Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you use your first or first and last name as your Mac's name?

• First Name

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • First and Last Name

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters

macuser1232

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
Is your name in the finder just your first name or is it your first and last name?

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
I don't know what's more disturbing... the reason this poll exists or those that are actually answering it? :eek:

OP: Once all the results are tabulated, what in gods name will you (or anyone else) do with this information?

laudern

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
I voted for first name and last name. But prior to my recent format, I had only used my first name...So just be aware of this when reading the results

AlanShutko

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
I don't use either. I name my Mac something vaguely connect. My first Macbook Air was Amelia (for AIRhart).

CocoSS

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2011
Maybe, based on what you vote, the asker will start building a profile so you can realize what person you are.

iThinkergoiMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2010
Terra
Seems a bit dodgy to me.. OP asking personal details, etc

FWIW, OP isn't asking what you named your computer, just how. Of course, OP is also assuming you use your name in said name, which I don't. Not really asking for personal details.

Pointless, but it's completely your decision to answer or not. If you don't want to answer, why do you feel the need to complain? Takes the same amount of time either way...

Aug 5, 2012
FWIW, OP isn't asking what you named your computer, just how. Of course, OP is also assuming you use your name in said name, which I don't. Not really asking for personal details.

Pointless, but it's completely your decision to answer or not. If you don't want to answer, why do you feel the need to complain? Takes the same amount of time either way...

Just getting others opinions on the OP's intentions here

If you don't like that feel free to complain... or not

Aug 5, 2012
You're claiming that OP is asking for personal information. I'd like to know how exactly what OP is asking for is personal. It's anonymous data...

I'm not claiming anything... Just asking what his intentions are and discussing with other forum members

Please read a thread fully before commenting.

RMo

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Iowa, USA
I don't even know if the OP is talking about your username or the computer's (host) name. In any case, my username is an old nickname, and my computer's name is an elaborate and appropriately named sequence. :)

iThinkergoiMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2010
Terra
I'm not claiming anything... Just asking what his intentions are and discussing with other forum members

Please read a thread fully before commenting.

I have read every post in this thread. You didn't ask a question, you made a statement, so that's how I interpreted it. THIS is asking what OP's intentions are:

OP: Once all the results are tabulated, what in gods name will you (or anyone else) do with this information?

THIS is making a statement:

Seems a bit dodgy to me.. OP asking personal details, etc

You're absolutely claiming that OP is asking for personal details right there, and I'm trying to figure out what about what OP is asking you think includes personal details. So, I ask you: what about what OP is asking includes personal details?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.