Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drakestan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
Do we have any representatives from spigen who frequent this forum or would anyone know when the snow case is coming out for the i5?

kyellowness

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2012
Yes! can't wait for it to come out in lime green! That was my fav. color when they had it for the iPhone 4. Hopefully it doesnt take them too long to release them. Dont understand why they cant release it in different colors all at once... :mad:

Jackson743

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2010
I just ordered the Satin Silver. I hope it's a good looking silver finish that matches the back. I've got the white phone. My iPhone will have the GLAS screen protector on the front and a Steinheil film protector on the back.

A bit pricy, but I think I'm set for a long time.

Divingbirdie

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2012
How does the SNOW series differ from the VIVD besides colour?

Is it a different texture or size or material?

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
I just ordered the Satin Silver. I hope it's a good looking silver finish that matches the back. I've got the white phone. My iPhone will have the GLAS screen protector on the front and a Steinheil film protector on the back.

A bit pricy, but I think I'm set for a long time.

What material is the insert that the bumper fits around?

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
Anyone who has a similar one, any chance the earphne cut-out intereferes with bent connectors? (No straight like the Apple earphones)

MichaelKB

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2012
I wrote and asked them about different colors. Hopefully they will reply decently quick.

Also asked them how tightly they fit (allow for protective skins?). Anyone know off hand?

----------

Anyone who has a similar one, any chance the earphne cut-out intereferes with bent connectors? (No straight like the Apple earphones)

^ Good question. This!

tuan time

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2009
There are a number of other companies already selling bumpers that, at least from the promo images, appear to be clones of the Spigen NEO EX. I just ordered this black one from Amazon (not prime shipping though) for less than $4 plus shipping. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009CZXC36/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00Will report back once I receive it, but that won't be for a couple weeks as I'm traveling until then.

They're not really clones. The spigen is a two piece bumper. Inner silicon and outter polycarbonate layer.

LittleGwen

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
USA
How does the SNOW series differ from the VIVID besides colour?

Is it a different texture or size or material?

The colors are different. I believe the SNOW series comes with a WHITE silicone and the VIVID series comes with black. Snow also usually has soft pastel colors and vivid has darker colors.

krick

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2009
They're not really clones. The spigen is a two piece bumper. Inner silicon and outter polycarbonate layer.

The pictures are identical, but I wouldn't be surprised if the product doesn't end up matching the pictures. We'll see. . .

Jackson743

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2010
What material is the insert that the bumper fits around?

Their website states white silicone.

This will be my 4th SGP bumper. My first was this kind of two pieces. I believe it was also the Neo Hybrid. It's not my favorite. A bit too bulky.

The bumper I love and will buy when (and if) is the Linear EX Meteor Series. No silicon insert, and it doesn't need it. The fit was pretty tight, not quite as tight as the Neo. You can move it, but not easily. But, it's less bulky and no silicon insert, which I don't find attractive.

http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/ap...iphone-4-4s-case-linear-ex-meteor-series.html

Best thing, I dropped my iPhone 4 twice on asphalt. It was unscratched and undamaged. Both Linear EX Meteor Series bumpers were badly scratched and discolored.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.