Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redfire

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2006
Does anyone else think it is strange that Apple didn't give you the ability for people to exchange their photos in a photostream? My wife and I exchange pictures all the time that we take throughout our day, but we need two photostreams to do it. Seems really counterintuitive.

Or for instance I went out with a bunch of friends last week and photostream was such a mess with everyone having to create a separate photostream and invite everyone to it to exchange photos. We used groupme instead and it worked way better.

I hope Apple changes this soon. It would make photostream such a killer feature.

CyBeRino

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2011
I agree. A shared photostream that any of the invitees can add to would be nice.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Yep. A couple of my friends and I were disappointed to find out only the person that starts the photo stream can do anything too it. But like mentioned iMessage works fine. But it would be cool to check the stream at your leisure to see new pics.

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
I agree with the OP. I'm surprised that this functionality didn't make it into the first release of shared photo streams. Somewhat typical of Apple to introduce functionality incrementally; I sincerely hope we won't have to wait a year for this simple change.

jman240

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2009
Yeah, without other people being able to add to it, its kind of a failed feature.

It would also be nice if it didn't delete the photos for everyone when you remove the shared stream.

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
This is a no-brainer and I can't believe it's not there. You should be able to select specific subscribers to a Photo Stream who are allowed to add photos.

Watch - Apple will probably hold it off until iOS 7.

mape2k

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2011
Germany
Same here! I was also disappointed to see that invitees could not upload any photos to the stream.

Lets keep our fingers crossed, maybe with 6.1?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.