Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Torvanyr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2010
Hi folks,

I love my iMac to bits, but am finding myself in need of more power for some of the most recent games. Consequently, I've begun researching the purchase of a dedicated Windows PC exclusively for gaming.

The caveat is that due to a physical disability I find that using a combination of the Mac bluetooth keyboard and Magic Trackpad to be the most effective way to operate a computer... or more specifically, using a traditional mouse and non-chicklet keyboard becomes very tiring and difficult for me very quickly.

As such, I'm looking for help and advice answering the following questions:

1. What do I need to get for my future gaming PC to allow bluetooth peripherals to connect to it? Specific hardware suggestions are certainly welcome if someone has a favorite.

2. What is involved in installing the Mac Bluetooth keyboard on a native Windows machine so that it works just as well as if I were connecting to a Mac under Bootcamp?

3. What is involved in installing the Mac Magic Trackpad on a native Windows machine so that it works just as well as if I were connecting to a Mac under Bootcamp? The only information I've been able to find are articles involving manually extracting drivers and renaming files... but I have no idea if this is the most up-to-date way to do this and/or if it's reliable.

Advice, anecdotes, purchasing suggestions are all appreciated. Please keep in mind that the form factor/design of these Apple peripherals are the reason I need to use them, so suggesting alternate keyboards/mice isn't necessarily going to help - but I'm still happy to read your views!

Thanks in advance!

GoSooners

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2011
I can't help you with the trackpad but have you considered the Logitech so,ar keyboard which is very similar to the Apple chiclet keyboard?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.