Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisWard1994

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2011
Ireland
Since the iPhone 5 was announced ive been trying to decide whether to go for it or the Galaxy S3. Ive decided to sell my 4S to a friend and put the money toward a new phone. I thought i had settled on the 5 after looking through a fair few review but after seeing the higher price this year, its made things difficult. I like the iPhone but im not sure its worth €100 more over the S3. What do ye think i should do?

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Since the iPhone 5 was announced ive been trying to decide whether to go for it or the Galaxy S3. Ive decided to sell my 4S to a friend and put the money toward a new phone. I thought i had settled on the 5 after looking through a fair few review but after seeing the higher price this year, its made things difficult. I like the iPhone but im not sure its worth €100 more over the S3. What do ye think i should do?

Yeah I was surprised when I saw they raised the price of the 16GB to €679.

Whether it's worth it or not depends on which phone you want and how much you're willing to pay for it. I was disappointed by the rumors and leaks so I got the Galaxy S3 and I don't regret it one bit! I got bored of iOS so that was also one of the major reasons I got the S3. I would have been willing to pay the extra money to get the iPhone 5 had I wanted it but that's just me.

lavrishevo

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2007
NJ
Yeah I was surprised when I saw they raised the price of the 16GB to €679.

Whether it's worth it or not depends on which phone you want and how much you're willing to pay for it. I was disappointed by the rumors and leaks so I got the Galaxy S3 and I don't regret it one bit! I got bored of iOS so that was also one of the major reasons I got the S3. I would have been willing to pay the extra money to get the iPhone 5 had I wanted it but that's just me.

+1 I was only looking at $199 either way and I decided to go for the S3. Apple is slipping imo. I love my quad core mbp and ipad 2 but the new iphone is a disappointed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.