PDA

View Full Version : Apple to create world peace?

MacRoni
Nov 19, 2002, 02:04 PM
As a fellow Apple brotha, I can't help but feel immediate kinship with most Apple users I come along. Most are equally glad to see another supporting the cause. I just don't see this kind of pride displayed by PC users. The're just too busy diagnosing their problems and all that.

Maybe this is trend will continue and end all the differences people have with each other. Instead of fighting, the'll be giving each other props for their setups... Just a thought:p

Mr. Anderson
Nov 19, 2002, 02:52 PM
By being an Apple user/owner, you share something with all the rest of us. But you're also basing this on online individuals personalities. I know that there have been several members who have more than annoyed me in the past, so I don't think that your idea of world peace would be as easily attainable as you propose.

D

MacRoni
Nov 19, 2002, 02:57 PM
Actually, no. I am basing this on real person to person encounters. I work at CompUSA and all that I have encountered have been pretty much the same. Most of the time it's the majority of the PC users who are @$$holes.

FattyMembrane
Nov 19, 2002, 04:42 PM
i think it's mostly the fact that we are all part of a small group with something in common. if everyone used a mac, we would have problems like the nerds who write viruses to destroy computers running the same software (*cough* windows *cough*). there definitely is a kinship, we always gravitate toward those who share the same opinions, and if using macs causes more conversations and people to be friendlier to each other, than they really are contributing to world peace. you'll never hear someone say "oh, you use a pc too? awesome."

wdlove
Nov 19, 2002, 05:01 PM
It does seem that Mac user share bond. Gee's PC users are missing out, they can join anytime!

MacCoaster
Nov 19, 2002, 05:06 PM
World peace? My ass. Won't happen to the fullest and Apple is sure not going to help. I know several Macheads who are *******s, so what?

There are *******s everywhere, even in the Mac community. So what are you smoking! ;)

Sun Baked
Nov 19, 2002, 05:31 PM
The only problem with Apple creating World Peace is:

MS will copy the program/culture and sell a crappy v1.0 with few features and lots of bugs, but they will give copies away and keep selling it cheap until they have cornered the market and ground the competition to dust.

Then around v3.1 they'll jack up the price and rake in the dough and make the entire planet suffer as big brother rules the roost.