Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dwynnejr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
I am having the same problem. It's very strange.

My ipad 2 will stream videos purchased from Itunes to the apple tv just fine.

However, when we try to use my wife's Ipad2, only the sound comes up.

Both apple tv and her ipad are fully update and have been restarted. it's bizarre. Any suggestions?

DiamondMac

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2006
Washington, D.C.
I am having the same problem. It's very strange.

My ipad 2 will stream videos purchased from Itunes to the apple tv just fine.

However, when we try to use my wife's Ipad2, only the sound comes up.

Both apple tv and her ipad are fully update and have been restarted. it's bizarre. Any suggestions?

Try restoring your wife's iPad.

I did this to my mother's iPad and that is when it worked.

AdamA9

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2010
I've found since the 5.1 update I can only stream MP4. This is from CineXPlayer. Any other format and it just comes through as sound. Seems Apple have stopped other formats being played.

dwynnejr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
I've found since the 5.1 update I can only stream MP4. This is from CineXPlayer. Any other format and it just comes through as sound. Seems Apple have stopped other formats being played.

This is a video (homeland) downloaded from Itunes.

salohcin

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2008
This is a video (homeland) downloaded from Itunes.

Do you and your wife use the same iTunes account? Is the iTunes account used to purchase the video the same one that the Apple TV is setup to use home sharing with?

dwynnejr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
Do you and your wife use the same iTunes account? Is the iTunes account used to purchase the video the same one that the Apple TV is setup to use home sharing with?

My wife and i do not use the same apple account. I wish we did, but i can't figure out how to make that work well.

I'm pretty sure the tv is set up for sharing with my account though.

I will say, hers was working with the apple tv until suddenly one week ago this happened.

salohcin

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2008
My wife and i do not use the same apple account. I wish we did, but i can't figure out how to make that work well.

I'm pretty sure the tv is set up for sharing with my account though.

I will say, hers was working with the apple tv until suddenly one week ago this happened.

Hmmm, very strange. The reason I ask is because the only thing I can think of is that the Apple TV is getting confused with more than one account. I believe the new software update to the Apple TV adds the ability to switch between accounts quickly. Maybe it has something to do with that?

Good luck with it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.