Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dassttuuff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2005
i just got an ipod and i need to know something very badly
can you take music that you got from limewire and put it into your ipod

DEXTERITY

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2004
if you have itunes open and limewire open you should see what you downloaded from limewire under its icon in itunes. You should be able to drag them over to your ipod. If not, find the folder with the mp3's you downloaded from limewire and drag them to itunes and then to your ipod.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I'm not going to help until you explain to me how you legally get music from LimeWire (and yes, there is a very easy answer to both questions being asked). :)

DEXTERITY

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2004
he downloaded something he already purchased and owned in order to make a back up copy since the cd he purchased wasn't available at the time.

quackattack

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Boise, ID
Just take the files you downloaded and drag them into the itunes library. From there you can sync to the iPod. Easy.

Assuming the tracks were obtained legally of course. :p

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2005
can iPod play EVERY single song that u have in iTunes?
i mean i've a library with mp4s in iTunes, will my iPod play all that?

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
mad jew said:
I'm not going to help until you explain to me how you legally get music from LimeWire (and yes, there is a very easy answer to both questions being asked). :)
He's downloaded some music that the artist has made freely available for anyone to download.

::20ROGERSC::

PaRaGoNViCtiM

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2005
PA
dan-o-mac said:
Limewire has the option to automatically tranfer song to iTunes when you finish downloading.
Yep, yep, just go to Preferences in Limewire, and set it up to automatically import the songs into iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.