Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kalexn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Texas
There are quit a few and I really have no idea which one is the best. Any input? I have a Speck Candyshell and I want a screen protector to cover what the case obviously does not cover.

Thanks! :D

brokenbuyer

macrumors regular
May 7, 2011
I have the back/sides. Just ordered the Pure.
Waiting for my phone now :)

Will post up photos once I install.

Last edited:

Opie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2008
I just installed the full body ultra tough and am disappointed In the quality. The gel they provide is a pain to use. I miss the spray bottle days. I will be taking it off when the real glass one comes in.

dieburnbot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
CA
I just installed the full body ultra tough and am disappointed In the quality. The gel they provide is a pain to use. I miss the spray bottle days. I will be taking it off when the real glass one comes in.

I hear you. I put the back one on and it destroys the feel of the device. I wish it was smoother and not so tacky and glue-y feeling. The sides aren't that bad. I can't wait to try out the Pure though. Still on the hunt for a good rear protector.

Opie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2008
I hear you. I put the back one on and it destroys the feel of the device. I wish it was smoother and not so tacky and glue-y feeling. The sides aren't that bad. I can't wait to try out the Pure though. Still on the hunt for a good rear protector.

I got a shipment notification on my pure glass screen protector today. The back doesn't bother me as bad as the front does. Except it is sticking to everything. Guess its good it Won't slide on the dash of my truck.

brokenbuyer

macrumors regular
May 7, 2011
I do prefer a stickier back (like invisibleSHIELD). Always like that feel on the back so it wouldn't slide (out of your hand/off the table).

I have the back/sides now and just got the Pure. Waiting for my black iPhone which should come in next week. These seemed like the best option for me (clarity on front/optimal protection and stickier back).

With the 50% coupons going on, it makes getting Bodyguardz as easy choice. Will have photos asa I have it installed.

iBaloney

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2010

how thick is the back one for bodyguardz compared to, say, wrapsol's back protector?

luigi408

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2008
I got their glass Pure protector. I am not liking it at all. It's very very hard to install since you can't take it off and reapply to remove small dusts. Also you DO lose some of the touch feel compare to PowerSupport screen covers. Sometimes I can tell my touch won't scroll in web pages for like a split second, and when typing I'll miss some key presses. I'm guessing this is because the glass is so dang think compare to regular screen protectors.

Not just that. The edges of the glass won't fully stick. There is some bubbling no matter how much and how hard press the corners. So far not impressed. Only thing I liked was the feel of the screen.

Good thing I got 50% off cause this screen is disappointing big time.

I did get the back protector for the iPhone from Bodyguardz. At least that went good (I did the dry install). Only thing I hate is that lint gets stuck on the edges of the protector. I would still recommend the regular body protector from bodyguards.

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
I got their glass Pure protector. I am not liking it at all. It's very very hard to install since you can't take it off and reapply to remove small dusts. Also you DO lose some of the touch feel compare to PowerSupport screen covers. Sometimes I can tell my touch won't scroll in web pages for like a split second, and when typing I'll miss some key presses. I'm guessing this is because the glass is so dang think compare to regular screen protectors.

Not just that. The edges of the glass won't fully stick. There is some bubbling no matter how much and how hard press the corners. So far not impressed. Only thing I liked was the feel of the screen.

Good thing I got 50% off cause this screen is disappointing big time.

I did get the back protector for the iPhone from Bodyguardz. At least that went good (I did the dry install). Only thing I hate is that lint gets stuck on the edges of the protector. I would still recommend the regular body protector from bodyguards.

While I can't help you with the lint as that it is a user issue and not a Bodyguardz issue, but if it isn't sticking on the corners then you probably got a defective one. Out of the 2 I ordered for the iPhone 4, one of them wouldn't stick and eventually came off in my pocket. Just go to their website and live chat with them. They will get you a replacement shipped out.

The other one I ordered is absolutely outstanding. The touch sensitivity is perfect on the iPhone 4 even when playing games so it seems to me yours was defective. Haven't got the iPhone 5 one yet though it has shipped but I would assume it is the same product just cut differently.

clactonlad

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2010
Sorry to hijak this thread a little, I ordered the bodyguardz back and side protection on the Saturday after launch day and it shipped to Canada via the UPS mail innovations on Tuesday the 25th Sept. Does anyone have any idea/experience on how long it will take to get to Canada?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.