Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheKricket

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
Hello All,

I'm just wondering if there was a way to disable the vibration feature on the alarm clock (without removing it from the phone whilst ringing).

I love the fact that I can now choose a song to wake up to - but REALLY dislike that the phone vibrates while it plays the song (I'm one of those people that likes a song faded into when I'm waking up - I don't like getting jarred awake by the annoying sound of my phone vibrating on my night stand)...

Any ideas? Comments? Suggestions?

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
There are two vibrate settings: vibrate on ring and vibrate on silent. If you're willing to turn the second one off, and have your phone on silent, you can get the behavior you want. The alarm will sound (even though phone is set to silent), but no vibrate.

Otherwise, I'd check into a 3rd party alarm app.

Regards,
Tom

TheKricket

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
There are two vibrate settings: vibrate on ring and vibrate on silent. If you're willing to turn the second one off, and have your phone on silent, you can get the behavior you want. The alarm will sound (even though phone is set to silent), but no vibrate.

Otherwise, I'd check into a 3rd party alarm app.

Regards,
Tom

Ahh - thanks for the response - that's what I was afraid of.

I actually used only third party alarm apps until they each became unreliable in their own ways. The iOS alarm app is definitely the most reliable that I've tried - however, it's limited in features.

Thanks!

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
The vibration for the alarm bothers me too. I don't sleep with my phone so it's not like vibrating will help me wake up any better.

galenmd

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2008
How useless is it to wake to a song if it vibrates constantly? It seems to defeat the whole purpose. I still need vibrate on silent and vibrate on ring, so turning them on and off is just too much of a pain for this feature. I will stick with Alarm Clock Pro until Apple fixes this.

sulanof

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2012
Disabled vibrate for notifications for phone and vibration was finally gone from alarm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.