PDA

View Full Version : DP8 Released

DPUser
Sep 27, 2012, 05:34 AM
Now Shipping, my favorite DAW's latest version - 64 bit and now it is both Mac and (soon to ship) Windows compatible.

spoonie1972
Sep 27, 2012, 09:50 AM
Now Shipping, my favorite DAW's latest version - 64 bit and now it is both Mac and (soon to ship) Windows compatible.

Do they have a free demo version available? I'm becoming less and less enamoured by Logic's "prosumer" crap being added in version after version...and we still don't have something similar to "chunks".

fastlanephil
Sep 27, 2012, 06:16 PM
Do they have a free demo version available? I'm becoming less and less enamoured by Logic's "prosumer" crap being added in version after version...and we still don't have something similar to "chunks".

I don't believe there is a demo for DP8. It ships in a box with either a paper or PDF manual-not sure .

DPUser
Sep 29, 2012, 09:11 PM
Pretty sure there is no demo but there is a crossgrade discount. DP8 reportedly ships with the traditional brick (hard copy) and (for the first time) PDF manuals. Mine is ordered, but yet to arrive. Early reports on MOTUNation.com are very positive.

fastlanephil
Sep 29, 2012, 09:44 PM
I've also read those MOTUNation posts.

It's pretty tempting to upgrade from DP6 which doesn't work with Lion. I also use Metro 6 which works well for me on the MIDI side for composing.

I thought I'd wait for Logic 10 and see what Apple comes up with. Both Logic and the upgrade to DP8 cost $199.

You better hurry up Apple! Christmas is just around the corner.