Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ciacorp

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
The facebook contacts matching ability in iOS 6 is quite good, however, there are still cases when matching does not work (typical scenario: you're FB friends don't use their real name exactly...).

Therefore you have to manually match you're iCloud contacts with you're FB contacts. That works pretty well - but it seems that these manually matchings of iCloud/FB contacts do not sync with other iOS devices. Thus i have to match duplicate iCloud/FB contacts on each of my device instead of doing it only once.

Do you have the same problem? And if, any solutions yet? Thanks!

doopsie

macrumors member
May 19, 2007
yeah it is :/ I'm ignoring it for the time being, what are you going to do about it?

ciacorp

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
I've read on Apple support forums that FB contacts matching is indeed only locally done. Thus there is no way for syncing manual matches at the moment :-(

thezerocool

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2012
I have the same problem, sorry to hear that there is no solution. Who can imagine that no one at Apple will actually think that the users will maybe want to sync their contacts between one's devices.

I have left it hanging hoping that at some point Apple/Facebook will solve it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.