Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
Hi all - Something unusual happened on my iMac last night and this morning - The screen briefly blurred out or turned fuzzy. almost like it was vibrating. The mouse would freeze on the screen when it happened and it only would last for a second or two...except for one time where it went for 4 or 5 seconds.

This happened last night 2-3 times in a short time span, and I repaired permissions, restarted it and went to bed. This morning it happened again once when I was checking my email, but this time just in the Mail app window (vs. the whole screen last night). I had to leave for work so I just shut it down completely and left it turned off.

I've never seen this happen before - Does anyone know what is causing this and/or what I can do to prevent it from happening in the future?

Thanks in advance!

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
I forgot to add...

It's an iMac G5 rev A 17" / Superdrive / 250 HD / 512 RAM / BT keyboard & mouse / OSX 10.3.9

Thanks! Sean

macdon401

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2005
Screen!

Hi Sean
Ive got an iMac too, 20" 1.8, my screen looked like it had a very soft graidient from the bottom, being dark to clear at the top!!
I restarted and poof, gone! I checked with my retailer and here, both said bring it in, a new screen on these beasts cost a fortune, hope your still under warranty, I would bring it in!
R

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
macdon401 said:
Hi Sean
Ive got an iMac too, 20" 1.8, my screen looked like it had a very soft graidient from the bottom, being dark to clear at the top!!
I restarted and poof, gone! I checked with my retailer and here, both said bring it in, a new screen on these beasts cost a fortune, hope your still under warranty, I would bring it in!
R

Were you able to get yours replaced? I bought mine in January, so I should still be covered...

macdon401

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2005
they said it would not be a problem, Im bringing it in next week , a bit busy right now. You have a year warranty from date of purchace!
R

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
Well I finally made it down to the Apple Store this past Saturday. It acted up while they tested it. Bad logic board they said, which they are replacing since I'm still under warranty.

Still waiting to get it back though... :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.