Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KoukiFC3S

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
Picked this up on Amazon for $15.

It's a great case. It really lets you appreciate the iPhone 5 design while keeping the phone protected.

I have been using it for 3 days now, and am really happy with it.

Pros:
-Cheap
-Minimal Design
-Scratch Resistant

Cons:
-No lay on table design
-No protection on top and bottom

Does the clear plastic scratch?
It's been 3 days now, and to my surprise it still hasn't picked up any scratches! We'll see how it fares in the long run, but so far it's way more scratch resistant than my old Switcheasy Nude for my iPhone 4.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1819_Snapseed.jpg
    IMG_1819_Snapseed.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 5,884
  • Photo Sep 30, 4 02 08 PM.jpg
    Photo Sep 30, 4 02 08 PM.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 2,118
Last edited:

KoukiFC3S

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
How do you think it will do as far as showing scratches? I had a clear case once and it showed ever tiny scratch.

I got it yesterday, and so far it doesn't have any scratches.

I'll report back on its durability after I use it more.

darthastuart

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2010
I do like the look of this one...does it have relatively rounded edges or is it sharp to the touch? Also, are the buttons covered or just open holes and they're exposed? I actually prefer them exposed. thanks.

KoukiFC3S

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
I just ordered the SGP Glas.t. It will go great with this case.

I do like the look of this one...does it have relatively rounded edges or is it sharp to the touch? Also, are the buttons covered or just open holes and they're exposed? I actually prefer them exposed. thanks.

The case is really rounded. There are no sharp edges, it feels pretty nice in the hand.

As for the buttons, good news, they are exposed. :D

Won't dust get into the case?

Hmm isn't that an issue with every case?

KoukiFC3S

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
How do you think it will do as far as showing scratches? I had a clear case once and it showed ever tiny scratch.

Added new pics. I can happy report that this case does not scratch easily. The back of it looks brand new even though I set the phone down on tables all weekend. This really makes me happy. :D

The Afroman

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2009
Austin,Tx
Added new pics. I can happy report that this case does not scratch easily. The back of it looks brand new even though I set the phone down on tables all weekend. This really makes me happy. :D

Can you do us a favor? Go into a dark room and take a picture with the flash on, and post it. I would look too see how bad the glare is, since it's clear and doesn't have a black ring around the camera opening.:confused:

CatsTide

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
Does the case come out further than the screen? When laying face down will it protect the screen?

KoukiFC3S

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
Does the case come out further than the screen? When laying face down will it protect the screen?

No it doesn't. I have a Glas.t in those pics.

Can you do us a favor? Go into a dark room and take a picture with the flash on, and post it. I would look too see how bad the glare is, since it's clear and doesn't have a black ring around the camera opening.:confused:

Sure thing.

There you go. My bathroom in pitch dark. Turned out pretty well!

Attachments

• IMG_0177.JPG
    IMG_0177.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 139
Last edited:

CatsTide

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
nice...I actually don't like the case to come out further than the screen to keep the naked front feel....I feel dirty after saying that...

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011

Glad you mentioned the switcheasy nude. That was the one I was referring to when I said clear shields get scratched easily. That thing looked AWFUL a week after I bought it...terrible shield.

LittleGwen

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
USA
How is the fit? I have a clear case from Kays and it fits horribly. When you put it on, does it sort of click into place?

KoukiFC3S

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
How is the fit? I have a clear case from Kays and it fits horribly. When you put it on, does it sort of click into place?

Yes it clicks into the aluminum band. I just checked my phone and the case didn't scratch it. Really happy with this case.

Glad you mentioned the switcheasy nude. That was the one I was referring to when I said clear shields get scratched easily. That thing looked AWFUL a week after I bought it...terrible shield.

It's almost been a week now. It did pick up some very light scratches, but they are virtually unnoticeable. Here's a pic with the flash to bring em out.

Attachments

• IMG_0227.jpg
    IMG_0227.jpg
    510.3 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

ShaolinX

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2012
I'd love to buy this case, except when I go to order it off Amazon.com, it tells me it can't deliver it to my address! I'm in Canada, and it's not on the Canadian Amazon site.

Too bad, as it looks like an alright case from your review.

LittleGwen

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
USA
Was hoping for an update. Still no scratches on the case? looking for a clear case but scratches show up so easily!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.