Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Risco

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
I tried deleting and reinstalling, including restarting and deleting stuff in application support.

Yet no matter what, it consistently says you are not connected to the internet or configured correctly! I have done nothing at all with my router, no settings or firewall changes and the mac firewall is not on. I also do not have anything like peer guardian etc installed.

Is this a Steam network issue?

monokitty

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2011
I get the same issue from time to time - Steam will be downloading a game nicely and then suddenly stop and throw the, "No Connection" error out on me. No idea what causes it thus far, but normally, quitting and re-launching Steam fixes it.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I get the same issue from time to time - Steam will be downloading a game nicely and then suddenly stop and throw the, "No Connection" error out on me. No idea what causes it thus far, but normally, quitting and re-launching Steam fixes it.

Actually I've had the issue to. Just seems to fix itself. Although I acknowledge that Steam offers some games inexpensively, however I hate DRM and my favorite word to describe Steam is "onerous". :)

a.jfred

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2010
Austin, TX
You could have a corrupted .blob file. I had the same issue about a year ago - if you search this forum you'll find the thread & the solution. I know it took me a great deal of hunting online to find the solution, I just don't remember what it was (but I do remember posting it in this forum).

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
If you haven't done so already, I'd suggest putting in a support ticket too. They need to know when people are having issues so if there is a problem with their software, they can fix it. And of course, more importantly at the moment, help you get up and running again.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
Steam never works right for me, always loads showing a blank window, have to close it and open it again 9 times out of ten. I stopped using it sometime ago now, rubbish service and you own nothing. Least they could do is let the paying customer have the choice to download the game files.

They told me that even if I totaly stopped using Steam I could NOT have the games I had paid for :(

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
I would agree that the Steam client is a disgrace to Valve. I do not understand why in this much time now, they have not corrected at least most of the bugs in it.

As a recent convert to Mac, Steamplay has been a nice thing for me. About 100 games I owned in Windows all run natively on my iMac. So, I'll be keeping Steam around and hope that they fix it.

On the other hand, for any new purchases I am more inclined to want to shop at the Mac App store. Stuff just works. Thank you Apple. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.