Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arara

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
after years of taking good care of this thing, now it's giving me problems. a few weeks ago, one day i noticed the touch screen would stop responding on and off, until eventually later that day it stopped responding all together. i tried restarting it using the home and power button method, i even tried restoring it. it is on 4.2.1, and it was jailbroken but now that i have restored it, it is not. now, i can only stare at the lock screen. not really worth getting repaired, could i open this thing up and maybe a wire came loose, something of that nature?

Levendis

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2007
Hi,

I have a 2G as well, I had a similar problem but the home & power button worked for me... Not worth trying to open up, unless you have the proper tools and patience.
Maybe it's time to getting a new one.

after years of taking good care of this thing, now it's giving me problems. a few weeks ago, one day i noticed the touch screen would stop responding on and off, until eventually later that day it stopped responding all together. i tried restarting it using the home and power button method, i even tried restoring it. it is on 4.2.1, and it was jailbroken but now that i have restored it, it is not. now, i can only stare at the lock screen. not really worth getting repaired, could i open this thing up and maybe a wire came loose, something of that nature?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.