PDA

View Full Version : Very Newbie, Serious Problem

DzLady
Sep 30, 2012, 07:13 PM
I got my first ever Apple computer yesterday. I got it at Rent A Center, previously rented for a week, otherwise, brand new. EXCEPT...no discs came with it. Just a book. Its a refurbished machine to begin with, model # FC812LL/A. The store manager told me to reinstall (or reformat) everything if I wanted an out of the factory start, which I do.

This is what I have done http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2pMpFosmck . However, when I get to the reinstall part, I click continue and all the stuff I am supposed to do but it tells me "cannot find installation information for this machine".

So, I called a friend who brought over what was supposed to be a copy of the installation files (or whatever you want to call them) and I put it in the slot. It works, does nothing to the unit and now I cant get the disk out, no matter what I try. I have been to a site within this forum that tells how to get the disk out and nothing on the list worked.

At this point, all I want to do is get the OS back on the machine, so I can mess with this and see if I actually want to keep it or just go buy a PC (which right now is where I am leaning).

Please oh Please help me!

Dz

DzLady
Sep 30, 2012, 10:51 PM
Its now bedtime and I am done messing with it. I'll just take it back and get me an awesome PC instead. :mad:

mgartner0622
Sep 30, 2012, 11:23 PM
The newer machines don't come with reinstall DVD's anymore. If you're still willing to give it a shot I'd recommend just going to the Apple Store and having them do a clean install for you if there's one in your area.