Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ProfoundTactics

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Or would it mess up the protector? I find the Zagg InvisibleShield so incredibly easy to apply (because of the spray) just wondering if you could use it on the Spigen Oleophobic.

I should probably mention, I've never actually used the Spigen, so they may be very easy to apply, but it just seems that the spray method would make life easier..

Thoughts?

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
OH
I would say the liquid used on wet applications could be interchanged between brands but I would not use it on ones intended for dry application only. It MIGHT but as much as these things cost, probably not worth the experiment.

Google methods for dry application like using it in a steamy room (kills dust), etc. Works well.

ProfoundTactics

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
I get two in a pack, I'm quite tempted to use one up and test it out... you're probably right though, bit of a waste of money if it doesn't work.

Thanks for the reply anyway!

jhu2

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2007
ive applied plenty of zagg, bodyguardz, BSE etc... and a few of the static cling ones mostly power support.

I'm pretty sure you don't need the solution for static cling screen protectors and if you do use it, it'll ruin the protector. PS, SGP cling on to the screen so if it gets wet, it won't cling anymore.

I might be completely wrong though.

ProfoundTactics

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
ive applied plenty of zagg, bodyguardz, BSE etc... and a few of the static cling ones mostly power support.

I'm pretty sure you don't need the solution for static cling screen protectors and if you do use it, it'll ruin the protector. PS, SGP cling on to the screen so if it gets wet, it won't cling anymore.

I might be completely wrong though.

Ah, I see. Not worth risking then, thanks for the info. How did you find the Spigen to install? (if you've used them)

I think it's because I just threw away two 'Orbyx' screen protectors. Worst ever, insane amount of bubbles, and it wasn't even the right size. Looking for the easiest install possible!

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2010
I installed 2 of the Spigen protectors last week with no issues. I'm now considering the full body sets, but I am not sure which to get.

milk242

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2007
I always wetted my sgp screen protectors before I found out about the hinge method. You won't have any problems getting the screen protector wet, it helps in adjusting and then you can just squeegee out the liquid.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
In 6 iPhones, I have never needed a spray of any kind. You are wasting your money. You do not need a spray to install a protector on your phone screen. A couple of drops of water will suffice. iPhone screen spray is 3am informercial territory.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.