Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
I'm looking for a template to create a press pass for my middle school yearbook club. Preferably something free. I have Microsoft Office, and some other educational software products, but unfortunately no PhotoShop. Does anyone know of a decent Word template or something that I can tweak to my needs? I'm a little lazy at the moment and not entirely confident I could whip something up with enough of a "cool" factor. We have a sweet ID maker at school and I think it would make my students feel extra special to have official looking "press passes" to wear to our athletic events and such.
Thanks!

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
Do you have Pages?

Create a document, probably using the Page Layout option. Use a table so it all lines up, and make all the lines invisible. Leave a cell open for the photo. You can put a text box on top and rotate it 45º - the text would say "Press" or the something. Set the opacity to about 50% so the photo shows through. Looks really official.

Then, you just drag a photo over and drop it into the cell, and save as a PDF (for the inevitable "I need a new pass, my dog ate my old one...") and print and laminate. All you need now is a fedora so that you have something to tuck the pass into.

JustinOReilly

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2012
Maryland
I'm looking for a template to create a press pass for my middle school yearbook club. Preferably something free. I have Microsoft Office, and some other educational software products, but unfortunately no PhotoShop. Does anyone know of a decent Word template or something that I can tweak to my needs? I'm a little lazy at the moment and not entirely confident I could whip something up with enough of a "cool" factor. We have a sweet ID maker at school and I think it would make my students feel extra special to have official looking "press passes" to wear to our athletic events and such.
Thanks!

I was in your position once.
I PM'D you a template.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.