PDA

View Full Version : iPulse

Macette
Nov 19, 2002, 12:21 AM
Http://www.iconfactory.com/ip_home.asp

it's way cool. just download it and see. it's pretty & it's functional - the combination us macheads like the most...

macphisto
Nov 19, 2002, 12:38 AM
Looks cool. I will download it and play with it tomorrow.

:D

mac15
Nov 19, 2002, 02:36 AM
not bad, it takes a while to get used to, its bit confusing, but Its great if you can understand it

beatle888
Nov 19, 2002, 05:45 AM
it took me about an hour but now im running
it with NO numbers and NO tick marks with
everything on and updating on the fly.

its awesome.....i just like to keep an eye
on things :) and this shows every key stroke.
ok ok i know its not necessary but still its cool.

i just have a bunch of colored rings on my
screen updating me on CPU, memory,
page in and outs, disk usage, network usage...
damn and i can tell all this by just colored
rings on my screen. its great.

FattyMembrane
Nov 19, 2002, 11:42 AM
i've never quite understood the popularity of all of these "load monitor/system stat/clock/etc." apps. if my computer starts to slow down, i can assume that it's doing a lot of work (although the fact that i have 10 apps open should be some indication as well). i have a clock in the menubar and the finder tells me how much space on each disk is used. they all seem to be novelty items (not that novelty items are bad at all, we have the best damn novelty apps ever created on the mac, and i'm proud of it). hopefully konfabulator will bring an end to this mess and give us usefull good looking desktop clutter.

tliptak
Nov 20, 2002, 05:55 PM
It's weird. Really Weird.

insidedanshead
Nov 24, 2002, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by FattyMembrane
hopefully konfabulator will bring an end to this mess and give us usefull good looking desktop clutter.

BETA IN TWO WEEKS!

I hope its a public beta... probably not. :(

BenderBot1138
Nov 24, 2002, 07:30 PM
Wow, I fired it up, and a bright flash, and every Wind*ws machine within a half-mile radius was hit with a huge ElecroMagnetic Surge!!! ;)

Truthfully I'm just downloading it now. I noted Fattymembrane commented about the desktop clutter, and I tend to like things in my menu bar and dock. I love being able to set my terminal window transparency, so I'm hoping to see something like that (with size adjustment) and whether or not it can be MBarred or Docked.

I would really be very interested to see what our MacRumors Administrators, "gods", "demigods", and other very experienced powerusers of Apple Computers think about running stuff like this and these little programs' effects on performance; While I like some of these programs, a decisive and knowlegable opinion on them here would be awesome.

:cool:

Mr. Anderson
Nov 26, 2002, 02:05 PM
very nice little app - no problem reading it - it seems intuitive enough as long as you know what each ring is.

Don't know if I like it enough to pay for it though, so if it starts getting annoy with the buy me now messages, I'll probably trash it.

D

mnkeybsness
Nov 26, 2002, 11:35 PM
i find these types of apps very pointless

cb911
Dec 4, 2002, 05:58 PM
that looks pretty complicated... i might have to try this for awhile to see if i can get the hang of it.:)