Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I was surprised a search didn't pull up anything with those key words. Google pretty much only pulls up videos and a few pages not found. There was one yahoo answers page that came up but I wanted a more professional opinion from the users here. I finally got my Bamboo tablet back from my ex who lives in CA and I've already started on a project I was originally going to do on the iPad.

My question is, what is the best way to go about creating one of those time lapsed speed painting videos? Rarely if ever do I finish a drawing in one setting. Since I haven't had my tablet until now, I haven't really played around with Sketchbook Pro on my desktop at all so I don't know of any built in features that would accomplish this. What programs do you use to record? Is there a built in feature in OS X Mountain Lion that can record? I have both iMovie and Final Cut X to edit clips with.

Would love to get some feedback from the creative side of Macrumors. I'm tired of reading all the iPhone threads. :rolleyes:

***Edit*** finally came across an article that mentions using quicktime to record. I have plenty of room on my hard drive to save these videos, but I would like it if I could save them directly to my external drive that is connected via Firewire 800. Does anyone think this will cause too much of a performance drop/choppiness that it would become difficult to draw normally? I'm using the mini that's in my sig (i5 2.5GHz).

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.