PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get their SuperDrive PowerBook yet?


Skandranon
Nov 20, 2002, 08:54 AM
Alright gang, my first thread. I'm ordering a new SuperDrive TiBook at the end of this month, but has anyone gotten theirs yet?

If so, could you provide photos for those of us who are lusting over the prospect of a new PowerBook?

I'm so eager to get mine, I don't think I can wait until I finally order it. Gimme a fix, fellas!

:D

mcrain
Nov 20, 2002, 09:50 AM
I ordered mine either the day it came out or the next day, and have not received it yet. Should be pretty soon though. They said 3-4 weeks, and it hasn't been that long.

Remember, patience is a virgin.

iGav
Nov 20, 2002, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Skandranon
Alright gang, my first thread. I'm ordering a new SuperDrive TiBook at the end of this month, but has anyone gotten theirs yet?

If so, could you provide photos for those of us who are lusting over the prospect of a new PowerBook?

I'm so eager to get mine, I don't think I can wait until I finally order it. Gimme a fix, fellas!

:D

They'll look exactly like the old PowerBooks though...... :p :p :p

I just re-ordered my PowerBook'Superdrive'd' on Saturday with Apple, and I've been told to expect between 1 to 3 weeks........... I'm sure I can wait though...... I still have my Rev A t help me plod through those coming weeks.... heh heh :p

szark
Nov 20, 2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by iGAV

They'll look exactly like the old PowerBooks though...... :p :p :p


Actually, there is one tiny difference:

The "PowerBook G4" text under the display is in their new font instead of the old font. I noticed it on the new 867 model at the Apple Store.

datafusion
Nov 20, 2002, 02:14 PM
Got mine today. I ordered it the morning they were announced (11/6), and was told 3-4 weeks. I selected 'standard' shipping, and it came FedEx direct from Taiwan. I got the notification on Saturday, and it was at my dorrstep in Buffalo this morning (Wednesday).

Other than the font change below the screen that has already been noted, it looks identical to my daughter's 667MHz TiBook.

It may be a bit thicker. Mine measures 1 1/16 inch when closed, and, as I recall,
the non-SD powerbooks are an even inch, are they not?

-Rick

Skandranon
Nov 20, 2002, 09:32 PM
Obviously they're the same models as the prior generations... but is there anyway someone can take a photograph of the new Myriad font title on the screen? I guess I'm overly-anxious about my newest acquisition... I'm upgrading from a Power Mac 400.

Also, I'd like to know if there's any improvement to Airport reception, improvement in heat, significant speed boost, etc.... all the intangibles, I guess.

;)

madamimadam
Nov 21, 2002, 12:17 AM
I AM IN HEAVEN

Got my 1Ghz today.... my PMG4 533 is a DOG... this baby just rips it up.

I don't have my camera here, sorry, but, yes, the font is different... I like it.

I am loving all the software that comes with the machines too... the program for taking screen images and movies is SO handy.

As an interesting comparison, I was dual displaying on my 533 the other week with an extra graphics card in the machine and it could not run the flurry screen saver properly, it was SSSOOOO SSSLLLLOOOOWWWW... this baby runs it full steam ahead with my 17" pluged in with dual desktop.

Also, the screen res is 1280 x 854 so I have the same resolution on the PB horizontally as on my 17".

OH BABY!!!

madamimadam
Nov 21, 2002, 01:41 AM
In VPC, anyone know what an x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping machine is??? This is what VPC says the 1GHz is.

benixau
Nov 21, 2002, 02:13 AM
PIII under VPC

britboy
Nov 21, 2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by mcrain

Remember, patience is a virgin.

Surely you mean 'virtue'????


Nice to see you finally got round to purchasing a mac though mcrain.

madamimadam
Nov 21, 2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by madamimadam
I AM IN HEAVEN

Got my 1Ghz today.... my PMG4 533 is a DOG... this baby just rips it up.

I don't have my camera here, sorry, but, yes, the font is different... I like it.

I am loving all the software that comes with the machines too... the program for taking screen images and movies is SO handy.

As an interesting comparison, I was dual displaying on my 533 the other week with an extra graphics card in the machine and it could not run the flurry screen saver properly, it was SSSOOOO SSSLLLLOOOOWWWW... this baby runs it full steam ahead with my 17" pluged in with dual desktop.

Also, the screen res is 1280 x 854 so I have the same resolution on the PB horizontally as on my 17".

OH BABY!!!

I went to all the effort of getting my camera and I forgot the USB cable
:rollseyes: