Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-SD-

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Peterborough, UK
The US also got the X'Eye, which was a slightly redesigned RG-M2 Wondermega, missing the IR controllers. Also the CD-X, which was called the MultiMega in the UK, another Megadrive/Genesis & CD combo.

Japan got the RG-M1 Wondermega which is one of the most awesome console designs ever, as well as the fully featured version of the RG-M2.

There's also the Aiwa CSD-GM1 portable stereo Mega CD combo, which I've always wanted to see in person.

The Teradrive in Japan and the Amstrad MegaPC in the UK were two entirely different takes on combining a Megadrive with computer hardware.

That's about it for Megadrives that I can think of, I'm sure it's the console with the most entertaining variants.

The Panasonic Q GameCube is a fantastic looking variation on the standard console, it features a tray loading drive with full DVD playback. And it's all shiny!

The Divers 2000 Series CX-1 Dreamcast looks incredible. One of the most amazing and unique designs for a system ever.

And let's not even start on all the many, many variations of the PC Engine/TurboGrafx 16.......

:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.