PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! with 2005 fpw and 12" powerbook

davidcb13
Aug 24, 2005, 03:59 PM
I just got my new Dell 2005 fpw monitor and Im trying to hook it up to my also new 12" powerbook... But I cant. I have everything connected the DVI cable adapter, the usb cable,and the power. But the picture on my external display is black. If I turn the monitor off and then back on it will display the image the Powerbook is displaying for a brief seceond but it quickly goes blank again. Can anyone help me out here?

I want to be able to close the Powerbook and have the image displayed on the external display...

*I do have an external keybaord and mouse hooked up to the PB

GilGrissom
Aug 24, 2005, 04:45 PM
I just got my new Dell 2005 fpw monitor and Im trying to hook it up to my also new 12" powerbook... But I cant. I have everything connected the DVI cable adapter, the usb cable,and the power. But the picture on my external display is black. If I turn the monitor off and then back on it will display the image the Powerbook is displaying for a brief seceond but it quickly goes blank again. Can anyone help me out here?

I want to be able to close the Powerbook and have the image displayed on the external display...

*I do have an external keybaord and mouse hooked up to the PB
Is your PB screen open and working normally?

Try pushing the F7 button on your PB own keyboard.

Hope this helps.