Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

qisdtech

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
Texas
Has anyone been able to get the "badge app icon" feature to work on Twitter with IOS 6? I have it turned on and as I understand it, there will be a red number shown on the twitter icon for how many tweets I've received. I can't get this to work either on my Ipad 3 or Iphone 5. I have reset both of them and it made no change. I have tried various options in Notification center, and I am getting the notifications of new tweets at the top of the screen, but the badge app icon never shows the number of tweets i have waiting. I this broken in IOS 6?

qisdtech

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
Texas
Ah, that would explain things. If that's the worst thing on my android to iphone transition, I'm not doing too bad. Now if they get the Wifi to remain on during sleep like it was in IOS 5, we'll be good to go.

Thanks much.

I may be mistaken, but I believe the badge icon is only for @mentions and DMs. Not just tweets in general.

dvscrobe

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2013
I may be mistaken, but I believe the badge icon is only for @mentions and DMs. Not just tweets in general.

Hello. New to forum and my first post. Your post makes sense as I was wondering about the badge app icon myself. What about those on Twitter you choose in the app itself to give you a notification? In this scenario, I have noticed the badge app icon does not work but the notification and sound does. I use iOS 5.1.1 and Twitter 5.2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.