Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

STiNG Operation

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
The Zoo
Spigen recently updated their iPhone 5 inventory today I believe.

http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-5.html

Anyone planning on buying their protectors and cases from them? The new Incredible shields were part of the update today...opinions on them??

Also the carbon fiber skin guard looks sweet, anybody going for it?

(fyi) I bought the kicksnap incipio case and ordered the ultra crystal protectors from spigen.

Thanks for your thoughts and comments.:D

Last edited:

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2010
I think I'll be getting one of their full body sets. I'm just trying to decide which one - either Transparency 4.0 or Ultracoat.

dynamiks

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2011
I really really liked the Ultra Thin Air series until I saw the white trademark on the side. Looks awful.

I thought the same thing at first. I didn't notice it until I had already placed my order, and I was debating on canceling it because of that. Well I decided to stick with it. I got my case today, and it's actually not as bad as I thought it would be. I have the black case, and you can hardly notice it. The text is grey, it's not bright white.

Overall I am happy with my purchase, especially since it comes with one of the best screen shields available for only $20

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2010
Anyone up for helping me decide between getting the Incredible Shield Full Body set and the Ultra Thin Air?

Macguy76

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2011
Texas
I already ordered some screen shields. Ultra crystal and ultra oleophobic. Want the ultra optics still.

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2010
I really like the crystal screen protector. I keep going back and forth between picking up the full body set and the Ultra Thin Air case.

STiNG Operation

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
The Zoo
I really like the crystal screen protector. I keep going back and forth between picking up the full body set and the Ultra Thin Air case.

IMO if you can live w/o a case for a little while until more of a variety come out then get the full body protection.:D

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2010
How do their sets work under/in cases? Any advice on which (transparency 4.0 or UltraCoat)?

STiNG Operation

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
The Zoo
How do their sets work under/in cases? Any advice on which (transparency 4.0 or UltraCoat)?

I bought the ultra crystal set from them so I can't really comment on the transparency 4.0's. But if they are similar in thickness there are no issues with my crystal's and cases. They are really thin.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.