Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sk3pt1c

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
a simulacrum
- first of all, i'd say have less posts per page, i don't think anyone likes to scroll for ages to get to the bottom and also you might have some cool stuff in your footer that i'd never see

- i'm guessing your approach is to get lots of views and make money from the ads on your site, which is where the specific theme comes in but i'd suggest a different theme, something more eye-catching and "hip", it'd be best to have return visitors so you can build an audience and have more traffic, no? right now, it seems very plain and "empty".

- add some interactivity, maybe a dropdown menu, a slideshow here and there, more pics in your posts presented with a nice slider? there are tons of free plugins for wordpress to help you with that

- make sure your theme is responsive, you're blogging about ipads and iphones, you should make it a point that your site looks great on those devices

i wish you the best of luck, hope it turns out great! :)

TouchArchive

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
IL
- first of all, i'd say have less posts per page, i don't think anyone likes to scroll for ages to get to the bottom and also you might have some cool stuff in your footer that i'd never see

- i'm guessing your approach is to get lots of views and make money from the ads on your site, which is where the specific theme comes in but i'd suggest a different theme, something more eye-catching and "hip", it'd be best to have return visitors so you can build an audience and have more traffic, no? right now, it seems very plain and "empty".

- add some interactivity, maybe a dropdown menu, a slideshow here and there, more pics in your posts presented with a nice slider? there are tons of free plugins for wordpress to help you with that

- make sure your theme is responsive, you're blogging about ipads and iphones, you should make it a point that your site looks great on those devices

i wish you the best of luck, hope it turns out great! :)

Thank you very much for the help.Got this point of the review

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.