08:46 AM
I have used the Hex Solo case for 3 days....I love this case. When I go to dinner or shopping I can take my credit card, id and cash. Love the look and feel of the leather. I am hoping they will release the croc imprint verison for the iPhone 5.

fdxgnd
Dec 1, 2012, 12:35 PM
Image (http://i.imgur.com/y6zQw.jpg)

I have one on the way. Should be here next week.

aerialcombat
Dec 1, 2012, 12:55 PM
Just ordered the Pall Duo case. I got it in brown. Can't wait!

meistervu
Dec 1, 2012, 01:16 PM
I have used the Hex Solo case for 3 days....I love this case. When I go to dinner or shopping I can take my credit card, id and cash. Love the look and feel of the leather. I am hoping they will release the croc imprint verison for the iPhone 5.

It does look like a nice leather case. I used to have a SPG leather case like that w/o card and cash slot for my iPhone 4 and used it until I upgraded to the iPhone 5.

Instead I got a Speck SmartFlex card for my iPhone 5. I used it for about 2 weeks then decided that I didn't like it for 2 reasons:

1. The case make the phone much thicker, about the size of the iPhone 4 with a leather case, and the feeling of the cards sticking out rubbing against my hand when I am at home using the phone is not nice. I found myself taking off the case when I am not out and about. The phone without the case felt much nicer. I started wondering why I put up with a case that make the phone a lot bulkier and uncomfortable to hold (back not smooth) while I am at home. But then I don't like the idea of putting the case on and taking it off depending I am going out or getting home.

2. While the Speck SmartFlex card can accomodate my minimum requirement of 3 cards (driver licence, credit card, mass transit pass), it can't accomodate cash. I tried living without cash for a week and failed. So in reality to fully function as a wallet, the case needs to accomodate at least 3 cards and some cash easily. I find folding a couple of bills carefully to stuff into a tight card slot not very convenient.

After trying the Speck SmartFlex I knew that I don't want a case with cards sticking out, or a thick case. That lesson did cost me $35 (I kept the Speck SmartFlex past the return period). Luckily for me my next choice worked out when I bought the Atelier Pall.

For me these wallet cases are very personal: what is right for one may not be for others. I am just writing my experience in search for a wallet case so that if your needs are similar to my, you may save yourself some time and money.

Another interesting observation about protection: I go back and forth about the need for a case all the time. I love the iPhone 5 naked, but used the minimal Ringke Slim shell on it for a few weeks and found it to be slightly more comfortable than a naked iPhone. I took off the Ringke Slim when the Atelier Pall wallet arrived as it won't fit (I could try stretching the leather but...). What I now realize is that the iPhone inside the Atelier Pall is extremely well protected from all sides. When use mass transit I can plug my headset into the iPhone which is in the wallet and listen to the music and toss the wallet around without a worry. The Ringke Slim or most other cases would only protect the phone if I don't drop it face down. On the other hand if I drop the phone while taking it out of the wallet or using it naked, then there is no protection at all. So there is the trade off. But then the iPhone 5 is such a beautiful design and comfortable to use naked, it's a shame to cover it up.

Farrellcollie
Dec 1, 2012, 01:21 PM
I just received this one from Etsy seller giordanoart. It was fairly expensive, but the leather is fantastic and it fits my phone with the ringke slim case on it. It has two slots on one side and one slot on the other side.

zen97
Dec 1, 2012, 02:50 PM
Just got my MUJJO leather sleeve. The initial impression is that the color is lighter than I was hoping/expecting and the fit is also a little tight. I am having issues taking the phone out. Hope it loosens up a little or this whole idea of using a sleeve is not going to work... They also included a fisheye lens with the shipment which was a nice little surprise.

meistervu
Dec 1, 2012, 04:07 PM
Just got my MUJJO leather sleeve. The initial impression is that the color is lighter than I was hoping/expecting and the fit is also a little tight. I am having issues taking the phone out. Hope it loosens up a little or this whole idea of using a sleeve is not going to work... They also included a fisheye lens with the shipment which was a nice little surprise.

Try this to make it fit better. The reason it's tight is probably because the sleeve tapered at the end. So with the phone in the sleeve, squeeze the sides and the top to give the sides some width and that will make the case conform to the phone better. It worked for me with my wallet phone sleeve.

darrinaltman
Dec 1, 2012, 09:52 PM
I just couldn't resist this:

http://img3.etsystatic.com/000/0/5843950/il_fullxfull.313681767.jpgI just couldn't resist this:

http://www.etsy.com/transaction/96356654

It is expensive but i have a birthday coming up in a couple days, decided to get myself a gift lol

Maybe I missed any follow ups on this. Did you get this wallet? If yes, can you push credit cards in so that they are completely covered in pocket? Also, when you pull your iPhone out from wallet, are there tiny fibers from the leather on the screen?

Thnx for any comments on this wallet.

MarkCooz
Dec 1, 2012, 10:02 PM
So I finally saw a video on The HiShop's Elishacoy wallet case.
It's a bit ehh for me now..

from watching this video, it looked pretty good, but the pockets for the cards are a bit useless to call it a wallet case since it doesn't have a see-through slot for your ID. Also the camera cutout looks too small with flashback washout. :/

i2TB2mYV1hk

Skip around to :50 to see it. (it's a two part review)

What do you guys think? Worth getting for $35?

Dino F
Dec 2, 2012, 08:11 AM
Maybe I missed any follow ups on this. Did you get this wallet? If yes, can you push credit cards in so that they are completely covered in pocket? Also, when you pull your iPhone out from wallet, are there tiny fibers from the leather on the screen?

Thnx for any comments on this wallet.

Surely if you had your iPhone in a wallet/pouch like this, and the wallet was closed, when the phone rings - by the time you actually pop open the buttons on the wallet, open it and pull out the phone, you would have missed the call?!

kthnxshwn
Dec 2, 2012, 08:16 AM
My friend makes some really rad sleeves for Apple stuff. He definitely deserves more recognition.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Cocones

cambookpro
Dec 2, 2012, 04:15 PM
Hi!

Haven't been following this thread recently, but was wondering if anyone can answer my question.

I got a Spigen Crumena when they first went on sale as it was the one pouch that looked clean and simple, yet had good 'features' per se such as the magnetic latch and pull strip to get the phone out.

It's been a couple of months now though, and I was wondering if any better pouches or sleeves have come out? It's nearly Christmas, so was thinking I could get another case either for myself or from someone else. :p

I won't bother if there aren't any better ones though!
Thanks.

Bear87
Dec 3, 2012, 07:42 AM
I have to repeat myself, again. :) If you want absolutely minimal bulk, i highly suggest you to get the Thin Series.

Ordered the thin series in 'Tomy blue'

Nice color and also special because you don't see a lot of dark blue leather sleeves! The red lining is a nice touch too. Can't wait for it to arrive.

----------

Hi!

Haven't been following this thread recently, but was wondering if anyone can answer my question.

I got a Spigen Crumena when they first went on sale as it was the one pouch that looked clean and simple, yet had good 'features' per se such as the magnetic latch and pull strip to get the phone out.

It's been a couple of months now though, and I was wondering if any better pouches or sleeves have come out? It's nearly Christmas, so was thinking I could get another case either for myself or from someone else. :p

I won't bother if there aren't any better ones though!
Thanks.

Well what is better? Of course there are some really nice ones you should check out. As stated above, I've ordered an icase (icaseleather.com) because they have really nices color options available. Also you should check out Pall Atelier, don't have this one myself but they certainly look nice.

esfrost
Dec 3, 2012, 09:18 AM
Glad, you decided to pull the plug on the Thin Series, you'll be amazed by the quality. My friend ordered the same in black colour, and the quality was great, just like mine. Very very nice leather, really slim and snug fit.

Ordered the thin series in 'Tomy blue'

Nice color and also special because you don't see a lot of dark blue leather sleeves! The red lining is a nice touch too. Can't wait for it to arrive.

----------

Well what is better? Of course there are some really nice ones you should check out. As stated above, I've ordered an icase (icaseleather.com) because they have really nices color options available. Also you should check out Pall Atelier, don't have this one myself but they certainly look nice.

sagejyoung
Dec 3, 2012, 09:36 AM
Your phone looks nice and toasty, comfy, and cozy!:D
I agree! nice one.

DeeEss
Dec 3, 2012, 10:15 AM
Oh man, The Calypso Case is exceptional beyond words. I went with the Black "Zurich Night" Ring Case. It's the nicest one I've ever owned. Thoroughly recommended and it means you get to hold the device naked as intended.

The case is actually as nice as the phone its self.

http://www.calypsocrystal.com/calypsocase/silver

Andrew K.
Dec 3, 2012, 04:01 PM
Another diehard Makr fan here. They're incredible. Hand sewn and stitched in the US.

http://makr.com/iphone-5-sleeve-ox-blood-chromexcel

Pricey but the quality is unbelievable. I had one for my 3G and lasted through to my 4S only because the 5 is too long. Asking for this one for Christmas :D (the extra pouch in front is for your cards)

Masatsui
Dec 3, 2012, 05:38 PM
Is there a pouch non wallet style that would work with a power support air jacket set?

3eastie
Dec 3, 2012, 06:20 PM
Another diehard Makr fan here. They're incredible. Hand sewn and stitched in the US.

Pricey but the quality is unbelievable. I had one for my 3G and lasted through to my 4S only because the 5 is too long. Asking for this one for Christmas :D (the extra pouch in front is for your cards)

Andrew or anyone else with a Makr sleeve,
Any risk of the makr sleeve scratching your screen or body of iphone 5 at all since its straight leather inside? How did it do with your phone in past? And how was fit in pocket and on iphone etc.. Not alot of reviews on the web so trying to get all the info I can about it. Really like the makr sleeve for iphone 5 and am thinking of picking one up! thanks

yourtoys7
Dec 3, 2012, 06:38 PM

His product line looks impressive, something to think about :D

meistervu
Dec 3, 2012, 06:57 PM
Any risk of the makr sleeve scratching your screen or body of iphone 5 at all since its straight leather inside? How did it do with your phone in past? And how was fit in pocket and on iphone etc.. Not alot of reviews on the web so trying to get all the info I can about it. Really like the makr sleeve for iphone 5 and am thinking of picking one up! thanks

Leather, being a softer material than glass, cannot scratch glass. It's just plain physics. There is absolutely no exception to this law, regardless of how many posts you read about a soft case scratching the phone, it doesn't happen. I wish it does because that would be magical, like finding a unicorn.

A more likely scenario is that you go to the beach and end up with sand in your leather sleeve. That trapped sand can act like sand paper and scratch the glass.

Clean leather on the other hand is a wonderful screen cleaner. I notice that ever since I started using my Atelier Pall wallet, the action of inserting and removing the phone from the wallet cleans the screen every time.

Andrew K.
Dec 3, 2012, 09:45 PM

Oh it's super soft and has kept my phone intact more than my friends cases. It fits in your pocket perfectly. They all laughed at me for spending $100 on a piece of leather but I reminded them that they spent more than that replacing their cases 3 times. I've been buying from Makr since 2008. The quality is OUTSTANDING.Which is kinda silly because it is "just a piece of leather". All my iphones have stayed in excellent condition. The guy who runs Makr is always good with communication and gives you a lifetime warranty.

There have been a lot of copies of his work floating around for cheaper One Star Leather from Etsy (Corter Leather is another) which are fine but Makr has been doing this since at least 04' so they have quality down to a science.

Leather, being a softer material than glass, cannot scratch glass. It's just plain physics. There is absolutely no exception to this law, regardless of how many posts you read about a soft case scratching the phone, it doesn't happen. I wish it does because that would be magical, like finding a unicorn.

A more likely scenario is that you go to the beach and end up with sand in your leather sleeve. That trapped sand can act like sand paper and scratch the glass.

Clean leather on the other hand is a wonderful screen cleaner. I notice that ever since I started using my Atelier Pall wallet, the action of inserting and removing the phone from the wallet cleans the screen every time.

Exactly.

cmoncam
Dec 3, 2012, 10:05 PM
So is there any distinction between wallet cases that completely encase a phone, and wallet cases that serve *as a wallet*? Sorry if this was covered in the thread already, it's really long...just curious.

Bear87
Dec 4, 2012, 04:31 AM

It looks great, have to admit that! However since it is so pricey and looks so similar to the Pall Atelier, I'm wondering how they compare.

aslnschld
Dec 4, 2012, 05:43 AM
This is what I use, and I love mine. It fits the phone like a glove and is thick enough to give pretty good protection for a pouch.

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/Leather-iPhone-5-Case?sc=8&category=572

bad03xtreme
Dec 4, 2012, 03:39 PM
I got this case from Etsy from WellManneredGoods. I loved the look, it's not really thick which I like too.

http://forums.macrumors.com/picture.php?albumid=812&pictureid=2399

Andrew K.
Dec 4, 2012, 10:53 PM
It looks great, have to admit that! However since it is so pricey and looks so similar to the Pall Atelier, I'm wondering how they compare.

Oh wow, they do look similar. I wonder when those designs where implemented. I can see a slight difference in the type of leather and the cut quality but they still look very nice.

meistervu
Dec 4, 2012, 11:57 PM

I think it comes down to personal preference. If I have to guess, the Atelier Pall, which I have, may use slightly thinner leather than the Markr. It is not a bad thing as you don't want thick leather like a bell in a wallet. With 4 layers of leather, I think the Atelier Pall uses the perfect thickness of leather: thick enough give it the form, and thin enough to be not bulky.

As for comstruction quality, I can't imagine it can be better made. I think the company has been around for more than half a century, and their experience really showed in the wallet that I got.

bluebermuda
Dec 5, 2012, 09:31 AM
If you would like 10% off on your dodo case order here is a coupon that you may use.

C121126-NFRGJ4D

http://www.curebit.com/x/X3iz4

Better hurry though since it expires at 12:00 PM Pacific time on Thursday, December 6th. :D

Enjoy.

Cheers

Bob Brisbane
Dec 5, 2012, 09:33 AM
The Big Thread for iPhone 5 Sleeves, Walletcases and Pouches - UPDATED!

you forgot the handmade panama straw sleeves from LeTom (http://letom.ch/shop2/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=95&lang=en&vmcchk=1).
So here is the updated list:

amznfx collection of hard/(+1x slim leather) walletcases (http://www.shapeways.com/shops/amznfx)
Bellavita Collection (Leather Cases) (http://bellavitausa.com/case-collections/vita-collection.html)
Beyzacases, sleeve (http://us.beyzacases.com/pd-iphone-5-zero-series-case.cfm)
Colcasack (http://www.colcasac.com/iphone-sleeve/)
Dodo sleeve (http://www.dodocase.com/products/wallet-for-iphone-5)
Elementcase, Transit Zipper Case (http://www.elementcase.com/Transit-Zipper-Case-p/api4-1104-k000.htm)
Etsy Cover (Red) (http://www.etsy.com/listing/92385040/iphone-5-cover-iphone-4-iphone-3-samsung)
Etsy Sleeve (http://www.etsy.com/listing/109596320/iphone-5-sleeve-iphone-case-iphone-cover?ref=sr_gallery_39&ga_search_query=iphone+5+wool&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga _max=0&ga_search_type=all)
Etsy Handmade Sleeve (http://www.etsy.com/listing/110400253/handmade-iphone-5-sleeve-case-wallet?ref=usr_faveitems)
Fabrix Cases, collection (http://www.fabrixcases.com/products/iphone-5" target=)
Foofsleeve (http://foofshop.com/)
Horween Chromexcel leather sleeve (http://www.etsy.com/listing/110657055/sale-iphone-5-hand-stitched-horween?ref=pr_shop)
Killspencer Oil Tanned Leather Pouch (http://killspencer.com/product/natural-oil-tanned-leather-pouch-for-iphone-5.html)
Killspencer Pocket Card Carrier (http://killspencer.com/accessories/precision-pocket-card-carrier-for-iphone-5.html)
LeTom Handmade Panama Straw Sleeve iPhone5 (http://letom.ch/shop2/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=95&lang=en&vmcchk=1)
Golla walletcase (http://www.orangeaccessories.co.uk/golla-g1229-dublin-mobile-wallet-black.html)
Ikonic Edge (http://www.hardgraft.com/products/pocketphonecase-allgrey]Hardcraft[/URL]
[URL="http://www.ikonicedge.com)
Incipio, Marco (https://www.incipio.com/cases/iphone-cases/iphone-5-cases/iphone-5-marco-premium-pouch.html)
Mujjo, sleeve (http://www.mujjo.com/the-sleeves-collection/the-originals-sleeves-brown/iphone-5-sleeve-brown)
Romy Snake Sleeve (Real Snake Scales) (http://www.itskins.com/product/signature-sleeves/romy_106_en.html?pb=68)
Sena, Hampton Flip (http://www.senacases.com/apple/iphone-5-cases/hampton-flip/)
Sena, Elega (http://www.senacases.com/apple/iphone-5-cases/elega/)
Spigen Crumena Leather Pouch (http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-5/iphone-5-leather-pouch-crumena-series.html)
Spigen Illuzion Leather Case (http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-5/iphone-5-leather-case-illuzion-series.html)
Suede Jacket (http://www.sfbags.com/products/iphone-cases/suedejacket-iphone.php)
Snugg (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Snugg-iPhone-Case-including-Guarantee/dp/B0091THRCU/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1348498841&sr=1-3)
Simplism, Microfiber Sleeve (http://www.simplism.jp/en/products/iphone/microfiber_sleeve/index.html)
Piel-frama premium leather walletcase (http://www.etsy.com/listing/106456884/iphone-leather-wallet-iphone-5-leather?ref=sr_gallery_9&amp;ga_search_query=iphone+5+leather+wallet&amp;ga_view_type=gallery&amp;ga_ship_to=US&amp; ga_search_type=all" target="_blank">Pall Ateller 1955 Dark Brown Leathercase</a><br> <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.pielframa.com/iphone-5-cases-pf.htm)
Vaja Case (http://www.vajacases.com/iphone-5-leather-cases/stock-iphone-5-leather-cases/stock-iphone-5-leger-br)
Watefield, "Hint" (http://www.sfbags.com/products/iphone-cases/hint-iphone.php)

Bob Brisbane
Dec 5, 2012, 09:44 AM
I just bought a LeTom Handmade Panama Straw Sleeve, and i am very happy.
It's unique, every sleeve has its own straw pattern, its swiss hand made, and it protects my phone completely.
Here is the link (http://letom.ch/shop2/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=95&lang=en&vmcchk=1) on www.letom.ch

http://letom.ch/shop2/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/_MG_0923.jpg

Cheers Bob

jasonbaum
Dec 5, 2012, 09:58 AM
I just bought a LeTom Handmade Panama Straw Sleeve, and i am very happy.
It's unique, every sleeve has its own straw pattern, its swiss hand made, and it protects my phone completely.
Here is the link (http://letom.ch/shop2/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=95&lang=en&vmcchk=1) on www.letom.ch

Image (http://letom.ch/shop2/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/_MG_0923.jpg)

Cheers Bob

Nice looking case! Thanks for sharing.

iPhonagain
Dec 5, 2012, 07:23 PM
Hope my Atelier Pall gets here soon, I'm dying to get it...

-C-
Dec 5, 2012, 08:45 PM
Yeah it's far from porn...

...making a living working with leather, traveling and taking pictures of nice-looking women. Life is good!

Dino F
Dec 6, 2012, 05:19 PM
Not bought one yet but this pouch from Sena certainly looks like it could do everything I'm looking for in a pouch.

http://www.senacases.com/apple/iphone-5-cases/walletskin/#

The iPhone 5 is housed in a leather pouch and there is a flap behind the main pouch area (which is kept closed until needed) where you can store credit cards and also an ID card in the clear plastic section. All in all, looks like a very compact pouch with a wallet combination.

Also, this one by Sena, also looks really good:

http://www.senacases.com/apple/iphone-5-cases/walletslim/#

Again, a very compact pouch which has opening for 2 or 3 cards on the back of the pouch all held nicely by a clasp of some kind.

There is a review of one here: http://youtu.be/IaFUEdspmSE

Hmm - might just have to order one of these - they certainly look like one of the best combos I have seen ( in my opinion of course!!!)

Dino F
Dec 7, 2012, 03:26 PM
Not bought one yet but this pouch from Sena certainly looks like it could do everything I'm looking for in a pouch.

http://www.senacases.com/apple/iphone-5-cases/walletskin/#

The iPhone 5 is housed in a leather pouch and there is a flap behind the main pouch area (which is kept closed until needed) where you can store credit cards and also an ID card in the clear plastic section. All in all, looks like a very compact pouch with a wallet combination.

Also, this one by Sena, also looks really good:

http://www.senacases.com/apple/iphone-5-cases/walletslim/#

Again, a very compact pouch which has opening for 2 or 3 cards on the back of the pouch all held nicely by a clasp of some kind.

There is a review of one here: http://youtu.be/IaFUEdspmSE

Hmm - might just have to order one of these - they certainly look like one of the best combos I have seen ( in my opinion of course!!!)

UPDATE - Well, I finally decided to order the Wallet Slim case. Didn't order directly from Sena however. I found the same case on Amazon (UK) for 40 pounds (British pounds (the iOS Tapatalk app has a nasty habit of changing a pound sign to random numbers????)) + 3 pounds for 1st class delivery. Should have it by Thursday next week.

Definitely gonna be the best case I have owned - it has 3 slots for credit cards (I only have 2 + 1 ID card) so will be perfect for me. Can't wait........!!!!

:D

wmelon123
Dec 8, 2012, 08:34 AM
Please post a review/first thoughts on the walletslim if you can after receiving the case. I am also considering this case since it seems to fit all my requirement.
The only concern I have is the sides of the case do not seem to cover as much compare to the previous version for 4/4s (or the leatherskin case from Sena for 5)

Thanks!

Dino F
Dec 8, 2012, 09:51 AM
Please post a review/first thoughts on the walletslim if you can after receiving the case. I am also considering this case since it seems to fit all my requirement.
The only concern I have is the sides of the case do not seem to cover as much compare to the previous version for 4/4s (or the leatherskin case from Sena for 5)

Thanks!

......sure - no problem. Got the 'your item has been dispatched' email yesterday so may even have it by Tue/Wed.

The Flying Kite
Dec 8, 2012, 11:52 AM
Does anybody know of a walletcase, or sleeve with a pocket for a wallet, that will work with an iPhone 5 that has a case on it? I've been looking for a while, but have come up empty. The case that I have is a Grovemade Bamboo case with these dimensions:
Length: 5.177"
Width: 2.587"
Overall thickness: .441"
Weight: 1.2 oz

TIA

darrinaltman
Dec 9, 2012, 07:38 PM
Does anybody know of a walletcase, or sleeve with a pocket for a wallet, that will work with an iPhone 5 that has a case on it? I've been looking for a while, but have come up empty. The case that I have is a Grovemade Bamboo case with these dimensions:
Length: 5.177"
Width: 2.587"
Overall thickness: .441"
Weight: 1.2 oz

TIA

Most of the sellers on Etsy will make custom wallets. Look on Etsy.com for Atelier Pall, Adimaa or Portel. Send them a message regarding any wallet or pouch you like and I am sure they can and will try to make for you.

Dino F
Dec 10, 2012, 10:22 AM
UPDATE - Well, I finally decided to order the Wallet Slim case. Didn't order directly from Sena however. I found the same case on Amazon (UK) for 40 pounds (British pounds (the iOS Tapatalk app has a nasty habit of changing a pound sign to random numbers????)) + 3 pounds for 1st class delivery. Should have it by Thursday next week.

Definitely gonna be the best case I have owned - it has 3 slots for credit cards (I only have 2 + 1 ID card) so will be perfect for me. Can't wait........!!!!

:D

Ok, so my Sena Wallet Slim arrived today and these are my first impressions of it.

The first thing I have noticed is that the leather is really quite stiff. There are slots on the back for 3 separate cards/ID cards which I have filled with 2 bank cards and a drivers licence. To be quite honest - it really is an effort to get all 3 cards in and once they ARE in, it's an even bigger effort just to pull one of them out!!!! Not sure if this is because the case is new and the leather needs time to stretch but I will leave them in there for the week and see how it goes (hopefully the case will stretch !!!).

Looking at the case from the front, the top part is covered slightly and also around the bottom, the leather goes around the Home button. Another thing which is a little weird is that the volume up & down buttons are actually covered up (there are 'plus' and 'minus' symbols actually printed on the leather where they press against the actual buttons) and there are no openings for these.

There are the usual opening, along the bottom, for the charging port and headset jack although some of the speakers are covered very slightly.

The case is quite comfy to hold - it has a very slim form factor considering it houses my phone AND 3 cards ( I have also managed to fold a bank note and slip it behind one of the bank cards as well!)

As I said earlier, the only thing which I currently dislike about this is how difficult it is to actually pull the cards in and out but I'm hoping that this is just due to the leather being so new and stiff and will hopefully soften up with some use. I'm gonna use this case for a week or so and report back to see how the leather is!!

I have posted a few pics below showing how compact the whole case is compared to my existing wallet!!! Some of the pics are from my iPad so apologies for the naff quality!!!

I guess all I have to do now is get used to the fact that when I leave the house from now on, I will no longer have my wallet in my back pocket (where it always lives!!!) and it will all be together in my front pocket with my phone! Only time will tell..........

meistervu
Dec 10, 2012, 12:37 PM
What I discovered with my Atelier Pall wallet was that the overall size was right, it's the shape that needed to be molded, and you can do that by hand easily. This applies to all leather items.

What I meant is in my case the phone pocket did not conform to the shape of the phone at first: tight at the edges and loose in the middle. So I put the phone in the wallet and squeeze the sides and the top to mold it to the shape of the phone. After about a minute it was perfect.

You may find the similar issues with various areas of you wallet. Just fill it with what you normally carry and shape it with your hands. Sure you can just use it and eventually you will get the right shape, but why wait.

fdxgnd
Dec 10, 2012, 06:45 PM
Just got my retro leather card pouch from portel today. Holy crap this thing is gorgeous. I'll get pics up when I can. Check them out on etsy

wmelon123
Dec 11, 2012, 01:06 PM
Thanks Dino for the photos and the reviews!
It look really thin with the phones and cards in the case, compare to some other wallet style case. I think it will suit my need quite well, only need to think what color to buy now.

Dino F
Dec 11, 2012, 04:14 PM
Thanks Dino for the photos and the reviews!
It look really thin with the phones and cards in the case, compare to some other wallet style case. I think it will suit my need quite well, only need to think what color to buy now.

No probs - glad my 'review' helped your decision !

Not sure how much these cases cost if bought directly from Sena - I imagine they would cost quite a bit + the shipping to the U.K. ( well for me at least). I managed to get mine from Amazon (U.K.) for around 40 pounds.

Iamjoshlee
Dec 11, 2012, 10:17 PM
Just got my retro leather card pouch from portel today. Holy crap this thing is gorgeous. I'll get pics up when I can. Check them out on etsy
Mine should be here next week. I'm stoked.

fdxgnd
Dec 12, 2012, 02:33 AM
Mine should be here next week. I'm stoked.

You won't regret it. I have never held a $100 piece of leather. But now I know why it's that much. Perfect in every way.

Marco123
Dec 12, 2012, 07:23 AM
What I discovered with my Atelier Pall wallet was that the overall size was right, it's the shape that needed to be molded, and you can do that by hand easily. This applies to all leather items.

What I meant is in my case the phone pocket did not conform to the shape of the phone at first: tight at the edges and loose in the middle. So I put the phone in the wallet and squeeze the sides and the top to mold it to the shape of the phone. After about a minute it was perfect.

You may find the similar issues with various areas of you wallet. Just fill it with what you normally carry and shape it with your hands. Sure you can just use it and eventually you will get the right shape, but why wait.

Thanks, I received mine today. I ordered a custom grey and black wallet and I love it.
A genuine one off, the stitching and look,of his wallet for he price is fantastic. Highly recommended.

meistervu
Dec 12, 2012, 11:14 AM
Thanks, I received mine today. I ordered a custom grey and black wallet and I love it.
A genuine one off, the stitching and look,of his wallet for he price is fantastic. Highly recommended.

Yes, the price is amazing at least compared to what you get in the US. For about $50 you get a hand made leather wallet that is quite unique, extremely well made, at a cost that is not much more than a mass produced plastic/silicon/rubber case.

Dino F
Dec 13, 2012, 07:51 AM
Just to update my post on the Sena Wallet Slim ( http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=16460100 ).

After a weeks usage, the leather on the case has indeed stretched and softened up a little. Getting the cards, on the back, in and out, is somewhat easier than before.

I also had a look around my local shopping centre today, to see what kind of wallet/pouches they had to offer and to be honest, the majority of these were the kind where there is a flap that either hangs down from the case or the kinds where the flap opens like a book and neither of these I like.

The only other case, which I contemplated, was the Atelier Pall pouch ( as mentioned further up!), which if I'm honest - still looks nice and very tempting (even though I have the Sena!). However, I think, in practise, the Sena (for me anyway) seems to be better. I was out today doing my Christmas shopping, so there I was at the tills waiting to pay - shoppings bags in one hand and with my free hand, was very easy to pull out the Sena Wallet and transfer it to the hand holding the bags leaving my free hand free again to open the clasp and pull out a credit card to pay!!

:)

meistervu
Dec 13, 2012, 11:57 AM
Just to update my post on the Sena Wallet Slim ( http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=16460100 ).

The only other case, which I contemplated, was the Atelier Pall pouch ( as mentioned further up!), which if I'm honest - still looks nice and very tempting (even though I have the Sena!). However, I think, in practise, the Sena (for me anyway) seems to be better. I was out today doing my Christmas shopping, so there I was at the tills waiting to pay - shoppings bags in one hand and with my free hand, was very easy to pull out the Sena Wallet and transfer it to the hand holding the bags leaving my free hand free again to open the clasp and pull out a credit card to pay!!

:)

I imagine accessing credit cards on the Atelier Pall is as easy as the Sena Wallet: sometime I would just pull the credit card out without undoing the strap.

On the other hand , the Sena Wallet allows you to use the phone without taking it out of the pouch.

But then on the other other hand, the Atelier Pall can carry cash which for me is quite important. I live with a Speck SmartFlex Card for 2 weeks and found that it did not replace my wallet completely because I could not carry cash.

But the thing that really pushed me over the edge after using the Speck SmartFlex Card for 2 weeks is that when I no longer need my wallet, my wallet still sticks to the phone and I end up with the this contraption with my credit cards and id sticking out the back of the phone which is not nice to hold compared to a thin case or a bare phone. I found myself removing the phone from the case when I am home which makes sense (why carry your backpack with you when you are home) but then it made me rethink the idea of such a case and decided that perhaps a wallet pouch like the Atelier Pall was better for me.

I think there are pros and cons for every design, and what works for me may be wrong for you.

Dino F
Dec 13, 2012, 03:29 PM
I imagine accessing credit cards on the Atelier Pall is as easy as the Sena Wallet: sometime I would just pull the credit card out without undoing the strap.

On the other hand , the Sena Wallet allows you to use the phone without taking it out of the pouch.

But then on the other other hand, the Atelier Pall can carry cash which for me is quite important. I live with a Speck SmartFlex Card for 2 weeks and found that it did not replace my wallet completely because I could not carry cash.

But the thing that really pushed me over the edge after using the Speck SmartFlex Card for 2 weeks is that when I no longer need my wallet, my wallet still sticks to the phone and I end up with the this contraption with my credit cards and id sticking out the back of the phone which is not nice to hold compared to a thin case or a bare phone. I found myself removing the phone from the case when I am home which makes sense (why carry your backpack with you when you are home) but then it made me rethink the idea of such a case and decided that perhaps a wallet pouch like the Atelier Pall was better for me.

I think there are pros and cons for every design, and what works for me may be wrong for you.

......you know - that is exactly what I have found myself doing with the Sena wallet as well. When I am at home, I have been taking it out of its case when I am using just the phone ( obviously don't need to hold the whole thing with the cards and everything whilst at home!) and only putting it back into the case when I actually leave the house to go out.

That's got me re-thinking now about the pouch way of thinking as well !!!

With the Atelier Pall - is the iPhone quite snug in the pouch? I mean, if its in there and you hold it upside down, will it drop out at all?!

meistervu
Dec 13, 2012, 04:15 PM
With the Atelier Pall - is the iPhone quite snug in the pouch? I mean, if its in there and you hold it upside down, will it drop out at all?!

Yes, it's quite snug. There is no change the phone would fall out even if you hold the wallet up side down and shake it. Yet it's pretty easy to remove the phone.

Robster3
Dec 13, 2012, 04:19 PM
Thanks to the photos and reviews on here i ordered a Atelier Pall burgundy wallet, took 2 weeks to australia. What a quality case it is, we have had piel frama, mapi, and i got a Iconic Edge that came with faulty stitching, but you can't compare them to the atelier pall. I also got them to make a matching mini case which they made the same day and sent the next after i paid. Such a good business to deal with, emails are answered very fast.

The phone will not fall out when upside down too, i only use the case when i go out. Love it.

anubhav.y
Dec 16, 2012, 04:09 PM
this is the sexiest case i have ever seen...aston martin and beyzacases together

http://www.beyzacases.com/pd-iphone-5--slim-v--case.cfm

jcutner
Dec 18, 2012, 05:14 PM
I just got my Atelier Pall case, it came with this other wallet thingy with the case. What is that? Black leather with tan leather over it

Dino F
Dec 18, 2012, 05:23 PM
I just got my Atelier Pall case, it came with this other wallet thingy with the case. What is that? Black leather with tan leather over it

Can you put up some pictures of your case so we can see it? Still contemplating getting one of these!

The Green Mac
Dec 18, 2012, 05:46 PM
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l115/wbgreenh/IMG_0333_zpsf421db17.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l115/wbgreenh/IMG_0330_zpsdc402b61.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l115/wbgreenh/IMG_0332_zpsbefe6cfd.jpg

thomasfrdavis
Dec 18, 2012, 07:40 PM
just got this sleeve

http://ozakiverse.s3.amazonaws.com/OC551LA-01.jpg

http://ozakiverse.com/products/iphone_5/ocoat-nature

lovin' it so far.. :D

The Flying Kite
Dec 18, 2012, 09:02 PM
just got this sleeve

Image (http://ozakiverse.s3.amazonaws.com/OC551LA-01.jpg)

http://ozakiverse.com/products/iphone_5/ocoat-nature

lovin' it so far.. :D

Do you think there's enough room for a case on the iPhone while it's in the sleeve?

brudog68
Dec 18, 2012, 09:04 PM

Sounds like you got a nice surprise...nothing extra with mine...got a pic?

thomasfrdavis
Dec 18, 2012, 09:19 PM
Do you think there's enough room for a case on the iPhone while it's in the sleeve?

no. i tried this with a friend's case.

without the case the iphone fits tightly.

jcutner
Dec 18, 2012, 09:38 PM
I've been using a Sena UltraSlim case for a few weeks now and it's great - very slim and keeps the weight and size to a minimum.

The Atelier Pall is noticeably larger, I'll see how it is when I take it with me to work tomorrow.

Here are some pictures as you have requested.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8486/8286606114_fc4912edc2_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8480/8285550799_27102915ae_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8497/8286603134_ebaa2e1ef7_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8338/8285547211_4b2b855671_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8477/8285547571_d4b1019f1c_c.jpg

and here you can see the extra "wallet" thing
edit: so upon research, it looks like it's this - http://www.atelierpall.com/products/minimal-leather-wallet-tan-brown-duotone.html
they included it in my box with the case for some reason!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8065/8285546913_918eba861f_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8501/8286604240_b8e8f83a6f_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8072/8286604580_829cf91e16_c.jpg

brudog68
Dec 18, 2012, 10:37 PM
Oh ok. My pall was the one with flaps for wallet attached.

fdxgnd
Dec 18, 2012, 10:41 PM
Anybody interested in buying my portel brown leather wallet case? Never used.

Strickland
Dec 18, 2012, 10:52 PM
Anybody interested in buying my portel brown leather wallet case? Never used.

How much are you asking?

fdxgnd
Dec 18, 2012, 11:24 PM
How much are you asking?

What i paid. Took almost 2 months to get and I never even put my phone in it cuz I moved on. $100

Iamjoshlee
Dec 19, 2012, 01:04 PM
My wallet from Portel (http://www.etsy.com/listing/108587293/iphone-5-retromodern-aged-leather-pocket) came in the mail today. This thing is amazing. The craftsmanship on this is superb. Currently, I have 4 cards in there that can fit in an out with ease. But with time, I should be able to get 6 in there.
http://i.imgur.com/NxeaS.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/uHunN.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/r0m8K.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WM5zK.jpg

Dino F
Dec 19, 2012, 01:56 PM
My wallet from Portel (http://www.etsy.com/listing/108587293/iphone-5-retromodern-aged-leather-pocket) came in the mail today. This thing is amazing. The craftsmanship on this is superb. Currently, I have 4 cards in there that can fit in an out with ease. But with time, I should be able to get 6 in there.
Image (http://i.imgur.com/NxeaS.jpg)
Image (http://i.imgur.com/uHunN.jpg)
Image (http://i.imgur.com/r0m8K.jpg)
Image (http://i.imgur.com/WM5zK.jpg)

That certainly looks good - however it also looks quite bulky. Can you get it into your jeans pockets easily when you're out and about?

Iamjoshlee
Dec 19, 2012, 02:31 PM
That certainly looks good - however it also looks quite bulky. Can you get it into your jeans pockets easily when you're out and about?

Yes. It's actually not difficult at all to get in and out. The only thing I can compare it to right now is the otterbox defender. It's much easier to pull in an out than the defender. And this is coming from someone who wears jeans on the sort of skinnier side.

Dino F
Dec 20, 2012, 04:20 AM
This pouch looks very interesting, from Bodyguardz:

http://www.bodyguardz.com/pocket-case-black-armor-carbon-fiber-black-for-apple-iphone-5-covers-shields-skins-films.html

It is 100% leather, has 2 slots for credit cards/cash, has small holes at the bottom for the speakers and seems very lightweight and minimalistic and also comes with a set of skins for the iPhone 5.

Might have to give this one a go...!!!

Adutrumque
Dec 20, 2012, 05:13 AM
I just found this cool looking case! It looks like some kind of LotR design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuonVkYr4e8

I like it.

ZipZap
Dec 20, 2012, 06:54 AM

I think these cases are ruined by the makers need to emblazon their name to prominently in the leather.

I dont think the name should appear on any leather product but if it has to is should be small and hidden.

----------

This pouch looks very interesting, from Bodyguardz:

http://www.bodyguardz.com/pocket-case-black-armor-carbon-fiber-black-for-apple-iphone-5-covers-shields-skins-films.html

It is 100% leather, has 2 slots for credit cards/cash, has small holes at the bottom for the speakers and seems very lightweight and minimalistic and also comes with a set of skins for the iPhone 5.

Might have to give this one a go...!!!

Skip it. It was a bad fit and bigger than it needed to be. I sent mine back even though I only paid $9.95

----------

I just found this cool looking case! It looks like some kind of LotR design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuonVkYr4e8

I like it.

Ahh...NO.

Size alone makes it ridiculous.

This is one of the best ones I've found (no credit card slots): Click Me (http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-5/iphone-5-leather-pouch-crumena-s.html)

Dino F
Dec 20, 2012, 07:49 AM
Skip it. It was a bad fit and bigger than it needed to be. I sent mine back even though I only paid $9.95

When you say 'Bad Fit' - what do you mean exactly?! From looking at the pics and watching a review of it ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J42dy11bIto&list=FLuBuTYUU7btdu4UOqyLmC2A&index=3 ), it seems quite slim compared to most of the pouches in this thread.....?!

Bakari45
Dec 20, 2012, 01:35 PM
I'm pleased to share that the T8 Wallet (http://www.t8cases.com/pages/about-us) case I ordered arrived today, and it's definitely a little more than I expected. I was concerned that the case, like most iPhone cases, would be a little too bulky, but it's not. It's nearly light as sheet of paper while also very stylish.

http://imageshack.us/a/img51/6029/remotesnap000112.jpg

It's super easy to slip in the iPhone, and it can carry two cards, plus say a five dollar build. So wherever you have your iPhone, you also have your cards. The vegetable-tanned Italian leather that the case is made of feels just good as the smooth anodized aluminum back side of the iPhone 5. It doesn't cover up any of the iPhone controls or buttons.

The only thing about this case is that it is $60, and I think it ships out of Hong Kong. It's the second case I've gotten, and if had looked long enough I probably could have found something similar and cheaper, but definitely not the same quality. There is a similar case I know of that looks nearly the same, but when you check that case out in the Apple Store, you realize that the material is seriously cheap, and that case sells for $35!

If the stitching holds up then this T8 Case will be a perfect case for me. I'm not crazy about the little blue elastic loop, but I can live with it.

http://imageshack.us/a/img839/6640/t8case.jpg

Adutrumque
Dec 20, 2012, 02:19 PM
I think these cases are ruined by the makers need to emblazon their name to prominently in the leather.

I dont think the name should appear on any leather product but if it has to is should be small and hidden.

----------

----------

Ahh...NO.

Size alone makes it ridiculous.

This is one of the best ones I've found (no credit card slots): Click Me (http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-5/iphone-5-leather-pouch-crumena-s.html)

Yeah, I know its pretty big but women like it - maybe? :)

MarkCooz
Dec 31, 2012, 09:55 AM
Has anyone tried the Spigen Leather Grip case in any color?

I was gonna get it in Vintage Brown, but I just saw this review.

bUXE9R9af_w

He says the case changes color overtime.. I'm not sure how I feel about that! I could always get the white leather though... hmm decisions decisions lol

meistervu
Dec 31, 2012, 01:15 PM
Has anyone tried the Spigen Leather Grip case in any color?

I was gonna get it in Vintage Brown, but I just saw this review.

YouTube: video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=bUXE9R9af_w)

He says the case changes color overtime.. I'm not sure how I feel about that! I could always get the white leather though... hmm decisions decisions lol

I had one for an iPhone 4. I love the fact that it changes color: it develops a patina over time that looks wonderful. You don't have to baby it. Many people commented on how unique it looks. It is also very nice to hold as the edges are soften by a small radius, and because it is leather.

I say, go for it.

ddd13
Dec 31, 2012, 01:50 PM
Hey!

I own an iphone 4 and i just destroyed my ikonic edge leather case from which i was fully satisfied for 2 years.And as i was ready to order a new ikonic of different colour,fortunately i decided to look around for new cases and stuff.So i fell in love with the atelier pall products.I just have some question before i order one:

1)I had the ikonic edge (not the new superslim ones,the first being made).And do not want the simple plain atelier pall one but those with the mono wallet.Not that i need the wallet so much but because i find them very stylish.So my question is,how much bulkier would it be than the ikonic? Ok i expect it to be bulkier but is it so elegant as it seems in the photos and fits in a jeans pocket easily?

2)As i said i do not know how much i will use the wallet.However i had the idea to put the headphones inside it.Do they fit?

3)I have a major dilemma between the two leathers.
http://www.atelierpall.com/products/iphone-leather-wallet-mono-brown.html
http://www.atelierpall.com/products/iphone-leather-wallet-mono-old-burgundy.html
Which one would you suggest?

Thank you in advance for your responses and i wish you a happy new year!

dinggus
Dec 31, 2012, 04:11 PM
I'm pleased to share that the T8 Wallet (http://www.t8cases.com/pages/about-us) case I ordered arrived today, and it's definitely a little more than I expected. I was concerned that the case, like most iPhone cases, would be a little too bulky, but it's not. It's nearly light as sheet of paper while also very stylish.

Image (http://imageshack.us/a/img51/6029/remotesnap000112.jpg)

It's super easy to slip in the iPhone, and it can carry two cards, plus say a five dollar build. So wherever you have your iPhone, you also have your cards. The vegetable-tanned Italian leather that the case is made of feels just good as the smooth anodized aluminum back side of the iPhone 5. It doesn't cover up any of the iPhone controls or buttons.

The only thing about this case is that it is $60, and I think it ships out of Hong Kong. It's the second case I've gotten, and if had looked long enough I probably could have found something similar and cheaper, but definitely not the same quality. There is a similar case I know of that looks nearly the same, but when you check that case out in the Apple Store, you realize that the material is seriously cheap, and that case sells for $35!

If the stitching holds up then this T8 Case will be a perfect case for me. I'm not crazy about the little blue elastic loop, but I can live with it.

Image (http://imageshack.us/a/img839/6640/t8case.jpg)

Really nice! Step for my pocket though.

Robster3
Dec 31, 2012, 04:13 PM
Hey!

I own an iphone 4 and i just destroyed my ikonic edge leather case from which i was fully satisfied for 2 years.And as i was ready to order a new ikonic of different colour,fortunately i decided to look around for new cases and stuff.So i fell in love with the atelier pall products.I just have some question before i order one:

1)I had the ikonic edge (not the new superslim ones,the first being made).And do not want the simple plain atelier pall one but those with the mono wallet.Not that i need the wallet so much but because i find them very stylish.So my question is,how much bulkier would it be than the ikonic? Ok i expect it to be bulkier but is it so elegant as it seems in the photos and fits in a jeans pocket easily?

2)As i said i do not know how much i will use the wallet.However i had the idea to put the headphones inside it.Do they fit?

3)I have a major dilemma between the two leathers.
http://www.atelierpall.com/products/iphone-leather-wallet-mono-brown.html
http://www.atelierpall.com/products/iphone-leather-wallet-mono-old-burgundy.html
Which one would you suggest?

Thank you in advance for your responses and i wish you a happy new year!

I have the burgundy mono, very nice. Also have the iconic edge slim tan. The mono is about .5" wider/taller and thicker, but the leather is thicker and the phone fits in nicer and is better protected. Tried the headphones in the front, they do fit a bit fiddly to get in, but it is more for cash/cards etc. My iconic came with faulty stitching, the mono is perfect. they made me a mini case the same colour. Both took 2 weeks to Australia same as iconic. Considering they are the same price the mono is nicer leather better stitching more to it. The iconic is thin leather with a micro fibre lining inside

MarkCooz
Dec 31, 2012, 05:32 PM
I had one for an iPhone 4. I love the fact that it changes color: it develops a patina over time that looks wonderful. You don't have to baby it. Many people commented on how unique it looks. It is also very nice to hold as the edges are soften by a small radius, and because it is leather.

I say, go for it.

Nice! Thanks for that man. Gonna try and pick one up for myself when my paycheck is here!

Veriac
Jan 2, 2013, 12:18 PM
Received my Natural Horween genuine shell Cordovan sleeve from Makr.

http://i.imgur.com/GAQz2.jpg

3eastie
Jan 2, 2013, 02:09 PM
Veriac,
Thoughts on the makr? Worth the extra money for the cordovan over the regular leather? How is it fit wise in pocket, using with phone, getting out etc..I can't decide on this and if cordovan is worth the premium price..THANKS?? Also could you maybe post a pic of sleeve with phone in it etc.

TTRAKS911
Jan 2, 2013, 03:33 PM

riseboi
Jan 2, 2013, 03:58 PM

Whole Grain Mustard

TTRAKS911
Jan 2, 2013, 04:25 PM
Thank you! @riseboi

bluesboy77
Jan 2, 2013, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the pics, I was wavering between the Sena UltraSlim and the Pall, after seeing your pics, I ordered the Pall.

I've been using a Sena UltraSlim case for a few weeks now and it's great - very slim and keeps the weight and size to a minimum.

The Atelier Pall is noticeably larger, I'll see how it is when I take it with me to work tomorrow.

Image (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8486/8286606114_fc4912edc2_c.jpg)

Image (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8480/8285550799_27102915ae_c.jpg)

Image (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8497/8286603134_ebaa2e1ef7_c.jpg)

Image (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8338/8285547211_4b2b855671_c.jpg)

Image (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8477/8285547571_d4b1019f1c_c.jpg)

edit: so upon research, it looks like it's this - http://www.atelierpall.com/products/minimal-leather-wallet-tan-brown-duotone.html

Image (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8065/8285546913_918eba861f_c.jpg)

Image (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8501/8286604240_b8e8f83a6f_c.jpg)

Image (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8072/8286604580_829cf91e16_c.jpg)

Gstott
Jan 4, 2013, 04:09 AM
Hi,

i have a query for anyone that has a case like the AtelierPall simple slip case - I have an iphone 5 in an elago slimfit s5 case which adds about 1mm in depth on each side an approx 1.5mm depth. i want to put this in the leather case to protect the phone further when i'm carrying it around. I contacted the folks at Atelier Pall and they said the phone won't fit fit in their 'normal' version and order their bumper version which is bigger. I'm just concerned it might be too big!

Anyone out there got the AtelierPall and willing to offer advice one way or another? Are there any other slip cases that will fit an encased phone?

Thanks,
Gareth

everythingfun
Jan 4, 2013, 07:03 AM
anyone use fabric pouch?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/118768113/iphone-5-pouch-iphone-5-sleeve-iphone-5

The Flying Kite
Jan 4, 2013, 09:00 AM
Hi,

i have a query for anyone that has a case like the AtelierPall simple slip case - I have an iphone 5 in an elago slimfit s5 case which adds about 1mm in depth on each side an approx 1.5mm depth. i want to put this in the leather case to protect the phone further when i'm carrying it around. I contacted the folks at Atelier Pall and they said the phone won't fit fit in their 'normal' version and order their bumper version which is bigger. I'm just concerned it might be too big!

Anyone out there got the AtelierPall and willing to offer advice one way or another? Are there any other slip cases that will fit an encased phone?

Thanks,
Gareth

I had the same problem as you but with my Grovemade case, which is slightly bigger. Somebody suggested contacting Etsy shops to see if they could make a custom case, and I ended up getting a custom version of this: http://etsy.me/ZFJZ0V
Grams28 was very helpful, and stated that any of his items could be custom made, so its not just limited to this specific case. I ordered it on December 20, 2012, and since it ships from Hong Kong, I'll likely get it today or tomorrow. There are a lot of other shops that will make custom cases for you though, such as Adimaa. If you search for "Leather iPhone 5 Wallet, I'm sure you'll find a case you'll like, and then you can just contact the seller to see if they also make custom cases.
Good luck. :)

meistervu
Jan 4, 2013, 11:30 AM
Hi,

Thanks,
Gareth

I bought their wallet duo case and the fit is perfect for a naked iPhone 5. I have a Ringke Slim, which is about as thin as a case one can get I think, and it won't fit.

I think their sizing is really good, so if they recommend a different size, I would go with their recommendation.

jfrancis04
Jan 4, 2013, 02:46 PM
Anyone have the Little Pocket Book from Pad & Quill?

http://www.padandquill.com/cases-for-iphone-ipod-touch/little-pocket-book-for-iphone-5.html

King Julian
Jan 4, 2013, 06:02 PM
Does anybody have any experience with a company called Kouros, operating out of Portugal, http://www.kouroscases.com/blade I am interested in the "Blade" range. I can't find out much about the company.

jfrancis04
Jan 4, 2013, 06:30 PM
Anyone have the Little Pocket Book from Pad & Quill?

http://www.padandquill.com/cases-for-iphone-ipod-touch/little-pocket-book-for-iphone-5.html
Just purchased this. I'll be sure to check back in and let everyone know how it is. 30-day money back guarantee so doesn't hurt to try I suppose. It's a little pricey ($60), but the craftsmanship is said to be excellent.

If you decide to buy, feel free to use this link to get 10% for both you and myself. http://curebit.com/x/4DQkl

King Julian
Jan 6, 2013, 05:49 AM
Does anybody have any experience with a company called Kouros, operating out of Portugal, http://www.kouroscases.com/blade I am interested in the "Blade" range. I can't find out much about the company.

Since posting this I have recently contacted Kouros inquiring about the iPhone 5 Kouros blade sleeve and I was promptly sent a few imagines.

Adutrumque
Jan 8, 2013, 05:21 AM
Just saw this in another thread in here, just in case you miss the smaller threads.

Ultra Flip
(Pretty much like Samsung S3 case)
Scroll down for pics
http://www.spigen.co.kr/shop/detail.php?pno=65684369725BE7C63A49221213A928E6&cno1=1001&rURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spigen.co.kr%2Fshop%2Fbig_section.php%3Fcno1%3D2203&cafe_id=

whiteyanderson
Jan 8, 2013, 04:58 PM
I just received a Dodocase (durables wallet) and I'm sending it back. It's nice, but not for me.

Before I received the Dodo, I ordered one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A68X1UM/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

I like it so much that I'm ordering another and keeping it as a back up. I don't use the screen protector, but I can keep a couple cards, my DL, a bill or two and some business cards in it. I was skeptical due to the price, but reviews were good and I am really happy with it.

Only con is I have no need for a "kickstand" and think they are kind of cheesy, but the stand on this looks like it is part of the case, is leather covered and sits flush with the case when not in use.

tonyy
Jan 9, 2013, 10:03 AM

Image (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8486/8286606114_fc4912edc2_c.jpg)

Image (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8480/8285550799_27102915ae_c.jpg)

Image (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8497/8286603134_ebaa2e1ef7_c.jpg)

Image (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8338/8285547211_4b2b855671_c.jpg)

Image (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8477/8285547571_d4b1019f1c_c.jpg)

Image (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8065/8285546913_918eba861f_c.jpg)

Image (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8501/8286604240_b8e8f83a6f_c.jpg)

Image (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8072/8286604580_829cf91e16_c.jpg)

How long did it take for your sleeve to come in from EU?

DTSxJP
Jan 10, 2013, 02:07 PM
Hmm, I'm now having trouble deciding between either this pouch:

What is the name of this product?

Dino F
Jan 11, 2013, 05:10 AM

It's called the Atelier Pall

Check out the post here for more info:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=16299578

mdavid727
Jan 15, 2013, 08:51 AM
check out this Kickstarter Wallet Case...

http://www.bullettrain.com/SAFEWallet.html

Dino F
Jan 15, 2013, 10:02 AM

That is one awsome case if it takes off! They still need another $9500 and only in just 23 days - wonder if they'll get it?!

Adutrumque
Jan 17, 2013, 07:17 PM
Spigens new ULTRA FLIP is out! :D

http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-5/iphone-5-case-ultra-flip-series.html

bluesboy77
Jan 18, 2013, 11:28 PM

I ordered one of these (Atelier Pall) a couple of weeks ago, can't wait for it to show up. The wait is killing me.

darrinaltman
Jan 19, 2013, 04:35 PM
Some thoughts on the Portel wallet: Christmas money was burning a hole in my pocket and I sold my Hard Graft wallet on eBay so I ended up ordering the Portel wallet. At the time I ordered they only showed on their site a brown version and a marine (blueish color) but I emailed them and ordered a black one.

Quick bottom line: Wallets are not for everyone, but I can't imagine a better quality wallet. The saying, "you get what you pay for" applies here.

I believe the Portel wallet stands out from the rest of the similarly designed wallets because of the leather and the stitching.

Leather: You can see from the photos below that the leather on the outside is the same as on the inside. Even the leather on the underside of the pockets is the same. The other wallets I have seen have a "suede" side, which tends to shed fibers and attract lint. I don't know anything about leather but I did go to Wikipedia and from what I can get from there, Portel uses a full grain leather while the others use a top grain, where they slice the leather into two pieces.

Stitching: The pockets for the cards have stitching on each side and the pockets are the exact width of the cards, so it is easy to slip in and out and keep nice and tight. The pocket for the iPhone is dead on exact, making the wallet feel very solid in your hand.

I guess some may not like the aged look of the leather, preferring a new look to it, especially at this price, but I love it. My wife insists I was ripped off and the wallet is used. Luckily she hasn't asked me how much I paid for it.

I have only had it for a couple of days so it is not broken in yet. The wallet doesn't unsnap so quickly and I have to pull a bit to get the iPhone out. From past experience with leather wallets, I know it will loosen up in a week or so.

It is the most expensive in its class, from what I have seen, but well worth the money.

These photos show the wallet with the iPhone 5 (with Phantomskinz back and side protectors), driver's license and medical insurance card in one pocket, an atm and credit card in the other and three bills folded in the bottom pocket.

Smileyboy
Jan 19, 2013, 07:59 PM
Some thoughts on the Portel wallet: Christmas money was burning a hole in my pocket and I sold my Hard Graft wallet on eBay so I ended up ordering the Portel wallet. At the time I ordered they only showed on their site a brown version and a marine (blueish color) but I emailed them and ordered a black one.

Quick bottom line: Wallets are not for everyone, but I can't imagine a better quality wallet. The saying, "you get what you pay for" applies here.

I believe the Portel wallet stands out from the rest of the similarly designed wallets because of the leather and the stitching.

Leather: You can see from the photos below that the leather on the outside is the same as on the inside. Even the leather on the underside of the pockets is the same. The other wallets I have seen have a "suede" side, which tends to shed fibers and attract lint. I don't know anything about leather but I did go to Wikipedia and from what I can get from there, Portel uses a full grain leather while the others use a top grain, where they slice the leather into two pieces.

Stitching: The pockets for the cards have stitching on each side and the pockets are the exact width of the cards, so it is easy to slip in and out and keep nice and tight. The pocket for the iPhone is dead on exact, making the wallet feel very solid in your hand.

I guess some may not like the aged look of the leather, preferring a new look to it, especially at this price, but I love it. My wife insists I was ripped off and the wallet is used. Luckily she hasn't asked me how much I paid for it.

I have only had it for a couple of days so it is not broken in yet. The wallet doesn't unsnap so quickly and I have to pull a bit to get the iPhone out. From past experience with leather wallets, I know it will loosen up in a week or so.

It is the most expensive in its class, from what I have seen, but well worth the money.

These photos show the wallet with the iPhone 5 (with Phantomskinz back and side protectors), driver's license and medical insurance card in one pocket, an atm and credit card in the other and three bills folded in the bottom pocket.

Nice case, may give it a try! Still digging my Orbino though.

Dino F
Jan 20, 2013, 06:08 AM

Looks nice however I can't help feel that these wallets are a little flawed. Surely, if you have your iPhone inside the wallet and it is closed and inside your pocket and it rings, by the time you pull out the wallet from your pocket, unsnap the wallet, open it and pull out the phone, you have every chance of missing the call?!

viewfly
Jan 20, 2013, 06:16 AM
A general question to anyone. I have a Sena pouch that I used rarely.

Q: isn't it a pain with these wallet cases/pouches to check messages, Facebook postings, emails etc often ? Or even answer the phone?

Or do you not use your phone much?

I mean they look great but I find in practice for them to be awkward.

Just curious how others use these.

JBryan84
Jan 20, 2013, 02:05 PM

Q: isn't it a pain with these wallet cases/pouches to check messages, Facebook postings, emails etc often ? Or even answer the phone?

I have Spigen Crumena S leather sleeve and yes it is a big pain if you're someone who constantly looks at their phone. Yes it looks great when its inside but the functionality isn't there. I get emails often, texts, push notifications and its annoying to check them when using this sleeve. I will use it when I go to work because it helps prevent me from playing and doing random **** on my phone and responding or checking every push notification right away. I find it helps me stay more focused lol. So I've recently been using the Elago S5 leather flip case. I love it. It's essentially a piece of leather glued to the back of a high quality snap case. It covers the screen nicely and is easy to just flip open when I need to use the phone. Check it out, I highly recommend it. I did need to remove the leather piece and readjust we're it stuck so that it would lay flush against the screen opposed to sticking up and looking funny.

King Julian
Jan 20, 2013, 02:28 PM

Personally I use the leather sleeves I have for transportation only. When I am at work, or in a meeting the phone (naked of course) will sit proundly besides me.

meistervu
Jan 20, 2013, 04:23 PM

That was my initial thought too when I got my iPhone 5. I had a really nice Beza leather sleeve for my iPhone 4 and stopped using it after a week.

Then I stumbled up on this thread and the thought of combining a wallet and a case seemed good. Still I had that reservation about a sleeve. It seems cumbersome if you use your phone a lot.

But I like the iP5 naked and love the idea of only having to carry one thing. So when I stumbled onto the AtelierPall Duo, I took a gamble and ordered it. You can see my full review somewhere on this thread.

I have used it for about 2 months now and I still love it. I don't miss a call because of the delay getting the phone out yet. I love the protection while listening to music as I can control the music with my headphone and the phone is in the wallet fully protected, likewise when I have the phone in the wallet in my pocket or a bag: it's fully protected. And the whole thing is not any bigger than my old wallet with all the craps.

Sure it would be more cumbersome if I am the type who check the phone every few minutes. I found that I have "grown up" a bit and spend more time interacting with the real world so having a phone in a pouch is a positive thing in a way as it is more of a psychological barrier to remove the phone from the wallet pouch.

Smileyboy
Jan 20, 2013, 05:39 PM
That was my initial thought too when I got my iPhone 5. I had a really nice Beza leather sleeve for my iPhone 4 and stopped using it after a week.

Then I stumbled up on this thread and the thought of combining a wallet and a case seemed good. Still I had that reservation about a sleeve. It seems cumbersome if you use your phone a lot.

But I like the iP5 naked and love the idea of only having to carry one thing. So when I stumbled onto the AtelierPall Duo, I took a gamble and ordered it. You can see my full review somewhere on this thread.

I have used it for about 2 months now and I still love it. I don't miss a call because of the delay getting the phone out yet. I love the protection while listening to music as I can control the music with my headphone and the phone is in the wallet fully protected, likewise when I have the phone in the wallet in my pocket or a bag: it's fully protected. And the whole thing is not any bigger than my old wallet with all the craps.

Sure it would be more cumbersome if I am the type who check the phone every few minutes. I found that I have "grown up" a bit and spend more time interacting with the real world so having a phone in a pouch is a positive thing in a way as it is more of a psychological barrier to remove the phone from the wallet pouch.

Where'd u get it? Pics?

wmelon123
Jan 20, 2013, 09:14 PM

I have been using Sena Walletskin for almost a month now, and I like it a lot.
There has been a discussion comparing the Walletskin and AtelierPall style poach in another thread too. Basically, the cons and pros for Walletskin in my view are:
Pros:
Not cover on the front, so can use the phone as it is, compare to poach style or the flip style wallet cases.
3 credits card slot (can fit 4), with the "protective" clip to prevent the cards from slipping out (not likely as the fit is tight)

Cons:
kind of hard to use cash with the case, but still possible to slide in some bills if prefer.

Like other said, the benefit of carrying just one item is the major reason why wallet cases are appealing, so as long as it fit the user habits, they are great cases regardless of the style. I am still looking for my dream wallet case, that's leather, slim, carry cards and cash, and protective all around...

DrMotownMac
Jan 20, 2013, 09:56 PM

That is one awsome case if it takes off! They still need another $9500 and only in just 23 days - wonder if they'll get it?!

Here's the Kickstarter page: SAFE Wallet Case for iPhone 5 by BulletTrain (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1226679498/safe-wallet-case-for-iphone-5)

So, it's now five days later, and with 18 days remaining, they need $1655, or 43 more backers. They must have gotten over 200 backers in the past 5 days. I think they should be able to find another 43 before February 7th. Meanwhile, it looks so superior to most of the competition I've seen in this thread, I think I'm going to take my chances and order mine tonight. Can someone please tell me what the downside of this case is? It seems to be lighter, cheaper and have greater card carrying capacity (and room for cash and key!). Why would I not want this one over the others? I don't need the "genuine leather" or wood (??). Polycarbonate is okay with me.

Update at 11:59 pm: I just pledged $39 for me and $39 for my wife to get each of us one (silver and blue, respectively). Unfortunately, they don't ship until April...and that's if they reach the goal (which I really think will happen).

meistervu
Jan 20, 2013, 09:56 PM
Where'd u get it? Pics?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1452824&page=21

PieMac
Jan 21, 2013, 08:31 AM
Here's the Kickstarter page: SAFE Wallet Case for iPhone 5 by BulletTrain (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1226679498/safe-wallet-case-for-iphone-5)

So, it's now five days later, and with 18 days remaining, they need $1655, or 43 more backers. They must have gotten over 200 backers in the past 5 days. I think they should be able to find another 43 before February 7th. Meanwhile, it looks so superior to most of the competition I've seen in this thread, I think I'm going to take my chances and order mine tonight. Can someone please tell me what the downside of this case is? It seems to be lighter, cheaper and have greater card carrying capacity (and room for cash and key!). Why would I not want this one over the others? I don't need the "genuine leather" or wood (??). Polycarbonate is okay with me.

Update at 11:59 pm: I just pledged $39 for me and $39 for my wife to get each of us one (silver and blue, respectively). Unfortunately, they don't ship until April...and that's if they reach the goal (which I really think will happen).

I'm thinking about pledging as well. I already have a Hard Graft Skinny Fit wallet style case that I've been using for a couple of months and I love it, but I also like to switch out cases from time to time for variety.

I've never pledged on Kickstarter...what happens if they don't reach their goal? Anybody here ever have that happen?

Dino F
Jan 21, 2013, 09:11 AM
I'm thinking about pledging as well. I already have a Hard Graft Skinny Fit wallet style case that I've been using for a couple of months and I love it, but I also like to switch out cases from time to time for variety.

I've never pledged on Kickstarter...what happens if they don't reach their goal? Anybody here ever have that happen?

Not 100% sure but I think if they don't reach their goal, they don't charge you (it's looking more and more likey that they WILL hit their target now: just under $1500 to go and still have 17 days left) . i.e. your card is only debited if they reach their target.

JaySoul
Jan 21, 2013, 10:02 AM
Just got mine today. Will use it for going out drinking/clubbing etc, so don't have to double up with a wallet. Love it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JAMMYLIZARD-Black-Leather-Wallet-iPhone/dp/B009A8XFZA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358784109&sr=8-1

Absolute BARGAIN. So glad I didn't spend 7 times as much in the Apple Store.

Adutrumque
Jan 21, 2013, 10:10 AM
Just got mine today. Will use it for going out drinking/clubbing etc, so don't have to double up with a wallet. Love it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JAMMYLIZARD-Black-Leather-Wallet-iPhone/dp/B009A8XFZA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358784109&sr=8-1

Absolute BARGAIN. So glad I didn't spend 7 times as much in the Apple Store.

That was actually one good price.

Cheers :cool:

JaySoul
Jan 21, 2013, 11:02 AM
That was actually one good price.

Cheers :cool:

No worries!

Yeah I thought at that price, take the risk. Wasn't sure if they were fake reviews, but it's definitely the real deal. I'll be giving it 5 stars!

Made in China, and clearly they have just cut out the middleman. Great quality.

viewfly
Jan 21, 2013, 08:48 PM
I have Spigen Crumena S leather sleeve and yes it is a big pain if you're someone who constantly looks at their phone. Yes it looks great when its inside but the functionality isn't there. I get emails often, texts, push notifications and its annoying to check them when using this sleeve. I will use it when I go to work because it helps prevent me from playing and doing random **** on my phone and responding or checking every push notification right away. I find it helps me stay more focused lol. So I've recently been using the Elago S5 leather flip case. I love it. It's essentially a piece of leather glued to the back of a high quality snap case. It covers the screen nicely and is easy to just flip open when I need to use the phone. Check it out, I highly recommend it. I did need to remove the leather piece and readjust we're it stuck so that it would lay flush against the screen opposed to sticking up and looking funny.

Personally I use the leather sleeves I have for transportation only. When I am at work, or in a meeting the phone (naked of course) will sit proundly besides me.

I have been using Sena Walletskin for almost a month now, and I like it a lot.
There has been a discussion comparing the Walletskin and AtelierPall style poach in another thread too. Basically, the cons and pros for Walletskin in my view are:
Pros:
Not cover on the front, so can use the phone as it is, compare to poach style or the flip style wallet cases.
3 credits card slot (can fit 4), with the "protective" clip to prevent the cards from slipping out (not likely as the fit is tight)

Cons:
kind of hard to use cash with the case, but still possible to slide in some bills if prefer.

Like other said, the benefit of carrying just one item is the major reason why wallet cases are appealing, so as long as it fit the user habits, they are great cases regardless of the style. I am still looking for my dream wallet case, that's leather, slim, carry cards and cash, and protective all around...

Thanks for the responses. I agree with most of what you guys are saying and I see that we share some of the same experiences.

I vary with the usage intensity of my phone, so some days, even a naked phone needs a open front case, cause I find that I just need to shove it into a part of my car cup holder...and wouldn't do that with a naked phone.

Other times, using a case for carrying and then just naked in my pocket is fine enough.

But I definitely carry more than a few cards and other ID's, plus at least a $100 that would bulk up any of these wallet phone cases. I'll have to stick to a simple sleeve or pouch at this point.

The thing is , that I've lost 2 Sena cases now; when I take them off to use the phone, it gets forgotten or lost somehow. I find that frustrating as heck.

So I'm always on the lookout for a nice case that is easy to take on and off, without long term damage to it, or the phone. And then naked with the Sena case other times. Guess, that I'll never be a one case guy.

I do wonder if slipping a phone constantly in/out of a sleeve with cause the black to wear off the edges more quickly, as compared to just leaving it in a case ;)

darrinaltman
Jan 21, 2013, 10:49 PM

If they don't reach their goal, the don't charge you. But, a word of caution. You are investing in an idea and there is no guarantee you will actually get anything. I have backed several things that were supposed to ship already and I haven't received anything. I like Kickstarter, but just know that not all of the projects actually ship.

DrMotownMac
Jan 22, 2013, 07:47 AM
If they don't reach their goal, the don't charge you. But, a word of caution. You are investing in an idea and there is no guarantee you will actually get anything. I have backed several things that were supposed to ship already and I haven't received anything. I like Kickstarter, but just know that not all of the projects actually ship.

Wait a sec...you had your credit card charged, but they never shipped you anything? Or, did you "pledge" the money and just never receive it? It seems to me that if your credit card company runs the charge, then you damn well better receive a product! If that happens to me, I'll fill complaints with KickStarter AND my credit card company until I get the money refunded.

Adutrumque
Jan 22, 2013, 07:50 AM
Wait a sec...you had your credit card charged, but they never shipped you anything? Or, did you "pledge" the money and just never receive it? It seems to me that if your credit card company runs the charge, then you damn well better receive a product! If that happens to me, I'll fill complaints with KickStarter AND my credit card company until I get the money refunded.

Iam sure one way or another, Kickstarter got some kind of safetynet for these types of issues. I wouldnt be worried.

darrinaltman
Jan 22, 2013, 09:44 AM

Look into it, there are no guarantees on Kickstarter.

PieMac
Jan 22, 2013, 09:49 AM

This is from Kickstarter's website:

Kickstarter's Terms of Use require creators to fulfill all rewards of their project or refund any backer whose reward they do not or cannot fulfill

I went ahead and pledged and put in for a silver case a couple of days ago and of this am, they have reached their goal! Too, this company seems reliable...they already have a successful product out the door with their eXpress keyboard.

DrMotownMac
Jan 22, 2013, 11:22 AM

I went ahead and pledged and put in for a silver case a couple of days ago and of this am, they have reached their goal! Too, this company seems reliable...they already have a successful product out the door with their eXpress keyboard.

Thanks, PieMac! That actually makes me feel a little better. My wife and I pledged $39 each for a silver and a blue case, so I'm really hoping the process goes smoothly. I've never purchased anything from Kickstarter before, but I must say that I do like the concept!

Meanwhile, I can't wait to come back here in a few months and tell everyone how cool my new SAFE Wallet Case is! Of course, by then Apple may have come out with the iPhone 5s or the iPhone 6 with NFC technology, thus making a case/wallet obsolete. Well, I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

darrinaltman
Jan 22, 2013, 11:43 AM

Thanks for that info. I wasn't trying to say that this product was risky, just pointing out that some products that appear on Kickstarter never see the day of light and the company disappears. I too think this case is from a reliable company and also pledged money for a case.

Dino F
Jan 22, 2013, 02:52 PM
Thanks, PieMac! That actually makes me feel a little better. My wife and I pledged $39 each for a silver and a blue case, so I'm really hoping the process goes smoothly. I've never purchased anything from Kickstarter before, but I must say that I do like the concept!

Meanwhile, I can't wait to come back here in a few months and tell everyone how cool my new SAFE Wallet Case is! Of course, by then Apple may have come out with the iPhone 5s or the iPhone 6 with NFC technology, thus making a case/wallet obsolete. Well, I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Also just took the plunge and pledged $54 ($39 + extra $15 for outside U.S. delivery) for the Stealth Black one :) Can't wait - shame it won't ship til April though!!!

bluesboy77
Jan 22, 2013, 07:03 PM
I received my Atelier Pall leather wallet duo today, it's a very nice sleeve/wallet combo. I'm looking forward to putting thru some everyday use over the next week or so. The phone fits snug at this point but I'm sure it will loosen up a bit after some regular use.

Smileyboy
Jan 23, 2013, 09:19 AM
Anyone have the Atelier Pall leather wallet duo bumper version? Thought about getting that option for slim cases

Zulmbbs
Jan 23, 2013, 10:54 AM
Hello everyone
Anyone here has some idea on which pouch suit best iphone 5 with sector 5 bumper case

meistervu
Jan 23, 2013, 12:55 PM
I received my Atelier Pall leather wallet duo today, it's a very nice sleeve/wallet combo. I'm looking forward to putting thru some everyday use over the next week or so. The phone fits snug at this point but I'm sure it will loosen up a bit after some regular use.

Instead of waiting for it to conform to your phone, you can do it yourself in a minute. Notice how the edge of the pouch tappers where as the phone is square. All you have to do is put the phone in the pouch (no card or cash) and squeeze the side and the top at the same time to shape the pouch to the shape of the phone. Your goal is to make the pouch squarer at the edge.

I did that to mine and in about 30 seconds I got the perfect fit.

bluesboy77
Jan 23, 2013, 08:13 PM
Instead of waiting for it to conform to your phone, you can do it yourself in a minute. Notice how the edge of the pouch tappers where as the phone is square. All you have to do is put the phone in the pouch (no card or cash) and squeeze the side and the top at the same time to shape the pouch to the shape of the phone. Your goal is to make the pouch squarer at the edge.

I did that to mine and in about 30 seconds I got the perfect fit.

I did that off and on today while sitting in meetings, the phone slides in and out nicely now. I'm loving this sleeve.

Giuly
Jan 24, 2013, 01:56 AM
Did anyone have a chance to give the elago S5 Genuine Leather Limited Edition (http://amzn.to/WOD3MM) a try?
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51rwR9mzKnL.jpg
It looks even nicer than the regular elago S5 flip (http://amzn.to/TpEzIF).
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/410PivfqdbL._SL600_.jpg

cambookpro
Jan 27, 2013, 02:39 PM
Anyone got any pouches similar to the Spigen Crumena? I really liked it but the leather is starting to peel apart at the latch, and altough it's genuine, I bought it through eBay so it's not covered under their warranty :(

kitkat2
Jan 28, 2013, 08:14 PM
I just wanted a dirt simple sleeve to use on the odd occasions I want to toss my phone in a bag or something. Normally I won't use a case at all carrying the bare phone in my pocket or simply leaving it sitting out on my desk or coffee table.

Anyway this just arrived (http://www.etsy.com/listing/121949772/iphone-or-ipod-sleeve-simple-and-modern?), a nice felt sleeve I found on Etsy. I choose the same dark gray color as in those photos and it looks just like them except the stitching looks a bit less high contrast in real life. It's nice looking and feels well made. I got the iPhone 5 version and it fits perfectly. The phone goes in and out easily, yet with the elastic not in place it won't slide out unless I shake it vigorously. I just wanted the elastic for the added peace of mind, and thought it may also prove useful from time to time to tuck my earphones into when I forget their case.

So if you just need something basic this is a nice little sleeve.

Edit - I should add that that seller has a lot of nice looking wallet designs, some all felt and some felt and leather, including at least one that looks Hard Graft inspired. Their shop is worth poking around in.

fdxgnd
Jan 28, 2013, 08:31 PM
Here's my Portel pouch. Ordered off Etsy. It's perfect in every way.

cambookpro
Jan 29, 2013, 12:55 PM
Anyone got any opinions on the Sena Corsa?

Adutrumque
Jan 29, 2013, 01:52 PM
Anyone got any opinions on the Sena Corsa?

Tbh I think it's quite ugly with the red strap.

Hello everyone
Anyone here has some idea on which pouch suit best iphone 5 with sector 5 bumper case

You're not satisfied with the transit zipper case it came with?

rkdiddy
Jan 30, 2013, 05:55 PM
For those considering a Hard Graft product, I posted a mini review of their iPhone 5 Card Case over here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1534703 . I added a handful of pictures.

Cheers!

yourtoys7
Jan 31, 2013, 08:26 AM
After 7 weeks wait received my 'Pall Atelier 1955' WOW, I love the leather and stiching, amazing work.
While the case is amazing, I just can't fit everything i need, I tried :(, So I'll have to let it go, if anyone want it, 50. plus shipping to where ever you are, I'm in Canada, ON., email me yourtoys7 at gmail.com

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z388/mmike189/IMG_0498_zps29bf2ae1.jpg

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z388/mmike189/IMG_0499_zps529b8921.jpg

Dino F
Jan 31, 2013, 08:50 AM
After 7 weeks wait received my 'Pall Atelier 1955' WOW, I love the leather and stiching, amazing work.
While the case is amazing, I just can't fit everything i need, I tried :(, So I'll have to let it go, if anyone want it, 50. plus shipping to where ever you are, I'm in Canada, ON., email me yourtoys7 at gmail.com

Image (http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z388/mmike189/IMG_0498_zps29bf2ae1.jpg)

Image (http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z388/mmike189/IMG_0499_zps529b8921.jpg)

....that looks like the 'Duo' version (which has flaps on both sides) - what do you mean by 'can't fit it all in'..?!? What exactly can't you fit into it..?!

yourtoys7
Jan 31, 2013, 08:59 AM
yes its the duo, I though I could carry less cards and cash, but I'm constanly looking for other cards, like costco, gas etc. Its just not for me, but I love the leather so I'll be getting plain book like wallet from him, 7-8 cards + cash in the middle when folded.

Adutrumque
Jan 31, 2013, 09:00 AM
This is something new from TwelveSouth. Looks VERY interesting.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=16759710#post16759710

PieMac
Jan 31, 2013, 09:58 AM
This is something new from TwelveSouth. Looks VERY interesting.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=16759710#post16759710

I thought so too...if you want to go the minimalist route and keep your wallet, it's ideal. Just wondering if the front cover will fold back behind out of the way or if you have to always have to hold it like a book-it doesn't really say in the description or indicate in the photos.

I own and have been using the Hard Graft Skinny iPhone case for the last couple of months and love it...amazing quality and craftsmanship. For images and more info, check out my post in a different thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=16734478&postcount=33

yourtoys7
Jan 31, 2013, 10:20 AM
I came to realization that I only want a case, while you get good protection in a wallet, just doesn't work for me. I like to carry cash and often used cards, just to many of them.
For some on the minimal side is awesome.

meistervu
Jan 31, 2013, 11:44 AM
I came to realization that I only want a case, while you get good protection in a wallet, just doesn't work for me. I like to carry cash and often used cards, just to many of them.
For some on the minimal side is awesome.

Yes, a wallet case is not for everyone. Many don't accomodate cash at all or easily. I bought a SmartFlex Card case and it sat in my drawer now because I found out after 2 weeks that I need cash fairly often (plus it's cumbersome to always have the cards with you in a case while you are at home).

I did however find a happy medium. I bought a Atelier Pall Duo which can accommodate 3-5 cards and cash. It's quite a minimum wallet the way I use it with 3 cards and several bills. I don't miss having a separate wallet at all, and the size of the combination is smaller than a traditional wallet I used to carried with all the cards and receipts. One thing that I like about this wallet case is that you don't have to go through the hoop to put cash in it, so it feels more like a normal wallet.

I did have to change my way of doing things though. I don't carry cards that I rarely use, and I don't keep receipts in my wallet. It makes sense to me: if I were to carry with me everything I may need, I would need a duffel bag.

bluesboy77
Jan 31, 2013, 07:49 PM
I also have a Atelier Pall Duo and I love it. I'm slowly weening myself off carrying a regular wallet. I really only use 3-4 cards and cash, I don't need that big wallet in my back pocket. The Duo works great for me.

viewfly
Feb 2, 2013, 04:56 AM
I also have a Atelier Pall Duo and I love it. I'm slowly weening myself off carrying a regular wallet. I really only use 3-4 cards and cash, I don't need that big wallet in my back pocket. The Duo works great for me.

These are nice wallet cases. But I can't ween my cards down to 3-4 plus cash.

Drivers license
Subway card
Insurance card
Meds card
Debut ATM card
2 credit cards
Hospital card
A few business cards
$100 in 20's ( but I normally use money clip)

I keep my phone locked with a pin (required by work email). So I want med and insurance cards available in case I am unconscious. So scanning some into the phone won't work.

Also not so keen having others see my cards while I'm talking on the phone.

Otherwise it's a neat idea. Maybe perfect for a day off fishing or on the beach

bluesboy77
Feb 2, 2013, 10:22 PM
I'm carrying 6 cards and $100 in 20's in the Duo now with no problem. I think I could squeeze one more card in if I really needed to.

Macgeek1
Feb 4, 2013, 09:45 PM
I've got this sleeve.
http://theleathershop.com/wallet/iphone-sleeve-brown.html/

will add images later!

Adutrumque
Feb 10, 2013, 01:26 PM
List updated!

Cheers. ;)

cambookpro
Feb 10, 2013, 03:44 PM
Just ordered a Beyzacases Retro Strap plus to replace my Spigen Crumena. Can't wait!

miniguu
Feb 11, 2013, 02:02 AM
Anyone have/considered Oberon Design? http://oberondesign.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=phone

I'm about to pull the trigger on a smartphone sleeve from them, but it's a multipurpose size..so an iphone would probably be loose fit in there.

klikekyle
Feb 14, 2013, 12:20 AM
Just got my new sleeve in from Joli Originals. LOVE this! Quality is amazing. Since I have a black iPhone5 this just adds to the whole package. Seriously, TOP notch black leather and a soft black felt inside to keep my iPhone5 safe. I hate cases because Apple products are beautiful as they are. This is and will be my only "case". They are handmade in Holland. Owner is awesome and packaging is nice too. Check them out.

S.L.
Feb 14, 2013, 02:00 AM
Decided to go naked from now on (with a full body invisible skin) and use a Burberry sleeve, got it from Burberry.com. Goes well with my Burberry wallet which I got from Bloomingdales two winters ago.

amazingamy
Feb 26, 2013, 02:50 PM
There are probably no sleek wallet cases that can fit the iphone with a bumper on right? :(

lcastillo1475
Feb 26, 2013, 04:25 PM
There are probably no sleek wallet cases that can fit the iphone with a bumper on right? :(

Not for those who don't want to read thru the thread

jayrflow
Feb 27, 2013, 01:09 AM
I got the Marware Stash case from amazon. I wanted to love it but it interferes with my plastic screen protector. I have to see if I will use it daily once I get my glass screen protector. If it interferes, it's a no go for me

Adutrumque
Feb 27, 2013, 04:06 AM
I'm really, really pleased with my SurfacePad. I recommended it strongly.

Antgb84
Mar 9, 2013, 10:22 AM
After contemplating doing tons of research looking at Sena, SPG and on I went with cheapest one of all LOL Snugg Distressed Brown. Purely of its simplicity, looks and its customer service is solid.

----------

I'm really, really pleased with my SurfacePad. I recommended it strongly.

I looked at that too but for some reason it just doesn't cover enough surface to protect the iPhone I've got back and front screen protectors.
What colour have you got?

----------

Here's my Portel pouch. Ordered off Etsy. It's perfect in every way.

Looking stellar, vintage brown is absolutely classic. How much was it?

johns019
Mar 10, 2013, 10:51 AM
I've been disappointed with all the wallet cases - I now have mine in a Saddleback Leather Passport Wallet. I can fit all I want into it as well as the phone. Still bulky, but I carry my wallet in my front pocket (advised to do so by my chiropractor). At least I only have to fit one item into my pocket.

jayrflow
Mar 10, 2013, 06:07 PM
So the Marware Stash was a no go for me. It lifted my glass screen protector. Luckily I was able to press it down again to reattach it. So I ended up getting the BookBook by Twelve South. I love it. Only think that irks me is it won't stay closed. I also looked at The Little Pocket Book by Pad and Quill. I like how it has a strap on it to keep it closed. I might try to find a way to get my girlfriend to sow something similar to that on my bookbook to keep it closed. What do you guys think I should use to keep it closed?

amazingamy
Mar 14, 2013, 01:52 PM
Not for those who don't want to read thru the thread

I browsed through the thread already. I didnt see any pictures of an iphone with bumper case that fits IN a WALLET case!
sleeves yes, I can find some that fits.
But I have no way of knowing if my iphone w/ a bumper will fit in wallet cases just from pictures.
I ordered a wallet case but it is way too tight to fit a bumper in there too..

SoLongAndroid
Mar 14, 2013, 11:58 PM
I can't for the life of me find what thread it was posted in or what the name of it was and if it was even on this site.

There was a leather flip case that used a sticky adhesive but the difference is that it was reversed compared to most wallet style cases. The phone was on the left panel and it opened left to right.

It was a veggie leather meaning it looked yellow/natural with no stain. Someone posted pictures but I can't find it, any help would be great.

PieMac
Mar 15, 2013, 08:23 AM
I can't for the life of me find what thread it was posted in or what the name of it was and if it was even on this site.

There was a leather flip case that used a sticky adhesive but the difference is that it was reversed compared to most wallet style cases. The phone was on the left panel and it opened left to right.

It was a veggie leather meaning it looked yellow/natural with no stain. Someone posted pictures but I can't find it, any help would be great.

I think it's a Castello Davarg Kanam5 case that you are describing:

http://davarg.com/collections/cases-for-iphone-5

SoLongAndroid
Mar 15, 2013, 04:30 PM
I think it's a Castello Davarg Kanam5 case that you are describing:

http://davarg.com/collections/cases-for-iphone-5

That is exactly what I was talking about thank you. The moment I saw the 5 at the end of name I knew it was right, I just couldn't remember the letters before the 5. Again thanks.

PieMac
Mar 16, 2013, 09:43 AM
That is exactly what I was talking about thank you. The moment I saw the 5 at the end of name I knew it was right, I just couldn't remember the letters before the 5. Again thanks.

Glad to be of some help! :)