Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lovedakota

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2011
So, I love my iPhone 5 but my text alerts aren't always working. My iPhone will just be sitting here and i'll look down and see that I have a few text messages that never made any sound. Does anyone else have this problem?

bradbrad1016

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2012
South Carolina
Yep, same problem, though I'm on an iPhone 4S. I've had multiple calls that haven't been alerted. It just shows up after the fact as a missed call and voicemail. Seems to me to be an iOS 6 problem. The "Sounds" settings in iOS 6 are confusing this go around, at least to me. Hopefully a fix will be issued soon.

lovedakota

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2011
Yeah, I'm hoping for an update to fix this very soon! It really stinks to not get an alert when your having a conversation and not realize you got a reply until 30 min later :eek:

tlevier

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
Littleton, CO
I think this is a bug. I can't control my Ringtone Volume unless it's done through the Music App. My ringtone sounds, lock sounds, message sounds are tied to Music Volume and not Ringtone volume.

NedBookPro

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2011
I thought I was imagining this...

But yes, I have the same problem.

Random issues with sound.

Another to add to the list of fsck-ups in IOS6.

If only we could roll back.
iOS6 upgrade was the biggest mistake I've made since owning my first iPhone.
Next time I'm going to wait.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.