Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brayhite

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
N. Kentucky
A quick review of the Poetic Bumper, taken directly from my Amazon review:

If anyone owned Apple's bumpers and liked it, you'll like this one. It appears almost exactly the same (small logo in top right of this case). The only knock against it is that the Sleep/Wake and Volume Button covers mute the clicking sound they make when pushing them without a bumper. I personally like hearing the natural click of the button to know it turned off or the volume/ringer is being adjusted. The Volume buttons are also a little tough to push down.

Other than that, nearly everything about the Apple bumper holds true here as well. Little tight around the headphone jack, so headphones that have thick bands around the 3.5mm plug in will be hard to use, if at all. The lightning connector had no issues plugging in, but I'm curious to see if the adapter for the 30-pin connector will have problems though.

Great product, gives it the protection I wanted, and looks great. 4 out of 5.

It can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0093CDM3I/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_PaGzqb1PY1BW2

If you own the ProClip for iPhone 4 w/ bumper, the Poetic case and the iPhone 5 works perfectly with it. In fact, ProClip just released their newest iPhone 5 clip today, but a caseless-fitted one.

Personally, I prefer the bumper. For others who do, the Poetic bumper is as close to Apple's as you'll probably get from a third-party, and I'm excited I don't have to buy another ProClip :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.