Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Erendiox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
Brooklyn NY
Well I was chilling in my dining room with my ibook, listening to tunes and browsing, when i'm greeted with the "you are running on reserve power message". Thinking it would be best to move to my room and plug in to the wall, I close up, and lift my lappy to put it into my backpack. I'm thinking that for some reason my ibook feels lighter than usual, then I look over to see my battery hanging out on my table still. :eek: :rolleyes:

I'm just glad I wasn't doing anything important. I tightened that sucker up real good after that.

Just figured i'd share. This ever happen to anyone else? :D

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Nope. Never.

I find it pretty difficult to get the battery out of my iBook in the first place. Is your table actually just a vertical coin and do you like to type whilst rotating the iBook to the left? That's the only way I can get mine to fall out. :p

As a side note, if you have a loose battery, you may want to get it looked at since you don't want it falling out at less opportune times. Also, when you plugged it back in properly, did you still need to charge it?

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
That is something that's never happened to my iBook either. You must have a gremlin lurking at your dinning room table.

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
wdlove said:
That is something that's never happened to my iBook either. You must have a gremlin lurking at your dinning room table.

Yes, this is the only reasonable explaination.

lopresmb

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2005
yeah, if that sucker is loose, I'd get it checked out, it would suck to lose something you were working on, or lose the battery somewhere for that matter

Erendiox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
Brooklyn NY
mad jew said:
Also, when you plugged it back in properly, did you still need to charge it?

Yea. It still needed to be charged.

Well, seeing that this looks to be a very rare occurance, mebe i'll take a stop over to an apple store and get it checked out. I'm still under warrenty, might as well make use of it. :cool:

cardiac dave

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2005
iToronto
My first iBook (DSAA - dead shortly after arrival - hard drive was toast) had the battery that didn't fit flush, and the latch didn't secure very well.

It's replacement is perfect. The battery fits flush and the latch has never loosened.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.