Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RonArt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2010
Southern California
I'm running OS X 10.8.2 with QuickTime 10.2 and can't get the screen recordings to record audio.

I've tried all of the settings in System Preferences > Sound for both Output and Input and even have Soundlflower installed and have chosen those as options also, but I can't get the audio to record. Or that is... no matter what settings I use for Input... it ONLY records from my 27" iMac's internal microphone.

So... while recording the video that's playing on screen if I talk (to test it) the audio recording of my talking is fine... but no setting will allow me to record what the audio on the video is.

This didn't just begin in 10.8.2... I'm just finally getting around to posting about it because I'd like to occasionally record videos on the screen.

The videos record without a problem.

If I select Soundflower (16c) for the Input then the Sound preference pane displays the sound on the video is being recognized by the system (i.e. the Input level shows the bar changing from the audio in the video). But when I play the QT file back... no sound.

Any advice?

bubokribuck

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2012
I have the same problem. Sometimes I want to record a livestreaming video off the internet and QuickTime only records the video with no sound. If QuickTime doesn't have the option, are there other programmes/applications/softwares that support such function (i.e. record both the video AND the audio that's going on on the screen)?

RonArt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2010
Southern California
Voila! also will record the audio

Though I still haven't been able to find any way to record audio of streaming videos via QuickTime (in OS X 10.8.2)... I've found that the app "Voila!" will record the audio.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.