PDA

View Full Version : Syncing iPhone 5 on PPC Leopard via a Snow Leopard Macbook

Jethryn Freyman
Oct 2, 2012, 03:12 AM
So, I just got an iPhone 5. Can't sync with my G5 tower as the phone requires iTunes 10.7 which is Intel-only. PhoneView can't read SMS messages or phone logs.

The G5 tower is my main computer, has my numerous email accounts, calendars, Address Book contacts, etc.

I'm thinking I could sync my G5 to my Macbook, then sync the phone with the Macbook, and vice versa.

Thing is, I don't know of any syncing software that would work between an iOS 6 iPhone 5, Snow Leopard Intel Mac, and a Leopard running G5 Mac.

Any ideas?

wobegong
Oct 2, 2012, 04:04 AM
I use Fruux (http://www.fruux.com) to sync between Intel Mac Laptop, PM G5, iPhone4 and a Nokia N9 - Contacts and Calendar that is....

eyoungren
Oct 2, 2012, 08:09 AM
Syncmate by Eltima will do this. I used it up til September 21st when my WinMo phone was active.

If you have a spare iPhone around you could do this via iCloud too. All my stuff was on my WinMo phone so I synced to my Mac using SyncMate, then used iTunes to sync to my iPhone 3GS (got it as a gift for Christmas, but AT&T is not my carrier) which I use as a wifi only device. Since my iPhone 3GS backs up to iCloud all my contacts automagically appeared on my iPhone 5.