Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cowcaster88

macrumors member
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Just now getting back into the PC gaming scene, does anyone have suggestions as to good controllers for fighting games (e.g. Street Fighter 4)? Looking for USB.

SlickShoes

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
I will second the use of the Xbox 360 controllers, I have a white wired one and it is fantastic.

-SD-

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Peterborough, UK
The 360 controller is good for most types of gaming, but certainly not fighting as the D-pad is terrible.

If you're really quite into your fighting/arcade games I'd get a decent USB arcade stick. Something like a Quanba, or even the official Hori EX2 stick as it's cheap, just to get you going.

:apple:

cowcaster88

macrumors member
Original poster
May 2, 2010
The 360 controller is good for most types of gaming, but certainly not fighting as the D-pad is terrible.

What do you believe has the best D-pad? On top of playing fighting games I'll be doing alot of emulation as well.

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
What do you believe has the best D-pad? On top of playing fighting games I'll be doing alot of emulation as well.

I find the PS3 controller pretty good for all sorts of console gaming.
The D-pad is way better than the xbox and the analog is just as good.

-SD-

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Peterborough, UK
To be fair, if you're used to the PlayStation controller after three generations, it's probably not a bad idea. I still can't stand the thing....

Personally I'd go for a USB Sega Saturn controller. Unfortunately all the ones on eBay are dodgy HK copies, the quality of the plastic used is terrible. However, it is possible to swap the PCB into an official Saturn pad shell, and you'll be good to go.

laetusviator

macrumors member
May 31, 2012
I've always found the Xbox 360 controller's analog sticks to be more comfortably placed than the Playstation controller.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.