PDA

View Full Version : Help Installing Xcode

loon3y
Sep 24, 2012, 04:19 PM
im installing Xcode for another colleague, and do we need to install the certificates manually? or is it automated now?

and if so, only the developer certificate is needed? because i rather just download that certificate and add it to the keychain, rather than requesting the certificate through keychains manually.

because a few options and things changed and its confusing me.

ArtOfWarfare
Sep 24, 2012, 09:40 PM
I think the process is mostly automated these days, is it not?

Download Xcode from the app store, set up your account on ADC/iTunes Connect, then plug in the device you'd like to deploy to and it should automatically download all the files you need and ask for your ADC password as needed. Maybe it was just that straightforward for me because I was renewing an old account and registering a new iOS device...

jnoxx
Sep 25, 2012, 12:23 AM
Depends, will he have his own signing files or will he use yours? If he will use yours, you can export yours from your keychain as P12 (cert+key), and just drag and install it on the other machine, he will then be able to build.
If you want to have his own, he needs to be on your portal and need to go through the setup, I still do it manually, but apparently in Organizer you can do it automagically :)