Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoTexans

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2011
I was looking for a rotary case. only the Targus 360 case from office depot has this feature, but it was a piece of overpriced $60 JUNK !!!

The case is poorly built and it is VERY BULKY!!! It almost doubles the weight of the new ipad. To make it worse, the auto wake and sleep function was not working… Come on….even a $10 knock off case can have a functioning auto wake and sleep function. I returned it right away.

Searching around amazon for a replacement and found out 99.9% rotary cases are Targus clones or targus knock offs. Keep looking until I found this case – thinlio 360.

http://www.amazon.com/ZUM-Thinlio-3...9020573&sr=1-156&keywords=ipad+amplifier+case

It looks very slim and it even has a BUILT-IN acoustic amplifier. Sounds interesting… and its only $29.99.

Pros
The case arrives and it fits very well. I can tell its made of good quality leather with micro fiber linings.

The case is much lighter than the targus 360 cases and it allows the case to stay in ANY VIEWING ANGLES.

Cant wait to test the acoustic amplifier function. Turn on the video and it really works. Cant tell exactly how much louder… but it is louder : ) What a nice bonus for this price.

Cons
In conclusion, this is a good quality case with a lot of unique features: rotary case, built-in amplifier and unlimited viewing angles.

However, I wished they could make it better if they could put rubberized coating on the plastic case. Also I wish they can offer colors other than black.

Personally, I believe it is an excellent case for someone who is looking for a case with rotary functions!!

Attachments

• thinlio 360 front p.jpg
    thinlio 360 front p.jpg
    828.5 KB · Views: 214
  • thinlio 360 front TV.jpg
    thinlio 360 front TV.jpg
    761.8 KB · Views: 188
  • thinlio 360 front.jpg
    thinlio 360 front.jpg
    862 KB · Views: 179
  • thinlio 360 side.jpg
    thinlio 360 side.jpg
    549.1 KB · Views: 166

MacBpro

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
Chicago, IL
Sounds good...if it is available back in March.. i would definitely buy it... too bad I have spent over $300 on the accessories... I would save money for the ipad mini:)

ApplDMan

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2011
Thanks for sharing. I am interested in the built-in acoustic amplifier feature... Can the case boost the sound loud enough for playing videos in a small group setting?

the current iPad speaker volume is not good enough for a small group around 8-10 people to hear clearly at the same time.

Thanks!!

newipad2

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2011
I was looking for a rotary case. only the Targus 360 case from office depot has this feature, but it was a piece of overpriced $60 JUNK !!!

The case is poorly built and it is VERY BULKY!!! It almost doubles the weight of the new ipad. To make it worse, the auto wake and sleep function was not working… Come on….even a $10 knock off case can have a functioning auto wake and sleep function. I returned it right away.

Searching around amazon for a replacement and found out 99.9% rotary cases are Targus clones or targus knock offs. Keep looking until I found this case – thinlio 360.

http://www.amazon.com/ZUM-Thinlio-3...9020573&sr=1-156&keywords=ipad+amplifier+case

It looks very slim and it even has a BUILT-IN acoustic amplifier. Sounds interesting… and its only $29.99.

Pros
The case arrives and it fits very well. I can tell its made of good quality leather with micro fiber linings.

The case is much lighter than the targus 360 cases and it allows the case to stay in ANY VIEWING ANGLES.

Cant wait to test the acoustic amplifier function. Turn on the video and it really works. Cant tell exactly how much louder… but it is louder : ) What a nice bonus for this price.

Cons
In conclusion, this is a good quality case with a lot of unique features: rotary case, built-in amplifier and unlimited viewing angles.

However, I wished they could make it better if they could put rubberized coating on the plastic case. Also I wish they can offer colors other than black.

Personally, I believe it is an excellent case for someone who is looking for a case with rotary functions!!

Looks nice... I am going to get the iPad 4... and I have two kids always complaining about the speaker is not loud enough...

anyone knows if it fits the iPad 4??

911turbo

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2011
Looks nice... I am going to get the iPad 4... and I have two kids always complaining about the speaker is not loud enough...

anyone knows if it fits the iPad 4??

Do they have Genuine Leather version? I dont like PU but I like the amplifier feature.

Dave421

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2011
What holds the iPad in? The photos on amazon don't show it without the iPad in it.

LTMK

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2011
NY, NY
What holds the iPad in? The photos on amazon don't show it without the iPad in it.

I am still waiting for my case ...but if you pay close attention to the pictures, I believe there is a transparent plastic case holding the ipad...

I will know for sure tomorrow;)

Dave421

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2011
Yeah I noticed the holder at the bottom/left side but it looks like there's stitching on the opposite side so that's what made me wonder.

KennySmith

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2011
anyone knows if this case really can make the sound louder? not sure if its for real or not... please help!!

LoveSteve

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2011
Looks like a great idea... I dont want my kids to smell the ipad while they are watching the videos...

i need to remind them to stay away from the ipad when they are watching the videos, but they always complain its not loud enough..will get one to test out

TXLongHorn

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2011
Austin, TX
anyone knows if this case really can make the sound louder? not sure if its for real or not... please help!!

I have this case for more than 2 weeks. The only thing I can say is I LOVE IT!!!

The material is superior and it can really amplify the speaker volume. However, I don't know how to measure it.

I just got two more for my parents for Christmas : )

KennySmith

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2011
Used one for a month and love it... want to get a second one... now is $59.99:confused: ... way too expensive man

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.