Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BB.King

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2012
London UK
Hi all,

Does anybody have a good alternative for Zite? I'm using the iPhone 5, and the app have not been updated yet. Since I use Zite to catch up all my tech news which is around 1/3 usage on my iphone, I really want something that takes advantage of the longer screen.

I'm look for a new aggregate/suggestion service, something Flipboard and Google current does not do and I don't like the layout of those apps. I aslo have Pulse which I love for the simple/logic structure, but it is not so good as Android version, since I can't hide read news and change to black background.

Many thanks

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Hi all,

Does anybody have a good alternative for Zite? I'm using the iPhone 5, and the app have not been updated yet. Since I use Zite to catch up all my tech news which is around 1/3 usage on my iphone, I really want something that takes advantage of the longer screen.

I'm look for a new aggregate/suggestion service, something Flipboard and Google current does not do and I don't like the layout of those apps. I aslo have Pulse which I love for the simple/logic structure, but it is not so good as Android version, since I can't hide read news and change to black background.

Many thanks

Can't offer anything as an alternative but I hope they update soon! I use this app all the time both on my iPhone and iPad. Love it!

fsck-y dingo

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
Pulse, which is similar to Zite, is worth a look. I like Zite's layout on the iPad and prefer Pulse on the iPhone.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Pulse is my favorite on iPhone & iPad.

Easily customized to provide the content you like, it's my hands down must have app. It's getting better also, as they continue to refine it with desktop access & more planned.

natiberk

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2012
Give Riversip a try. Not yet suited for iPhone 5 dimensions, but I guess it'll work great regardless.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.