Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Sync how? Like watch 5 minutes of Saved By The Bell and open the iPad to where you left off?

NM08SRT8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 18, 2010
Earf
No, when you take video on your phone or iPad, they sync to the cloud so you can view it on all devices, like you can see the pictures taken on all iDevices on all iDevices.

hektor5wolf

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2012
No, when you take video on your phone or iPad, they sync to the cloud so you can view it on all devices, like you can see the pictures taken on all iDevices on all iDevices.

No! Videos are not supported on iCloud/Photo stream yet

chenks

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
UK
Is it me or wasn't there supposed to be support for it in iOS6?

no there was never mentioned.
think you're confusing it with the itunes movies in the cloud playback syncing that was demo'd as part of the itunes 11 demo.

neo179neo

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2010
Nottingham, UK
Do you think they'll support photostream to ever do videos? Would be great for when i take a video on my phone and its on my laptop ready to watch/edit... or do you think they want you to go down the edit it on your phone watch it on apple tv route??

chenks

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
UK
Do you think they'll support photostream to ever do videos? Would be great for when i take a video on my phone and its on my laptop ready to watch/edit... or do you think they want you to go down the edit it on your phone watch it on apple tv route??

considering the time it would take to upload to photostream and then to download to your laptop, it would still be far quicker to simply connect via a cable to transfer the video.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL

Doubt it, a 5 minute video recording on the iPhone 4S would be close to 1GB. Have fun uploading that!

Sdreed91

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2011
That is a feature of iTunes 11. There will probably be a iOS 6.something update for it. iTunes 11 is set to be released sometime this month.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.