PDA

View Full Version : Compatible internet radios?

CreationArt
Sep 24, 2012, 07:33 PM
I'm obsessed with Pandora, and with this PPC I can't use it! What are some decent alternatives for us PPC users?
I'm running 10.4.11, with 512mb of ram, soon to be 1.5Gb.

Help!

Intell
Sep 24, 2012, 07:35 PM
iTunes has some decent radio stations.

CreationArt
Sep 24, 2012, 08:14 PM
To show you how far out of any apple products I was, I didn't even know iTunes had stations.. Only podcasts.

eyoungren
Sep 24, 2012, 09:59 PM
I'm obsessed with Pandora, and with this PPC I can't use it! What are some decent alternatives for us PPC users?
I'm running 10.4.11, with 512mb of ram, soon to be 1.5Gb.

Help!
I don't understand. You can run Pandora in any browser. Unless that has changed?

Then there's PandoraMan and PandoraBoy, both standalone apps that stream Pandora. Then you have PandoraJam, which is a paid app but allows you to record Pandora streams and save them. You can even export those saved streams to iTunes if you want.

As far as iTunes goes, I am a big fan of SomaFM. SomaFM streams a lot of different, but quality internet radio stations. I'm partial to ambient so I tend to stream DroneZone a lot. SomaFM even has an iOS app.

CreationArt
Sep 25, 2012, 10:21 AM
Well, I got pandora to work. But I ran across another problem. It sounds like the music is playing from underwater, through a garbage disposal and into the computer to my headphones. Mactube runs super laggy, and its just a mess. I'm hoping the extra ram will help. Is that the case? Or is it something else?