Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I guess this is the downside of iOS being 90% of your business.

I guess I'll keep recommending people to by Lightroom instead for better support, community and updates.

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK
There won't be word on Aperture 4 until it's released. Sadly it's the way Apple release some apps, the longer they leave it Adobe will gain more customers.

So called pro apps need a level of support which Apple seem reluctant to deliver. I'm quite glad I never got in to Aperture, happy with LR4.

MAFAv8r

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2011
No updates?

I guess this is the downside of iOS being 90% of your business.

I guess I'll keep recommending people to by Lightroom instead for better support, community and updates.

It is annoying that they don't keep us informed, but no updates? Hardly. There have been many substantial updates over the last 8 months.

I really enjoy Aperture having moved from Lightroom a year ago. It astounds me how much detail I can get out of shadows. The more I use it, the more I like its simplicity, and how logical it is. Start at the top, and move down. Everything is logical.
For all the complaints I have seen on how slow it is, usually it is because people have not bothered to read the manual or the forums. Mine was slow to start with. But on the 2011 MacBook Pro even with 100MB TIFFS it only takes a few seconds to process. Yes I use add- ins as well, but taking occasionally 1000 shots in a day, I need something quick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.