GTA 3
Vice City
Morrowind
Everquest 2
and the list goes on....

Apple noobie :D

Trekkie
Nov 26, 2002, 10:19 AM
Games, that if online games or online capable, work with their other platform counterparts.

No offense to Mac Gamers, but there isn't a lot of you. when there are 3 people and 2 servers available for a game and one is one one, and two are on the other, it's pretty booring.

not all games are like this, but the rumored Everquest that is coming is for 'mac gamers only' and have their own server(s) instead of being able to move a character you've been playing on the PC to the Mac.

It's disappointing. A protocol is a protocol, you should be able to make the core communications the same. They all use TCP/IP to some extent.

Other than that, I'd like titles to Day & date ship for the Mac.

FattyMembrane
Dec 2, 2002, 08:27 PM
gta3 or vice city (either would suffice)
unreal tournament 2003

i know, ut2k3 is being ported, but it was supposed to be out in time for christmas, and i think that if it were anywhere near done, we'd have heard about it by now (i'm still waiting for a final version of ut under osx - fat chance). actually, i'd rather they just skip the ut2k3 port and focus the energy on doing a simultaneous release of unreal2, but then again, i have no control over epic *sigh*.

Thanatoast
Dec 4, 2002, 02:30 AM
simcity4... without a doubt, and with as little delay as possible.

on the subject of fps twitch games, I'm not impressed with mouse responsiveness on the mac (I just switched). Any thoughts?

AssassinOfGates
Dec 4, 2002, 05:46 AM
Counter strike. Yes I do know that Sierra is not going to sell the rights, a stupid move on their behalf, but by not porting this to mac, a lot of the PC zealots base their argument that macs have no good games, despite the fact that about 70% of all bestsellers eventually get ported. Plus, I would actually like to have an online game the rest of my friends do. They still don't have RtCW, and only a handful have Quake 3

MacDuff
Dec 4, 2002, 05:46 PM
Vice City and Sim City 4! The two best cities in the world of computers!!!:D :D :D

FattyMembrane
Dec 4, 2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Thanatoast
on the subject of fps twitch games, I'm not impressed with mouse responsiveness on the mac (I just switched). Any thoughts?
if the lack of responsiveness is not being caused by dropped frames, try setting a higher value for the mouse sensitivity in the system prefs or within the game itself, if it offers you that option. if your system prefs for the mouse is set as high as it will go, download the "mousezoom" prefpane from versiontracker.com, it will let you choose a really fast setting.

Thanatoast
Dec 4, 2002, 06:55 PM
thanks! i'll try it.

MacDuff
Dec 4, 2002, 09:13 PM
I will be sitting like a bump on a log if Halo came out for Mac, like it was meant to be.