Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I want to use my Nexus 7 for college but the app I have to view these power point files won't let me add text boxes or easily edit the slides in slide view. I'm using Documents To Go. I'll be using an external keyboard so I'll have more room on the screen hopefully (haven't gotten it yet so I don't know how it works)

b24pgg

macrumors 65816
Jan 28, 2009
CA
My SGS3 came with Polaris Office Viewer (viewing only) and my Droid 4 came with QuickOffice (viewing/editing). Both are great, but I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives than QuickOffice in the Play Store.

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
My SGS3 came with Polaris Office Viewer (viewing only) and my Droid 4 came with QuickOffice (viewing/editing). Both are great, but I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives than QuickOffice in the Play Store.

I don't mind paying as long as it gets the job done and well. I'll check them out thanks for the suggestions.

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland

I've been using QuickOffice on my phone for a while and its great. I think I'll buy it for my Nexus 7 whenever my case arrives so I can actually take it out of the house.

nba1341

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2007
for pdf.... adobe reader of course. love being able to write notes on the pdf and such
documents to go for viewing anything else.

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Quick office won't let me save anything I've changed in a file already in dropbox. I've tried a pdf and ppt. Adobe will let me save an edited pdf. Any ideas or how to fix this? If not then is there an alternative that does? I can't get a refund on this because it's been well over 15 mins :(

nba1341

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2007
Quick office won't let me save anything I've changed in a file already in dropbox. I've tried a pdf and ppt. Adobe will let me save an edited pdf. Any ideas or how to fix this? If not then is there an alternative that does? I can't get a refund on this because it's been well over 15 mins :(

if you are loading from drop box app you are not going to be able to save. you would have to export to sd card then edit.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本

Ok, not android; but I have quite good experience with Polaris on iPhone/iPad. I would give that a try. It really renders very well PPT and XLS files.
I would assume that's similar on androids ... And it's the same home country as Samsung :D

3bs

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Quickoffice has stopped opening files for some reason and this is happening on both my Nexus 7 and my GS3 so I gave up on it because they don't have a support email on the Play store and their website was a PITA. I ended up buying OfficeSuite Pro which is working flawlessly so far. I'm glad this happened even though it means I paid for Quickoffice because OfficeSuite Pro lets me open documents from the dropbox app and edit them and it saves whatever I edit. Quickoffice wouldn't let me do that.

No wonder it's in the top paid apps. Here's a link in case you want it https://play.google.com/store/apps/...3lzdGVtcy5lZGl0b3Iub2ZmaWNlX3JlZ2lzdGVyZWQiXQ..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.