PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha MG206c USB to Mac Mini (Live Recording)

frostbyte32
Oct 1, 2012, 09:29 AM
My church approached me and ask me to figure out a way to record the weekly sermons in order to burn them to CD's and pass them out to people who cannot attend weekly (nursing homes, shut-ins, etc.). They're not looking for professional quality, but just something that will do the job.

I connected the mixer to Mac Mini this week using a 1/4" from the Mixer to 3.5mm to my Mac Mini. I used Garage Band and after listening to the recording yesterday afternoon it only comes from the left side of my headphones, but the quality was more than sufficient for what they're wanting.

My question is would getting (http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021804&p_id=665&seq=1&format=2) RCA to 3.5mm solve the problem?

I'm new to this whole audio thing and just want to make sure I don't order the wrong cable. Thanks for the help!

bwhli
Oct 1, 2012, 06:09 PM
What microphone are you using?

fastlanephil
Oct 1, 2012, 07:00 PM
Try setting the input source over by the bottom right of GB from stereo to mono 1 or mono 2-either left or right and it should then record as a mono track. You can select show monitoring for real instruments under the track menu to hear it.