Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nsheikh80

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 2, 2005
London, England
One of the things I miss most from my Windows laptop days is the convenience of a docking station/port replicator for my Powerbook.

I always use my Powerbook in clamshell mode whever I am at home but I don't like having to disconnect and connect 5 cables everytime I move around.

Would you buy a Powerbook dock/port replicator? Why do you think there isn't one?

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
There is a company (there may be others) that sells docking stations for Powermacs. The product is called BookEndz and they sell a number of different types. But judging this example link they are butt ugly and expensive ($265!!!)

dmied

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2005
Bookendz recommendation

Bookendz is the only company I know of that makes docking stations for Mac laqtops. I have one of their stations for my ibook and never had any problems with it. From the link, it looks like the latest port arrangement on the Powerbook gave the company some headaches. At least the station will also give you a slight upward slope on your powerbook.
In other words, I strongly recommend the company based on my personal experience with them. I don't know about the Powerbook docking station in particular.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.