Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattdchambers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2012
Just updated my 4S to iOS6 and went to use my directions in the car and there was no voice. Phone volume was up, everything seemed fine, but it didn't say anything. And it didn't change directions as I drove....

Is this the normal broken maps or extra broken maps?

FamiliaPhoto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
Forgive the stupid question but are you sure you told it to start the route?

----------

Oh, you could also check to make sure voice is turned on in settings under maps.

mattdchambers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2012
Forgive the stupid question but are you sure you told it to start the route?

----------

Oh, you could also check to make sure voice is turned on in settings under maps.

I changed the voice midway from normal to loud just to make sure, still didn't work. And yea I told it to start.

Just tried once again, different area, different address. Same silence.

EDIT: Did some further digging, seems on 4S you cannot have Wifi or bluetooth on and have the maps work correctly. Just turned them off and it worked perfectly...

Last edited:

Ripcord

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2003
EDIT: Did some further digging, seems on 4S you cannot have Wifi or bluetooth on and have the maps work correctly. Just turned them off and it worked perfectly...

Where did you see that? I have wifi and Bluetooth on my 4s all the time and get the voice (whether its going to a bluetooth output or not). Was the sound going to a Bluetooth device and you weren't aware?

mattdchambers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2012
Where did you see that? I have wifi and Bluetooth on my 4s all the time and get the voice (whether its going to a bluetooth output or not). Was the sound going to a Bluetooth device and you weren't aware?

Saw it on an Apple support forum. Apparently others have had the same issue and solved it that way, but some people don't have any problems.

And I don't have any bluetooth devices so unless it was picking up one in another car....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.