PDA

View Full Version : I Clicked Purchase!

e²Studios
Aug 25, 2005, 09:54 AM
I finally was able to get the Mac that i wanted, YAY !

My work is paying for half of it so i can do work via VPN from home, and take work home with me rather than making the 50 minute commute late nights and at odd hours. I think this means that ill be doing more work maybe, but atleast ill be home and not driving to work at 2am on any given day, and I'll have a spiffy new G5 PM!!

I was apprehensive about taking half from my work but they are subsidizing it to make it easier on me since during certian parts of our product life cycle i about live in the office. No company Serial number on this baby! hehe

Ok, ok on with the specs!

• Dual 2.7GHz PowerPC G5
• 4GB DDR400 SDRAM (PC3200) - 8x512
• 2x400GB Serial ATA - 7200rpm
• ATI Radeon X850 XT w/256MB DDR SDRAM
• Bluetooth Module + AirPort Extreme Card
• 16x SuperDrive double-layer (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
• Bluetooth Module + Apple Wireless Keyboard & Mouse - U.S. English
• Mac OS X - U.S. English

Estimated Ship:
7-10 business days

Free Shipping

Subtotal $5,072.00

My cost = $2536.00 + 1/2 tax on subtotal! Pretty damn good I think :D

weeeeeeeeeeee I'm on cloud 9 at the moment :D

Ed

Lyle
Aug 25, 2005, 09:59 AM
I finally was able to get the Mac that i wanted... My work is paying for half of it so i can do work via VPN from home... and I'll have a spiffy new G5 PM!Well, I know I speak for a lot of us sitting in front of Dell PCs, running Windows, when I say: We really, really hate you right now. ;)

UberMac
Aug 25, 2005, 10:03 AM
Well, I know I speak for a lot of us sitting in front of Dell PCs, running Windows, when I say: We really, really hate you right now. ;)

Hate...HATE?! I'm sat in front of a bleedin' 5 year old compaq thingy-ma-jig (I don't like to call it a computer - it's an insult to the industry as a whole)

Chundles
Aug 25, 2005, 10:04 AM
Well, I know I speak for a lot of us sitting in front of Dell PCs, running Windows, when I say: We really, really hate you right now. ;)

...so very very much..... ;)

BlizzardBomb
Aug 25, 2005, 10:05 AM
You shoulda got the RAM third party ;) but very nice indeed.

swy32x
Aug 25, 2005, 10:07 AM
Oh awesome man!

But, err, you're going to need a screen ... add in an ACD into there so work pays half of it too?

But great work dude, excellent.

e²Studios
Aug 25, 2005, 10:11 AM
Oh awesome man!

But, err, you're going to need a screen ... add in an ACD into there so work pays half of it too?

But great work dude, excellent.

I asked about that and was told to "Not push my luck" by my boss in a half-jokingly manner :p

I have a 19" Sony LCD that it will be happy on, or maybe ill "borrow" a 23" from work :cool:

Ed

iGary
Aug 25, 2005, 10:18 AM
Cograts, you'll love it - a great machine.

devilot
Aug 25, 2005, 10:54 AM
Dah! I told you you have an awesome job! I'm sure your family will be much happier w/ this new arrangement, as well as you and your gas budget. ;) Congrats!

Plymouthbreezer
Aug 25, 2005, 12:36 PM
Wow, lucky! If only you could have got a nice 23" ACD with it!

SamIchi
Aug 25, 2005, 01:35 PM
OMGZ :eek:

What's your occupation?

devilot
Aug 25, 2005, 01:51 PM
OMGZ :eek:

What's your occupation?It's übersecretive... ;)

SamIchi
Aug 25, 2005, 04:24 PM
It's übersecretive... ;)

Pleasssseee??