PDA

View Full Version : Annotating app for scanned documents

drine
Sep 27, 2012, 06:23 AM
Hi all,
I am looking for the perfect app for iPad; in the next few months, I'll have to read a lot of documents (PDF mostly), and I need to highlight and annotate them all.
I have been comparing different apps (on this forum, on alternativeto.net, and in the Store) and came up with one that seemed perfect (GoodReader); however, now I bought it, I discovered it doesn't do what I need most - that is, highlight stuff in scanned PDF documents. Apparently the app reads them as images, and it doesn't allow to highlight anything in images - and drawing lines takes a lot of time (opening a menu for each individual line, then drawing it, making it shorter or smaller and moving it).
Does anyone know of an app that makes it easier for me to highlight / draw lines in scanned documents?

drine
Sep 27, 2012, 07:13 AM
Found it - it was on my iPad all along... apparently, Acrobat Reader doesn't only allow you to read PDFs, but also to annotate and "free-hand" underline things. Exactly what I needed! And it's free...

jokerz126
Sep 27, 2012, 09:24 AM
PDF Expert blows that out of the water in my opinion...a newer one called PDF Max looks promising if you have iphone+ipad because it has an icloud syncing feature to keep your pdfs in sync across devices!

zunex
Sep 28, 2012, 12:57 AM
PDF Expert blows that out of the water in my opinion...a newer one called PDF Max looks promising if you have iphone+ipad because it has an icloud syncing feature to keep your pdfs in sync across devices!

Yep, I think PDF Max has potential too. I used Adobe's before but recently switched to PDF Max. While both are free to download, and I found that PDF Max speed is better than Adobe Reader, plus the free version of PDF Max offers bunch of tool which suit with my basic need.

I haven't try PDF Expert but I'm kinda dislike its toolbar.