Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

declandio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 3, 2009
London, UK
Hello

My trusty iPod touch 1G was playing up a little, so I restored it last night to a fresh copy of 3.1.3.

It's main use these days is to serve as a remote for Apple TV etc. Since I restored, I can no longer install Apple's Remote App. The current version is not compatible with 3.1.3.

I haven't got a backup of the iPod to restore to, nor have a got a copy of the old version of Remote App in time machine or anywhere else.

Any idea how I where I can get an old version of the App? I've messed areound a little with whited00r thinking I might be able to find an old version in a repo, but no joy there either.

Am sill in love with this old iPod and would love to make it productive for me again... any ideas / suggestions would be appreciated!

kokhean

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2010
Hello

My trusty cheap brick 1G was playing up a little, so I restored it last night to a fresh copy of 3.1.3.

It's main use these days is to serve as a remote for crApple TV etc. Since I restored, I can no longer install crApple's Remote App. The current version is not compatible with 3.1.3.

I haven't got a backup of the iPod to restore to, nor have a got a copy of the old version of Remote App in time machine or anywhere else.

Any idea how I where I can get an old version of the App? I've messed areound a little with whited00r thinking I might be able to find an old version in a repo, but no joy there either.

Am sill in love with this old iPod and would love to make it productive for me again... any ideas / suggestions would be appreciated!

You should state what latest version supports iOS 3.

You can then install the app by using...
*cough*inst......us*cough*

spyguy10709

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
One Infinite Loop, Cupertino CA
Hello

My trusty iPod touch 1G was playing up a little, so I restored it last night to a fresh copy of 3.1.3.

It's main use these days is to serve as a remote for Apple TV etc. Since I restored, I can no longer install Apple's Remote App. The current version is not compatible with 3.1.3.

What you should do is pop on whited00r again. On cydia - put on the whited00r repo if you haven't already, and install 3Store. 3Store is an app store with a collection of free, iOS3 compatible apps, including the remote app ! :)

Enjoy!

declandio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 3, 2009
London, UK
What you should do is pop on whited00r again. On cydia - put on the whited00r repo if you haven't already, and install 3Store. 3Store is an app store with a collection of free, iOS3 compatible apps, including the remote app ! :)

Enjoy!

Thanks for the info... I actually tried that, couldn't find Remote.app on the 3Store... I did find a compatible version on instal(cough cough)ous but I was paranoid about entering my apple id into a hacked app (to enable 'home sharing' etc)...

I ended up realising that my little brother has the same ipod and doesn't tend to update stuff very often, so he emailed me his copy and also gave me his account password so that I could sync the app with my ipod. Sorted :)

spyguy10709

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
One Infinite Loop, Cupertino CA
Thanks for the info... I actually tried that, couldn't find Remote.app on the 3Store... I did find a compatible version on instal(cough cough)ous but I was paranoid about entering my apple id into a hacked app (to enable 'home sharing' etc)...

I ended up realising that my little brother has the same ipod and doesn't tend to update stuff very often, so he emailed me his copy and also gave me his account password so that I could sync the app with my ipod. Sorted :)

Cool - but that thing you mentioned (I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU MEANT - I JUST AM RAMBLING HERE COUGH) scans the uploaded apps and makes sure they match the MD5 of the original, if it's modified, it's not available to the public.

Rushard

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2013
Looking for iOS 4.2.1 remote apple

Same problem here.
Trying to find older version of remote by apple to turn older iphone into dedicated remote for iTunes.
Anyone know where I could find this???
:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.