PDA

View Full Version : My iBook's amazing battery.

mad jew
Aug 25, 2005, 08:27 AM
So I whipped the lil' iBook out at uni today, only to notice the strangest thing when I clicked on the little battery in the Menu Bar. I just thought I'd post this since we seem to be getting quite a few threads started asking how long the things last. Can anyone beat this?

Oh, and for the record, this was from a shut down and it was one of the first things I did upon logging in. :)

kretzy
Aug 25, 2005, 08:36 AM
So I whipped the lil' iBook out at uni today, only to notice the strangest thing when I clicked on the little battery in the Menu Bar. I just thought I'd post this since we seem to be getting quite a few threads started asking how long the things last. Can anyone beat this?

Oh, and for the record, this was from a shut down and it was one of the first things I did upon logging in. :)

hahaha.....i had the same thing happen on my PB the other day (surprisingly, considering the battery life ;) ) after i had woken it from sleep mode.

mad jew
Aug 25, 2005, 08:40 AM
It's great, isn't it. A week and a half of solid use. :p

I thought this was a bit weird though, since it happened straight after starting her up. :confused:

stridey
Aug 25, 2005, 09:26 AM
Did you test it? Maybe it was right! :eek: :D

mad jew
Aug 25, 2005, 09:29 AM
Did you test it? Maybe it was right! :eek: :D

I'll tell you in nine days... :p

gwuMACaddict
Aug 25, 2005, 09:32 AM
the old powerbooks used to do this too, right when you turn it on- it always reads the battery as being fuller than it really is

rosalindavenue
Aug 25, 2005, 09:34 AM
I think that's what it will look like after Apple starts using the new low-power intel chips. :)

Voidness
Aug 25, 2005, 09:45 AM

hehe, I always get this once my iBook wakes up from sleep. I think i've seen it reach 500 hours or something :D

Studawg7
Aug 25, 2005, 09:57 AM
i get that too, it always takes forever for the time to update

persianpunisher
Aug 25, 2005, 09:12 PM
I CAN beat that, although at the time i didnt know how to take screen shots, and I still dont know how. I had it once at 330:16

bodeh6
Aug 25, 2005, 10:08 PM
The battery is very good. I get 4-5 hours and it is pure portable bliss. My bro and sis's Dell Inspiron 8600 and 5150 are each lucky to get 2 hours.

Fearless Leader
May 13, 2006, 09:48 PM
i wish i had that kind of bettery life:rolleyes:

Boggle
May 13, 2006, 09:58 PM
I've had cars with batteries that didn't last that long. Good for you :D

truz
May 13, 2006, 10:01 PM
I hope the new ibooks (macbooks) comes with good battery life (same as current ibooks or better).

haiggy
May 13, 2006, 10:19 PM
My stupid battery is 2 years old and only lasts < 5 minutes. :(

Kreamy
May 14, 2006, 11:41 AM
4-5 hours is barely amazing considering the specs.

PeeCee companies offer 8 hour flavours now at much higher speeds, and they're pretty :D if only Apple would license OS X to Sony... *sigh*

StoneWolf
May 14, 2006, 12:40 PM
4-5 hours is barely amazing considering the specs.

PeeCee companies offer 8 hour flavours now at much higher speeds, and they're pretty :D if only Apple would license OS X to Sony... *sigh*

Very few PC companies offer that kind of battery life at a reasonable price though. To get that kind of battery you often have to go with a premium model from an expensive brand like Thinkpad or Sony. I think 4-5 hours is excellent for the price you pay for an iBook.

dextertangocci
Jul 2, 2006, 04:32 AM
I beat it!!!!!!

Abstract
Jul 2, 2006, 06:07 AM
^^I'm not joining any of you guys in this. Some of you are way too bored. :p

thegreatluke
Jul 2, 2006, 03:37 PM
When I crammed a car battery into my Mac Portable, I got a whopping four hours of battery life out of it!

It weighed less than the old battery too.

:D

Disclaimer: I never actually had a Mac Portable and I never actually crammed a car battery into said paperweight.