PDA

View Full Version : iPod wont turn off -_-

eva01
Aug 26, 2005, 11:52 AM
this is the second time this has happened, i use my iPod (60GB in sig) i hold down play, it doesn't turn off, and it wont turn off leaving it alone for a long time, I haven't touched it in about 5 hours and it still hasn't turned off (at work without access to connectin it to computer). So i try and press play again and it wont turn off.

The way i fixed it last time was i put in my computer and ejected it, then it would shut off.

Is it time to reset it through the iPod software updater? This is getting annoying.

XNine
Aug 26, 2005, 12:00 PM
Manually reset it. Hold the center button and the menu button down at the same time for 5-10 seconds. iPods need rebooting sometimes. Try it while it's being charged as well.

Also, not to be rude, but RTFM.

eva01
Aug 26, 2005, 12:11 PM
i did read the ****ing manual fyi

i was wondering if there was anything else i could do without resetting it. But i guess there isn't....

XNine
Aug 26, 2005, 12:15 PM
Sorry, I just deal with so many of these every day, that about 85% of the time people don't read the manuals (I mean, average americans are pretty damn lazy) That's why I said "not to be rude."

Reset is a common thing oniPods. It always has been, always will be, I think.

eva01
Aug 26, 2005, 12:18 PM
I figured as much, just that i am not home right now and wanted to see if there was anything else.

Thanks ^_^

I always read electronic manuals for certain things, never video game manuals thou :P

XNine
Aug 26, 2005, 12:43 PM
I always read electronic manuals for certain things, never video game manuals thou :P

Yeah, no one reads game manuals. They're pretty pointless. I'd read them if there were nude Japanese girls in them.

eva01
Aug 26, 2005, 12:51 PM
Which reminds me the puffy amiyumi concert was friggen awesome ><! i am going to japan to see them soon

PaRaGoNViCtiM
Aug 26, 2005, 01:56 PM
My old iPod would never shut off, I would reset it, and it would work okay for like 3 days, then it would do it again! I ended up upgrading it, and *knocks on wood*, it has happened since.

XNine
Aug 26, 2005, 02:05 PM
Which reminds me the puffy amiyumi concert was friggen awesome ><! i am going to japan to see them soon

.... I hate you.

When you're over there, pick me up a couple japanese girls. Oh, and visit Hatori Hanzo for me.

:D